The Student Room Group

Feeling too disappointed over a small maths test!!!

So I had a test . Pretty confident since I am always the top scorer however today’s test was just hell , worst thing I ever seen . I revised 10x harder over holidays however the questions weren’t even similar anyways , now I feel too disappointed too “depressed” knowing now the answers I already know I’ll get 30% , other people seemed to do better since everyone else was smiling.
I’m just writting this out of frustration , I’m a bit weird I know but maths was my “thing” I literally cried at home at how stupid I was. I’m in year 12 , and I feel like this test will be used against me , I really need an A* prediction at maths :frown:
You'll be fine, it's just one test. As long as you go over what you got wrong.
Thank you
Original post by FrostedStarzzz
So I had a test . Pretty confident since I am always the top scorer however today’s test was just hell , worst thing I ever seen . I revised 10x harder over holidays however the questions weren’t even similar anyways , now I feel too disappointed too “depressed” knowing now the answers I already know I’ll get 30% , other people seemed to do better since everyone else was smiling.
I’m just writting this out of frustration , I’m a bit weird I know but maths was my “thing” I literally cried at home at how stupid I was. I’m in year 12 , and I feel like this test will be used against me , I really need an A* prediction at maths :frown:

provided you learn from your mistakes, it will definitely be worth it in the long run despite the initial upset.

Perhaps the test was easier than u realised but instead u over complicated it my revising the wrong bits or simply it may have been your weakness but someone else's strength.
Good GCSE also doesn't mean that your gonna do well overall since it may have been harder than u were expecting.
You also have the whole year and it's the start of the year give ur self time to get the hang of the mark schemes and exam questions.
Chill out you'll be fine and besides all u can do is learn from ur mistakes as success can only be achieved after some failure 😊hope this helps
Good luck

Worrying shows that you really care about your academic results/success.

It's just one test, and chances are the teachers made it deliberately super-difficult to 'scare' the students. I found class tests a lot more difficult than the actual A-Level exams.

Don't worry about it and focus on your final exam instead.
Original post by RED
Perhaps the test was easier than u realised but instead u over complicated it my revising the wrong bits or simply it may have been your weakness but someone else's strength.
Good GCSE also doesn't mean that your gonna do well overall since it may have been harder than u were expecting.
You also have the whole year and it's the start of the year give ur self time to get the hang of the mark schemes and exam questions.
Chill out you'll be fine and besides all u can do is learn from ur mistakes as success can only be achieved after some failure 😊hope this helps
Good luck

Thank you I totally forgot about the mistakes will make you perfect next time”. Thank you again , I’m just going to dread having to tell people I have low marks when they expected better of me , oh and my teacher who will have a disappointing face but oh well
Original post by Blue_Cow
Worrying shows that you really care about your academic results/success.

It's just one test, and chances are the teachers made it deliberately super-difficult to 'scare' the students. I found class tests a lot more difficult than the actual A-Level exams.

Don't worry about it and focus on your final exam instead.

Thank you :smile:
Thank you I totally forgot about the mistakes will make you perfect next time”. Thank you again , I’m just going to dread having to tell people I have low marks when they expected better of me , oh and my teacher who will have a disappointing face but oh well

Who cares what they think - nobody cared if u got a high grade - they probably just assumed - most people are more concerned about themselves (no offence) then your grade 😊
It's the start of yr 12 - believe me- be lucky that they expect great things since most teachers usually don't care or expect much from yr 12s grades this early in the academic year 😊
It's better to get everything wrong now than later in the year! Learn from your mistakes and I promise you'll do better :smile:
It's important that you don't put yourself under too much pressure in life - perfectionism leads to a lot of unnecessary stress. Making a few mistakes doesn't mean that you are bad at Maths or that you're a failure; it just means that you had a bad test. Believe in yourself and don't be scared of an occasional bad mark.
Thank you all
UPDATE: I got 70% but the second highest - highest was 72%

Quick Reply