The Student Room Group

The Trump presidency is over

Trump is finished. The Papadopolous guilty plea, with Manafort and Gates indictments, along with information already in the public domain, proves that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

The essence of the deal was that Trump would change American foreign policy (removing sanctions against Russia, removing the Ukraine plank from the Republican Party platform) in exchange for Russian assistance in winning the election and any dirt they might have on Clinton. And Russia worked hard to keep up their end of the bargain; leaking emails they'd hacked off the DNC servers, running bot campaigns to support the Trump campaign, even attempting to hack the voting machines.

What we now know is that Papadopoulos and Flynn are almost certainly already co-operating with Mueller and providing information about the treasonous bargain Trump struck with the Russians.

This fascinating megathread by an attorney / professor in America outlined how devastating today's events are.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/924988111880417280

Lock him up. Lock him up. Lock him up. Lock him up.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would rather have you locked up tbh
Bear in mind:
Clinton was never impeached because he resigned before it actually took effect (Democrats were blocking it).
Nixon was only impeached when he lost the support of the Republican party which hasn't happened yet with Trump.
Trump's base supporters seem to be committed and the views of this group determines the direction of the Republican party.
(edited 6 years ago)
Keep dreaming.
Original post by emperorCode
Bear in mind:
Clinton was never impeached because he resigned before it actually took effect (Democrats were blocking it).
Nixon was only impeached when he lost the support of the Republican party which hasn't happened yet with Trump.
Trump's base supporters seem to be committed and the views of this group determines the direction of the Republican party.

Nixon resigned before his impeachment proceedings could take effect
No, it isn't. Someone in his campaign spoke to a contact in Russia and didn't tell everybody at the time. Of course that makes headlines in much of the media. Oddly I can't seem to find the news that Mexican gangs are using children to smuggle immigrants across the border.

Last time I looked, Russia and the US were not at war. If someone from Russia says they have information to help your campaign win, I suspect most would ask to see it.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Nixon resigned before his impeachment proceedings could take effect

They voted in favour of impeachment and he immediately resigned. (Pretty much impeached)
Clinton resigned even though they voted against impeachment.
Bear in mind:

You are somewhat confused. Clinton served out his full term, the impeachment vote on the Senate floor on 12 February 1999, failed. It didn't pass.

Nixon was never impeached. He was threatened with impeachment and decided to resign before that process was begun.

Trump's supporters are an ever-dwindling minority of morons whose views are increasingly irrelevant. If the Republicans in Congress drop Trump, he's finished. And there comes a point at which many of those will do that and that point is when it's proven he put the foreign policy of the United States up for sale, and made a deal with the Russians on that basis.

The trigger for the series of events that ends there happened today. A bunch of shrieking alt-right racists are irrelevant to that.
Troll? Surely this a joke :angry:
Original post by Yaboi
Would rather have you locked up tbh

Thankfully whiney alt-right racist losers don't get to decide who goes to prison where I live.
Reply 12
Original post by AlexanderHam
Thankfully whiney alt-right racist losers don't get to decide who goes to prison where I live.

Believe it or not, I thought even someone like you would be above making retarded statements like that.
I wish it was but I think he will be there until 2020. And Mike Pence is actually worse by all accounts.
Bear in mind:

Ummm, Clinton didn't resign he was acquitted
Nixon was not impeached, he resigned before being impeached.
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Troll? Surely this a joke :angry:

Not a troll, but borderline clickbait. Going by what Seth is saying, assuming what he's saying is accurate, it sounds like Trump was, to some extent, aware of what was going on. We could potentially be looking at an impeachment or resignation within the next few days/weeks/months.

Though again, that's assuming what Seth says is true. I still wouldn't rule out the potential of Trump being a pawn/puppet because of his pro-Russian views, and now people are looking to drag his name through the dirt, because Trump. But the potential that he was involved is certainly there.
It truly is amazing to see how deluded lefties still are. Almost every day since Trump won, lefties have been saying "IMPEACH IMPEACH!!!111!!!!!!1" but alas there is no evidence to suggest Trump wrongdoing or collusion, therefore he will remain president of the USA. Keep dreaming and keep eating those nothing burgers. How do they taste? It must be sad to be this angry for almost a year.
BREAKING:

Trump resigns over one post from TSR
Original post by AlexanderHam

The alt right and American conservatism are two very separate groups. Hence alt right refers to "Alternative right". They hate each other.

The alternative right are actually closer to the left because both are obsessed with culture, identity and race (minorities and the white majority)

Both the left and the alt right focus on the collective where as conservatives focus on the individual.
Incredible how many Trumpbots there are here.

Latest

Trending

Trending