The Student Room Group

2019 entry to university?

I am on track for A*A*A* in chemistry, physics, and maths and an A in EPQ.
I originally intended to do chemistry at University, however, some other courses are starting to interest me such as:
Biochemistry
Medicinal chemistry
Medicine
Chemistry with biomedicine

I chose physics as it is just something I am good at naturally, but I never intended on doing more than just what is used in chemistry after that.

The entry requirements for all the degrees mentioned at Imperial and Kings are possible with my options, but what are my chances of getting into, let's say, medicine because I enjoy working in the hospice I volunteer at and would love to make a difference in the world, yet a lot of unis require Biology (except for Oxbridge, but I'm nowhere near good enough for that lol)
Also Queen Mary's and Bristol, Bath.

Any opinions would be appreciated
Original post by JordanStewart
I am on track for A*A*A* in chemistry, physics, and maths and an A in EPQ.
I originally intended to do chemistry at University, however, some other courses are starting to interest me such as:
Biochemistry
Medicinal chemistry
Medicine
Chemistry with biomedicine

I chose physics as it is just something I am good at naturally, but I never intended on doing more than just what is used in chemistry after that.

The entry requirements for all the degrees mentioned at Imperial and Kings are possible with my options, but what are my chances of getting into, let's say, medicine because I enjoy working in the hospice I volunteer at and would love to make a difference in the world, yet a lot of unis require Biology (except for Oxbridge, but I'm nowhere near good enough for that lol)
Also Queen Mary's and Bristol, Bath.

Any opinions would be appreciated

You've missed the medic deadline, and anyway you need work exp- but you've got that, but I would reccomend waiting a bit before deciding- probably best in your case to apply 1st in 2018-19. You can always take Med after your 1st degree though, as there's GEM- biomedicine probably a good shout in that case ( not sure on entry requirements though), any of those would work.
I
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
You've missed the medic deadline, and anyway you need work exp- but you've got that, but I would reccomend waiting a bit before deciding- probably best in your case to apply 1st in 2018-19. You can always take Med after your 1st degree though, as there's GEM- biomedicine probably a good shout in that case ( not sure on entry requirements though), any of those would work.

really??? I'm currently doing AS levels so I thought applications weren't due to next year
I

really??? I'm currently doing AS levels so I thought applications weren't due to next year

I thought you were A2 :sorry:, so Applications are due next year- 15th Oct for med, 15th Jan for anything else
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
I thought you were A2 :sorry:, so Applications are due next year- 15th Oct for med, 15th Jan for anything else

Ahhh ok thanks sorry I should have made that clear:smile:
Ahhh ok thanks sorry I should have made that clear:smile:

As I've said, consider your options, nothing needs to be firm until Oct next year
How can you be on track for 3 A*s 1 month into your course. Bit optimistic of your teachers..,
Original post by JammieDodger27
How can you be on track for 3 A*s 1 month into your course. Bit optimistic of your teachers..,

Meh I'll take all the encouragement I get, I just did alright in my gcses and in AS mocks but you do have a point
Reply 8
Zeeemooon
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending