The Student Room Group

YEAR 13's! How are you finding year 13 so far?

Hey Guys!

So just one question really how are you all finding year 13 so far? I'm finding it somewhat stressful and actually a little worries I won't finish my course in time (although I'm sure my teacher has it in control!)

So how is everyone else feeling about uni and stuff like that!

Chlo x

Scroll to see replies

Average first half term, doing some revision.
Reply 2
Was hopeful i can use year 13 to study more than i did in year 12, but ive found myself to be overloaded with homework and coursework and finding even that hard to complete on time. :frown:
I'm finding it not too bad at the minute just stressing over how much there is to memorise! I'm also sick of waiting for my chemistry teacher to write my UCAS application cause I've had it done for weeks and I just need to wait for him now.

I'm sure you'll finish your course in time dude!
Reply 4
Original post by Aweevee
Was hopeful i can use year 13 to study more than i did in year 12, but ive found myself to be overloaded with homework and coursework and finding even that hard to complete on time. :frown:

Don't worry your not the only one! Luckily I don't have much coursework - only a little for a-level sport but just trying to balance everything is so hard.... I play sport as well outside of school so it's even more difficult - Have you done your UCAS yet?
Reply 5
Original post by chloeematt
Don't worry your not the only one! Luckily I don't have much coursework - only a little for a-level sport but just trying to balance everything is so hard.... I play sport as well outside of school so it's even more difficult - Have you done your UCAS yet?

Started my personal statement but nowhere near finishing
Reply 6
I'm I the only one that's done 0 revision over half term and throughout last term, I'm so lazy
Reply 7
Stressful :sigh:
Challenging :shot:
Tiring :sleep:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by yeahthatonethere
I'm finding it not too bad at the minute just stressing over how much there is to memorise! I'm also sick of waiting for my chemistry teacher to write my UCAS application cause I've had it done for weeks and I just need to wait for him now.

I'm sure you'll finish your course in time dude!

Same here there is so much to memorise and understand and be able to apply it! Same I'm waiting for my form tutor to do mine even though he promised me he'd do it the half term - it's frustrating see other offers go out from the uni I want to go to as well!
Reply 9
Original post by Aweevee
Started my personal statement but nowhere near finishing

Took me a while to do mine and even then it was over the word count >.< Finally cut it down!
Original post by chloeematt
Same here there is so much to memorise and understand and be able to apply it! Same I'm waiting for my form tutor to do mine even though he promised me he'd do it the half term - it's frustrating see other offers go out from the uni I want to go to as well!

Exactly! It was meant to be done by last night at the latest then it goes to our tutors to put them all in one big document,,,then my uni adivisor has to look over every one in the year groups before they send it. I hate waiting so much especially when all the offers are getting sent out.
Reply 11
Exactly! It was meant to be done by last night at the latest then it goes to our tutors to put them all in one big document,,,then my uni adivisor has to look over every one in the year groups before they send it. I hate waiting so much especially when all the offers are getting sent out.

Exact same process where I go - but my director of sixth form has to deal with us all and our head of year - but we have to book appointments and they're starting to get filled up quickly - it's so frustrating!
Reply 12
Original post by AdeptDz
Stressful :sigh:
Challenging :shot:
Tiring :sleep:

the 3 words the describe my life right now :smile:
Sociology is stressing me out. There's too much work!

Oh wait I'm in year 12, read it wrong but hey ho.
Hey guys I finished year 13 this year and am first year at uni. I've read your responses and honestly you guys will be absolutely fine! This year will absolutely fly by so keep a level head, work hard and smile on results day. :biggrin:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Hey guys I finished year 13 this year and am first year at uni. I've read your responses and honestly you guys will be absolutely fine! This year will absolutely fly by so keep a level head, work hard and smile on results day. :biggrin:

Thanks for the encouragement mate!
Just wondering what you're doing an where?
Thanks for the encouragement mate!
Just wondering what you're doing an where?

Forensic psychology at a uni up north (don't really want to say exactly where because of privacy and that stuff)
Reply 17

I see what you did there, "a level head" :biggrin:, that was good.
Hell
Forensic psychology at a uni up north (don't really want to say exactly where because of privacy and that stuff)

Ah yeah that's chill! Forensic psychology sounds awesome. A psychology degree was a back up for me if I ever decided not to do a biology based degree.

I'm a northerner (true northener not that 'Manchester is north' stuff lmao) looking to go further south for uni actually but not too far.

Hope you enjoy it dude!

Quick Reply

Latest