The Student Room Group

Trump's ex-campaign manager charged with conspiracy against the United States

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by KekNewsNetwork
What about the Clinton dossier and its links to Russia?

Something that was given 7 minutes air time by CNN...

I hope the irony of using Whataboutism to deflect attention from team Trump's alleged Russian corruption is not lost on you.
Original post by MrDystopia
Quite the opposite, I'm enjoying the cries of 'but her emails' after a Trump team member admits to lying to the FBI about his on-goings as part of the campaign :lol:

For sure, definite progress.

A year+ in office and this is all we've got. Nice. Trump'll still be in the Oval Office by the end of the month. You'll be disappointed.
Original post by KekNewsNetwork
A year+ in office and this is all we've got. Nice. Trump'll still be in the Oval Office by the end of the month. You'll be disappointed.

Thinking objectively I too don’t believe he’ll be ousted by the end of November, I don’t believe anyone thinks an investigation of this size will move that quickly.

And this is all we’ve got? It’s the first unsealed charges of an investigation that has lasted months so far (and is continuing). Of course it’s going to be all we’ve got if they’re the first. Have some patience! :tongue:
The comments on Breitbart are too absurd for words. Trumpism truly is a cult. Nothing will ever convince these people that Trump is unfit for office.
Reply 44
Original post by Snufkin
Paul Manafort, President Trump's ex-campaign manager, has been charged on 12 counts including conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading statements under the Foreign Agent Registration Act, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts. This indictment is related to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Beginning of the end for Trump? I think so. I can't wait to see what the Trumpites say... doubtless they'll find a way to blame Hillary Clinton. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-41805324
Did you even read the article. Any idiot can just copy and paste.

The alleged incidents happened years before he was even connected to Trump. Yet another miserable fail just to try to take the attention off Clinton.

The problem is that almost every career politician is crooked, some more than others. Trump is not a career politician and every democrat and some republicans will keep trying to stick the knives in just to cover their own backs.

I still can't believe that some of you are that gullible that you can't see what is really happening.
Just to keep us entertained while we await further developments in the quest for Trump's collusion with Russia...

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well. And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

That's from the NY Times in 2015. We do have to wonder what those donations were in aid of.

Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.

The path to a Russian acquisition of American uranium deposits began in 2005 in Kazakhstan, where the Canadian mining financier Frank Giustra orchestrated his first big uranium deal, with Mr. Clinton at his side. The two men had flown aboard Mr. Giustra’s private jet to Almaty, Kazakhstan, where they dined with the authoritarian president, Nursultan A. Nazarbayev. Mr. Clinton handed the Kazakh president a propaganda coup when he expressed support for Mr. Nazarbayev’s bid to head an international elections monitoring group, undercutting American foreign policy and criticism of Kazakhstan’s poor human rights record by, among others, his wife, then a senator. Within days of the visit, Mr. Giustra’s fledgling company, UrAsia Energy Ltd., signed a preliminary deal giving it stakes in three uranium mines controlled by the state-run uranium agency Kazatomprom.

Much more interesting than all uncovered Trump's 'collusion'...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Snufkin
The comments on Breitbart are too absurd for words. Trumpism truly is a cult. Nothing will ever convince these people that Trump is unfit for office.

Yes, it's like a religion with a dodgy messiah who is still alive and obviously a worthless ****er. The nearest analogy would be something like Scientology. However, nobody ever gave control of nuclear weapons to L Ron Hubbard - he was mainly left to dribble over his tomatoes and talk weirdly in interviews.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Err, yes. That donation to the Clinton Foundation was made before she was Secretary of State.

The final decision-makers on that deal were the Committee on Foreign Investment and ultimately President Obama. Every single one of the 16 government departments who were asked for input agreed with the deal. Clinton was merely one of 16.

There is no evidence whatsoever that this donation made years before the deal was even considered, before Clinton was Secretary of State, resulted in Clinton lobbying in favour of the deal.

The decision to approve the partial sale of Uranium One to Rosatom was taken in October 2010, Clinton had become Secretary of State in 2009.

Now it is true that all of the government agencies on the Committee on Foreign Investment unanimously agreed the sale. But the most important, (arguably in the whole of American government, but certainly on a subject such as this) would have been State.

This sale gave Vladimir Putin effective control of 20% of America's uranium supply.

And the State Department, led by Hillary Clinton, waved through a deal of such strategic importance in defence and foreign policy, on the nod.

The timing of the over one hundred million dollar (!!) donation is not material. It was done in the expectation that one Clinton or another would have influence over a deal such as this.

Frank Giustra thought it would be Bill. As he told the New Yorker at the time...

"All of my chips, almost, are on Bill Clinton,” he said. “He’s a brand, a worldwide brand, and he can do things and ask for things that no one else can.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2006/09/18/the-wanderer-3

But in the end it turned out to be Hilary.
Original post by generallee

BUT we have to be fair and balanced here - as we now know was funded by and leaked by crooked Hillary Clinton? No.

Claims to be fair and balanced. Refers to Hilary in an incredibly unbalanced manor. :rolleyes:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
nobody ever gave control of nuclear weapons to L Ron Hubbard - he was mainly left to dribble over his tomatoes and talk weirdly in interviews.

You have the wrong Presidential candidate from the Election.

The one who is dribbling over her tomatoes and talking weirdly in interviews is "loser" Hillary.

Have you seen her promotional book tour? :biggrin:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/09/the-final-torture-democrats-bemoan-clintons-book-tour
Before everyone gets too exited Trump getting booted out and replaced with a more competent evil Republican is the worse possible scenario. He needs to hang on until the next election, make the republican party a joke, then get a democrat back in.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Claims to be fair and balanced. Refers to Hilary in an incredibly unbalanced manor. :rolleyes:

I don't claim to be fair and balanced, I have a political point of view, a very strong one. Although if I have made a factual error in any of my posts please point it out.

The BBC and CNN (and all the rest of the mainstream media) do make that claim. And they aren't. They have strong political views just as I do.

That was my point.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Before everyone gets too exited Trump getting booted out and replaced with a more competent evil Republican is the worse possible scenario. He needs to hang on until the next election, make the republican party a joke, then get a democrat back in.

Dems already became a joke by conspiring against their own candidate to get war criminal Shillary in office and failing badly.
"Trump cannot survive this" in the same way that "Trump cannot win the presidency".
Manafort's dodgy Russian-funded property portfolio is on... Airbnb. :lol:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/30/manaforts-lavish-lifestyle-laundered-illicit-cash-through-property-loans-and-airbnb

The new digital economy offers so many lucrative opportunities to the criminal classes. Perhaps Trump will start advertising rooms at the White House.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
"Trump cannot survive this" in the same way that "Trump cannot win the presidency".

* Searches for evidence that Trump has achieved anything since lying and cheating his way to the Presidency. *

* fails *
Even if the notorious Russian tapes of Mr Trump having unhygienic fun were to surface that would only boost his popularity with his voters.
* Searches for evidence that Trump has achieved anything since lying and cheating his way to the Presidency. *

* fails *

How do you cheat your way to presidency?
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
How do you cheat your way to presidency?

Well, I think many would consider having the Russians spending millions on his behalf in a secretive campaign 'cheating'. But that's just many people.
Well, I think many would consider having the Russians spending millions on his behalf in a secretive campaign 'cheating'. But that's just many people.

No proof of collusion. If the Russians spent that money on their own without collusion with Trump then he has nothing to do with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending