The Student Room Group

My course is not what I signed up for

I started a HNC musical theatre course in September to be told that I was the only person on the course so they have put me on some acting lessons some dance lessons and one singing lesson but there is not link to any of the lessons I feel like I am on part of an acting, part of a dancing course and a singing lesson thrown in for luck it is not what was advertised or sold to me what can I do? I have spoke to the head of course who has just put more unlinked lessons in my timetable but I don’t really fit into any of the groups any advise is greatly appreciated
This is unacceptable if you are not getting what you have signed up for. I would call a meeting with the head of the course and say that you will be withdrawing and would like a refund (if you paid for it) unless they do something to sort it out. They shouldn’t have accepted your admission if they weren’t prepared to offer the course correctly
Reply 2
Original post by del1rious
This is unacceptable if you are not getting what you have signed up for. I would call a meeting with the head of the course and say that you will be withdrawing and would like a refund (if you paid for it) unless they do something to sort it out. They shouldn’t have accepted your admission if they weren’t prepared to offer the course correctly

Thanks for the advise it’s very hard because musical theatre is such a passion of mine it’s very disappointing to be doing lessons that I know I won’t ever need or use don’t know weather to just keep going and hope it gets better or pull out and try and get some private training if I would of know I was the only person on the course than I would of thought again about starting
Original post by Benbug
Thanks for the advise it’s very hard because musical theatre is such a passion of mine it’s very disappointing to be doing lessons that I know I won’t ever need or use don’t know weather to just keep going and hope it gets better or pull out and try and get some private training if I would of know I was the only person on the course than I would of thought again about starting

I know it’s a pain having to pull out and start again but it will benefit you in the future!!!
Reply 4
Original post by del1rious
I know it’s a pain having to pull out and start again but it will benefit you in the future!!!

Thankyou I really appreciate the advise!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending