The Student Room Group

GYG 2017: My Apple Tree: From 3s and 4s to 8s and 9s

Scroll to see replies

Original post by streetdude28
Glad you had a good time Faith! P.S Obliterate your GCSEs

Thank you and I will😂
A bit confused about this but hope you enjoyed my entries : )
/ / M O N D A Y 3 0 O C T O B E R 2 0 1 8 / /
1 9 : 0 2 , K E N T
lol, You know how I said I will be updating the blog regularly, well I've failed that. But I'm back and I'm better. I'm not really better, I'm back at school but tbh with you I do prefer being at school rather than being at home. I know crazy but don't ask. Where have I been, you wonder?

I've been mainly cramming for my tests this week, and trying to make sense of everything. Things have been tough and I'm sorry I don't have any pretty notes to share with you, I've been super busy so all my notes are ugly :frown: Oh well.

I've also been trying to organise my life a little, so I am working on a GCSE Revision Checklist for absolutely everything, it's taking quite a while, but when I'm done I I'll upload it here aswell when I'm done and the GetRevising Site so you lot could use it to. S E E B E L O W

I've also got great news!! I've FINALLY found a revision technique for Science, You're probably thinking isn't a bit late for that, but its better late than never. I will make another post on it soon, I want to talk about in depth, but I can't wait to share it with you guys. I am probably gonna talk about how I revise for the rest of the subjects, I want to help others and myself. But yeah, other than that, not really anymore news, I'm going to try and update regularly but I believe I have FOUR tests on Thursday so wish me luck as well :frown:

They're not the mocks but they are still important.

Thank you for reading and see you later
lots of love, faith

C L O S E E N T R Y
Original post by faithoshxo
lol, You know how I said I will be updating the blog regularly, well I've failed that. But I'm back and I'm better. I'm not really better, I'm back at school but tbh with you I do prefer being at school rather than being at home. I know crazy but don't ask. Where have I been, you wonder?

I've been mainly cramming for my tests this week, and trying to make sense of everything. Things have been tough and I'm sorry I don't have any pretty notes to share with you, I've been super busy so all my notes are ugly :frown: Oh well.

I've also been trying to organise my life a little, so I am working on a GCSE Revision Checklist for absolutely everything, it's taking quite a while, but when I'm done I I'll upload it here aswell when I'm done and the GetRevising Site so you lot could use it to. S E E B E L O W

I've also got great news!! I've FINALLY found a revision technique for Science, You're probably thinking isn't a bit late for that, but its better late than never. I will make another post on it soon, I want to talk about in depth, but I can't wait to share it with you guys. I am probably gonna talk about how I revise for the rest of the subjects, I want to help others and myself. But yeah, other than that, not really anymore news, I'm going to try and update regularly but I believe I have FOUR tests on Thursday so wish me luck as well :frown:

lots of love, faith

C L O S E E N T R Y

i think you should share your revision technqiues for every subject!

it’d be really interesting :smile:

lots of love, faith

C L O S E E N T R Y

Those revision checklists look amazing! I love them...I wish was this organised!
This is pretty regular...mine is a lot worse!
and :yay: for revision technique for science. I only really found what worked in the weeks right coming up to my exam so it's great you've found something so early! I find I revise very differently for each subject, and what works in one really doesn't work in others...I'm a bit odd lol
Original post by clouddbubbles
i think you should share your revision technqiues for every subject!

it’d be really interesting :smile:

Really? Yeah I might have a go at that thank you lol. I'm gonna definitely do a post for Science by the end of this week, I'l add that to my checklist :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
Those revision checklists look amazing! I love them...I wish was this organised!
This is pretty regular...mine is a lot worse!
and :yay: for revision technique for science. I only really found what worked in the weeks right coming up to my exam so it's great you've found something so early! I find I revise very differently for each subject, and what works in one really doesn't work in others...I'm a bit odd lol

Thank you, hopefully I'll get them done soon so I can share them with everyone! That makes me a feel a lot better, everyone at my school seemed to have the revision down for years :smile: I've finally caught up and same, you're not odd. The way I revise the other subjects are polar opposites. I hope to share some of my techniques soon :tongue:
Wow! Your macbeth notes are soo pretty! Have you ever thought about starting a studygram? I would totally follow you! Also what other novels are you studying for English Lit? :smile:) xx
Thank you, hopefully I'll get them done soon so I can share them with everyone! That makes me a feel a lot better, everyone at my school seemed to have the revision down for years :smile: I've finally caught up and same, you're not odd. The way I revise the other subjects are polar opposites. I hope to share some of my techniques soon :tongue:

Apart from for the few real GCSE exams I did before year 11, then I don't think I ever revised for anything tbh (and even my revision for that was a bit rubbish and not structured at all). While it might seem that everyone else has it sorted, in many cases they won't! (And even those who think they have it sorted may not be using the best method for them, it's good to experiment :smile:)
I'm miles behind...I have pending: a post I started at the beginning of October that still isn't done, a post I started last week which is about half done and a post I started today which is mostly done but I haven't got round to finishing as I've been working (well at least that's progress). Oh and a couple of other posts I want to write, but so far haven't started! That's soo cool...most people I meet only use one main method for all their subjects so it's nice to hear I'm not the only one who finds a variety of methods work, but only for certain subjects :five:
Concentrate on using them for your tests on Thursday first! Good luck for them!
Original post by Faeeza.Ifti
Wow! Your macbeth notes are soo pretty! Have you ever thought about starting a studygram? I would totally follow you! Also what other novels are you studying for English Lit? :smile:) xx

Thank you so much! I would but I don't really enjoy Instagram, the only form of social media I have is Snapchat and I barely use that lol. Maybe in the future, I try and post more pictures of my notes on here, I'll try and make them have better quality as well.

I am studying EDEXCEL An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol, Macbeth and Poetry Relationships :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
Apart from for the few real GCSE exams I did before year 11, then I don't think I ever revised for anything tbh (and even my revision for that was a bit rubbish and not structured at all). While it might seem that everyone else has it sorted, in many cases they won't! (And even those who think they have it sorted may not be using the best method for them, it's good to experiment :smile:)
I'm miles behind...I have pending: a post I started at the beginning of October that still isn't done, a post I started last week which is about half done and a post I started today which is mostly done but I haven't got round to finishing as I've been working (well at least that's progress). Oh and a couple of other posts I want to write, but so far haven't started! That's soo cool...most people I meet only use one main method for all their subjects so it's nice to hear I'm not the only one who finds a variety of methods work, but only for certain subjects :five:
Concentrate on using them for your tests on Thursday first! Good luck for them!

Thank you for this, your advice is really helpful. And thank you again, and I will! :smile:
Thank you for this, your advice is really helpful. And thank you again, and I will! :smile:

No worries, glad you find it helpful :smile:
:thumbsup:
Reply 32
Ngl my GCSE revision consisted of reading the entire revision guide the night before for all 21 exams. I won't be of much use to you regarding advice xD

The only advice I can give is: don't have this attitude in AS and A lvls. It's no longer a memory game at college.
(edited 6 years ago)
Good luck! This is really motivational and I look forward to your updates :biggrin:
Original post by Nuttyy
Ngl my GCSE revision consisted of reading the entire revision guide the night before for all 21 exams. I won't be of much use to you regarding advice xD

The only advice I can give is: don't have this attitude in AS and A lvls. It's no longer a memory game at college.

Thank you loads! Yeah I definitely need to start now I struggle with learning big chunks of content so I'm the worst crammer. Thank you again :smile:
Reply 35
Thank you loads! Yeah I definitely need to start now I struggle with learning big chunks of content so I'm the worst crammer. Thank you again :smile:

I got 6th best in the school, only because I have a strong memory (not tryna brag). But I used this mindset in the first year of college and it bit me in the as*.
Original post by laurawatt
Good luck! This is really motivational and I look forward to your updates :biggrin:

Aw thank you Laura, I'm glad you enjoy my posts, I wanna post more now, watch this thread so you can get notified every time I post. Also by the end of this week, I'm gonna do a massive section on how I revise English! :smile:
lots of love faith xx
Original post by Nuttyy
I got 6th best in the school, only because I have a strong memory (not tryna brag). But I used this mindset in the first year of college and it bit me in the as*.

Noo brag all you want, I wish I had a great memory. Congrats as well that's really good and a great achievement and yeah but at least now you know:tongue:
Aw thank you Laura, I'm glad you enjoy my posts, I wanna post more now, watch this thread so you can get notified every time I post. Also by the end of this week, I'm gonna do a massive section on how I revise English! :smile:
lots of love faith xx

That's great and I've already signed up to watch your thread :colondollar:
Yay! I really want to post more on my GYG but I always seem to only update on a Wednesday :smile:
I'm doing a Christmas carol too but I've only just started as I'm in year 10, it drains the life out of me tbh. I struggle with the timings too in English. They expect us to write 3 SQUID paragraphs in 12 minutes and I can barely manage 1! I look forward to it :biggrin:
Original post by laurawatt
That's great and I've already signed up to watch your thread :colondollar:
Yay! I really want to post more on my GYG but I always seem to only update on a Wednesday :smile:
I'm doing a Christmas carol too but I've only just started as I'm in year 10, it drains the life out of me tbh. I struggle with the timings too in English. They expect us to write 3 SQUID paragraphs in 12 minutes and I can barely manage 1! I look forward to it :biggrin:

I'll check your GYG out and watch it to. It gets better trust me. Only advice I have for you is MAKE ALL YOUR PRETTY NOTES NOW! In Year 11, that's when you need to focus on acutally learning content and then practicing questions etc. I wish someone told me this lol.

Yeah same, I love English but my timings are horrendous, I'm gradually improving and I know you will too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending