The Student Room Group

D&T coursework oops

I'm doing Design and Technology: Product Design 7552, thats about all I remember and I've got the first 2 pages of my coursework due in on Wednesday, and I'm not totally sure what should be on my initial ideas page and my market research page? I went on holiday and forgot everything that should be on those pages...
Any ideas on how to lay them out and what sort of content i should be aiming for??

Thanks!
Is this GCSE? im doing AQA spec, making a lamp, I have done most of the info up to ideation/crating idea's but haven't printed any out either. Glad to know theres someone out there experiencing the same pain as I am though
Reply 2
Original post by mc_miah
Is this GCSE? im doing AQA spec, making a lamp, I have done most of the info up to ideation/crating idea's but haven't printed any out either. Glad to know theres someone out there experiencing the same pain as I am though

Ah Cr*p, forgot to mention that it was A-Level, and I actually didn't take it at GCSE so I'm in an interesting position! I think I'm AQA too. By the sound of it you've done your pages though?
Original post by 0h_n0
Ah Cr*p, forgot to mention that it was A-Level, and I actually didn't take it at GCSE so I'm in an interesting position! I think I'm AQA too. By the sound of it you've done your pages though?

Ah good luck man and yeah I have done most of my pages, about 8000 words so far. Although it doesn't look like it, Product design is quite a time-consuming subject ;///
Reply 4
Also, I'm not 100% sure what to make yet, I've been fishing around for ideas and I like the idea of a desk pc (https://www.pcworld.com/article/2047642/how-a-legendary-pc-mod-inspired-the-most-outrageous-computer-desk-ever-created.html ) but my teacher didn't seem to like the idea too much! (or me for that matter, but the feelings mutual! :'D )
Reply 5
Original post by mc_miah
Ah good luck man and yeah I have done most of my pages, about 8000 words so far. Although it doesn't look like it, Product design is quite a time-consuming subject ;///

Thanks, and you too mate, and I agree, its taking up a surprising amount of time what with all the innovating and drawing :'D
Original post by 0h_n0
Also, I'm not 100% sure what to make yet, I've been fishing around for ideas and I like the idea of a desk pc (https://www.pcworld.com/article/2047642/how-a-legendary-pc-mod-inspired-the-most-outrageous-computer-desk-ever-created.html ) but my teacher didn't seem to like the idea too much! (or me for that matter, but the feelings mutual! :'D )

Woah, How the heck do you fit a pc into a desk!!?? I think it looks awesome, but I feel like if your teacher doesn't like it, maybe you should change a bit idk, just to suck up to him and get that predicted grade or something. I still think it looks cool though, good luck man!
Reply 7
Original post by mc_miah
Woah, How the heck do you fit a pc into a desk!!?? I think it looks awesome, but I feel like if your teacher doesn't like it, maybe you should change a bit idk, just to suck up to him and get that predicted grade or something. I still think it looks cool though, good luck man!

Yeah, it seems like it'd be a fairly challenging project, although my teacher doesn't like it so much because of how it doesn't have a real use, whereas the other idea I came across has more of a use, its like a desk with a portion that comes up on a hinge and there's a monitor beneath it...? ( http://www.smartdesks.com/flipit-flip-up-pc-computer-classroom-desks.asp )
(and I agree with you on sucking up a bit, it could be useful!)

Quick Reply

Latest