The Student Room Group

Should I do an EP related to degree choices or what I would enjoy more?

I'm studying maths, further maths, physics and chemistry at the moment (I'm in year 12). My school makes everyone do the EPQ so it's compulsory. I'm unsure of whether to do something related to science (physics in particular)/ engineering as that is what I intend to study at uni or whether I should do something unrelated to my subjects but I would enjoy a lot more e.g. something to do with learning a language as I love learning languages but I didn't decide to continue on with it to A level so this might be a good way for me to keep doing what I love while getting a qualification out of it?

But then again, it might be better to choose to do something closely related to my subject choices but I don't know. Any advice?
Original post by peacheyroses
I'm studying maths, further maths, physics and chemistry at the moment (I'm in year 12). My school makes everyone do the EPQ so it's compulsory. I'm unsure of whether to do something related to science (physics in particular)/ engineering as that is what I intend to study at uni or whether I should do something unrelated to my subjects but I would enjoy a lot more e.g. something to do with learning a language as I love learning languages but I didn't decide to continue on with it to A level so this might be a good way for me to keep doing what I love while getting a qualification out of it?

But then again, it might be better to choose to do something closely related to my subject choices but I don't know. Any advice?

The two should have the potential to be the same thing i,e you are interested in and relevant for the course otherwise why apply to spend £60,000 and3 years+?

Relevant to the degree would be my suggestion. That way you can get a reduction of 1 grade in your offer (possibly) and have something in your ps to mention. Its an opportunity to sell your skills.

Quick Reply

Latest