The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasminbennette
I’ve had offers from everyone (Southampton, UEA, Bath, Portsmouth) except Bristol, who have not come back yet, but only sent it off about a week ago. defo recommend sending them off early!

This is for pharmacology by the way
I've got an offer for English and History at Sheffield
University of Surrey did a week ago.
I received an offer from Physical Geography at Aberystwyth on Monday. Recieved offers from Sussex, Liverpool and Aberystwyth so far but still waiting on UEA and Oxford Brookes but it's only been less than a week.
Original post by hollywytia
I received an offer from Physical Geography at Aberystwyth on Monday. Recieved offers from Sussex, Liverpool and Aberystwyth so far but still waiting on UEA and Oxford Brookes but it's only been less than a week.

Woah, that's fast! Well done!
Just checked the Lancaster thread and apparently 2 people have now received offers! (Been waiting a while for them to start now)
I've had offers from Birmingham, Nottingham, Glasgow, Liverpool and Newcastle all for engineering
I've been offered a place for French and Italian at UCL (!!!!!) and Bristol.
Original post by Squiidsquid
They are all considered equally! As long as you send it before the deadline, you're in the same position as everyone else.

Some universities don't send out any offers until after January, so don't worry about it.

Applications are NOT equal.

Sending in application - whatever subject or uni you're applying to - early has advantages.

Since fewer people are applying earlier, it is morel likely your application is looked at and considered in more detail
Original post by harrisonchar
I've had offers from Birmingham, Nottingham, Glasgow, Liverpool and Newcastle all for engineering

How long did it take Liverpool and Birmingham to reply ? I sent off my application for engineering today
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
Applications are NOT equal.

Sending in application - whatever subject or uni you're applying to - early has advantages.

Since fewer people are applying earlier, it is morel likely your application is looked at and considered in more detail

Any students good enough, whenever they send their application, will get an offer. Any students who aren't, won't.

The chance of getting an offer isn't going to change because of when it was sent, and anyone getting offers now are probably way above the uni's threshold, and would get offers even if they sent their application in January.
Original post by alexico78
How long did it take Liverpool and Birmingham to reply ? I sent off my application for engineering today

Liverpool was literally the morning after I sent it off (very speedy very impressed) and Birmingham was about 2 weeks after I sent it off
I've had 2 from Glasgow, still waiting on Edinburgh though!
Original post by Beth5678
I've had 2 from Glasgow, still waiting on Edinburgh though!

What are you wanting to study?
Reply 54
Has anyone received anything from Lancaster ?
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
What are you wanting to study?

Psychology
Original post by Heirio
Offer from Warwick for Maths and Physics, A*AA (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, respectively).

Hey dude! I got an offer for Maths and Physics today!
Original post by boodledoodle123
Hey dude! I got an offer for Maths and Physics today!

I'm so proud of you :smile:
Original post by Squiidsquid
I'm so proud of you :smile:

awh thanks pal :biggrin:
Original post by G_lily
Has anyone received anything from Lancaster ?

I'm waiting too :frown:

Latest