The Student Room Group

Homework

So I have just gone into year nine and the homework is getting so difficult it's gone from 5-7 pieces of homework a week to 13-15 and I can't seem to get it all done. Can anyone relate to this or give me some advice I could really use it?
I can relate 😭 I just moved schools into y9 and we get homework in EVERY SINGLE LESSON and they want us to be doing it for 4-5 days a week. I mean it's not that I'm lazy but I'm already tired with the amount of pressure and work they're giving us. But I suggest you do some when you get home and finish the rest later if it's all too much. I've started doing that yesterday because I had too much homework for this week and I'm getting it done little by little lol
Original post by Namjoongang
I can relate 😭 I just moved schools into y9 and we get homework in EVERY SINGLE LESSON and they want us to be doing it for 4-5 days a week. I mean it's not that I'm lazy but I'm already tired with the amount of pressure and work they're giving us. But I suggest you do some when you get home and finish the rest later if it's all too much. I've started doing that yesterday because I had too much homework for this week and I'm getting it done little by little lol

Thanks. So much your advice really helps and I can totally agree with coming home from school tired with little energy
Original post by Namjoongang

You guys haven’t got it bad, trust me (A level student). Just make sure you keep on top of it and get into a routine. It’s not that bad.
Reply 4
My school has a thing of getting a piece of homework for 3 out of the 4 lessons a day and for some that is very hard.
It’s different for me as I’m in A Level
Trust me, the level of homework will only increase as you get closer to GCSE
Reply 5
Make a to do list and then prioritise the order of you stuff then give yourself a timing for each task Eg: maths algebra homework due (next Wednesday ) 40 mins

You should make a a simple timetable
Year 9,10 I never got any homework
I wish my school would set more homework as it actually helps. It may seem like a lot now but it will decrease your workload in year 11 when revising for your GCSEs

Quick Reply