The Student Room Group

Coursework 600 Pages - Page Limit ISSUE

I am in a very very **** situation with my coursework. The coursework has no page limits but I have completed 600 pages of work and have a feeling that an examiner would find this too ridiculous to mark. FML. What do I dooooo?
Original post by Dragon5555
I am in a very very **** situation with my coursework. The coursework has no page limits but I have completed 600 pages of work and have a feeling that an examiner would find this too ridiculous to mark. FML. What do I dooooo?

Challenge yourself to get rid of anything waffle-y :smile:

Which subject is this? :colonhash:
Reply 3

Sounds *much* too long unless it's a postgrad thesis (and even then...).

Chart showing average PhD thesis lengths by subject...

Spoiler

So, is this school or university? If school, ask your teacher... if university, your lecturer/tutor.
(edited 6 years ago)
I honestly think this should come under relationships.
Reply 5
What is the wordcount? My PhD thesis isn't that long hahaha.
The coursework is soft copy but now that you mention it I might print the coursework out for fun too.
Original post by gjd800
What is the wordcount? My PhD thesis isn't that long hahaha.

Around hundred thousand (100k)
Original post by Doonesbury
Sounds *much* too long unless it's a postgrad thesis (and even then...).

Chart showing average PhD thesis lengths by subject...

Spoiler

So, is this school or university? If school, ask your teacher... if university, your lecturer/tutor.

This is for school (AQA A2 ICT) sorry I should have mentioned. I see nowhere telling me not to produce a document of 600 or even more pages and so thought well this way an examiner cannot complain about anything missing and take my precious ums marks. To be honest I cared little about the number of pages and just focused on detail but even at a very small font I face this issue of having too many pages. How thick will my coursework be?! I am scared to print it out 😭 I can imagine the printers perhaps malfunctioning. Sometimes the printers make weird sounds when I print out aboht 30 pages. Imagine a printer suffering from diarrhoea (paper ofc).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
This si for school. A2 ICT (Info4) sorry I should have mentioned. I see nowhere telling me not to produce a document fo 600 or even more pages and so thought well this way an examiner cannot complain abojt anything missing and take my precious ums marks.

So go and talk to your teacher. As you can see from my earlier post, that's longer, much longer, that most PhD theses, nevermind A-level coursework.

No examiner has time to read 600 pages.
(edited 6 years ago)
So go and talk to your teacher. As you can see from my earlier post, that's longer, much longer, that most PhD theses, nevermind A-level coursework.

No examiner has time to read 600 pages.

I will speak to my teacher. My plan is to just reduce font size even more (to size 9).
Reply 11
I will speak to my teacher. My plan is to just reduce font size even more (to size 9 or 10)

Dude.. that doesn't help. You need to remove words, LOTS of words, not make the font smaller.

(Assuming you aren't trolling, which at this stage is becoming less clear...)
Dude.. that doesn't help. You need to remove words, LOTS of words, not make the font smaller.

(Assuming you aren't trolling, which at this stage is becoming less clear...)

I have spent hours trying to remove and reduce page/word count but I have only included that which contributes to my final mark and I do not unerstand why my page count has gone so above uggh. Like you said it is probably best I speak to my teacher. I have a feeling he might get pissed off :/ Imagine you had a student asking you to take a lot of time marking a 600 page coursework while he could simply look at 200 pages or 300 pages long coursework from others.

The worse thing: the coursework is not finished. This is why in my initial post I mentioned FML. I put in a lot of time and if the marks are gained from what i submit it seems difficult to get myself to remove when AQA are not forcing upon me a page limit. Aaaahhhh I don't understand life.
(edited 6 years ago)
How did you even manage to do that? In IT A-level coursework? How "in-depth" are we talking here?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
They won't even read it. In our place, a PhD thesis is, at 100,000 words, too long.
Original post by gjd800
They won't even read it. In our place, a PhD thesis is, at 100,000 words, too long.

So do you think an examiner is likely to not mark at all? Or simply award a low mark?
Reply 16
So do you think an examiner is likely to not mark at all? Or simply award a low mark?

Someone posted their coursework here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2155814

It's 120 pages - much of which is screenshots.

They got full marks...
Reply 17
Just lmfao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending