The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannah1411
I rang the admissions and they gave me more space 🙂

Oh ok thank you🙂
Original post by Hannah1411
I rang the admissions and they gave me more space 🙂

Doesn’t it say somewhere on the Surrey website to try and upload all of your references in one document...?
You only need to provide 5 references for Surrey
Original post by LuBabaChica
Doesn’t it say somewhere on the Surrey website to try and upload all of your references in one document...?

Yes it may do but I didn’t realise this so I rang them
Original post by Rugrat95
Hey glad to hear from you! I was starting to feel old :tongue:
Notts sent me an email a while ago that said all applicants are cross-considered for all 3 courses, so there is only need to apply for one.
Where else have you applied? :smile:

Oh that's useful to know, as I wanted to have the gateway course as my backup but didn't end up applying for it.

Applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, Glasgow and Surrey.

Kind of regretting Cambridge now as the NSAA is next Thursday and I've been so bogged down with second year work plus all the questionnaires all the unis want that I just haven't started to revise until yesterday. Oh well I hope I haven't wasted an application :frown:

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? And where did you apply to?
Any Cambridge applicants nervous for the NSAA next thursday!? 🙈

Also, just wondering if everyone has had their Bristol questionnaire yet? 😃
Original post by Anderson2727

I sent my application the 6th and received the questionnaire the 18th. I think if you sent it closer to the deadline it takes a bit longer because there is a lot more applications to check through

Still not had my Bristol! Sent on 10th, acknowledgement on 12th.
Got the VIP thingy for Bristol but heard nothing more.
Havent heard anything from RVC either.
Done all the Nottingham tests and stuff too. Hopefully I've done them all right. bricking it!
Just getting my last references together for surrey. Although one was sent by an official email with and attached pdf with no signature, is this okay as long as i show that its from an official email or do i need a signature still .
many thanks
Original post by Megan_Kira
Just getting my last references together for surrey. Although one was sent by an official email with and attached pdf with no signature, is this okay as long as i show that its from an official email or do i need a signature still .
many thanks

They didn't accept mine, I had to ask them to copy the contents of the attachment into the body of the email
Original post by Nessie162
They didn't accept mine, I had to ask them to copy the contents of the attachment into the body of the email

Okay thanks thats really helpful ill do the same. I've already got references for the 4 weeks so if i don't include this reference will it be a problem? or do i need to include references for all my work experience
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Megan_Kira
Okay thanks thats really helpful ill do the same. I've already got references for the 4 weeks so if i don't include this reference will it be a problem? or do i need to include references for all my work experience

I only sent 5 references
When I spoke to the head of the vet school on the open day, he said adding extra references in if you have them is fine just because it looks good. I added all of my references in on one word document :smile:
Original post by brrrigid
When I spoke to the head of the vet school on the open day, he said adding extra references in if you have them is fine just because it looks good. I added all of my references in on one word document :smile:

I feel they should put this on the website, cause it then gives those who can't travel to open days an advantage... I think they should have an open day notes page so people elsewhere in the world can benefit too
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sophielophie
I feel they should put this on the website, cause it then gives those who can travel to open days an advantage... I think they should have an open day notes page so people elsewhere in the world can benefit too

I agree 100%...I got caught out by conflicting Liverpool documents and had to message the admissions team in a panic :frown: The open day I attended 2 weeks later cleared it up. And has anyone else noticed that for Nottingham, they mention that you need either 4 or 6 weeks in several different documents? Confused me a lot aha
Original post by brrrigid
I agree 100%...I got caught out by conflicting Liverpool documents and had to message the admissions team in a panic :frown: The open day I attended 2 weeks later cleared it up. And has anyone else noticed that for Nottingham, they mention that you need either 4 or 6 weeks in several different documents? Confused me a lot aha

What did you have to do for Liverpool? I thought we just needed to do the work experience questionnaire.
We did, but when I did it, there was conflicting fields of information - I emailed the admin team after completion and they edited their questionnaire and they said what i had submitted was fine and they'd contact me further if they needed anything else.
I had a mini heart attack

terrified

Quick Reply