The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Everything is done, now I wait.
just a question about edinburgh - is there accommodation near the vet school or is it a 40-minute journey every day?
Original post by goldenoak
just a question about edinburgh - is there accommodation near the vet school or is it a 40-minute journey every day?

From when I looked on the website, I thought it said you did that long commute each day... but it's been a while since I looked
Original post by goldenoak

I think there is private accomodation near the vet school but the student accommodation is roughly a 40 min bus journey everyday ye
Original post by eilidhhhh
I think there is private accomodation near the vet school but the student accommodation is roughly a 40 min bus journey everyday ye

thank you!
Anyone else rejected from Surrey? I was under the impression that applicants were only sent the questionnaire if they first met entry requirements... yet my letter states reason for rejection as 'entry requirements not met'. Hoping for some more detailed feedback.

:-(
Original post by domiash
Anyone else rejected from Surrey? I was under the impression that applicants were only sent the questionnaire if they first met entry requirements... yet my letter states reason for rejection as 'entry requirements not met'. Hoping for some more detailed feedback.

Sorry to hear that :frown:
Original post by domiash

I got the same thing! I’ve emailed and waiting for some feedback too! 😞
Original post by LuBabaChica
I got the same thing! I’ve emailed and waiting for some feedback too! 😞

Pretty frustrating... after the hours spent on their application process you'd hope for a little more feedback! I'm applying as a graduate too so not sure how I have 'not met entry requirements' :-(

Good luck with the rest of your options!
Original post by domiash
Pretty frustrating... after the hours spent on their application process you'd hope for a little more feedback! I'm applying as a graduate too so not sure how I have 'not met entry requirements' :-(

Good luck with the rest of your options!

I’m applying as a graduate too! I was really frustrated when I found out too... feels like all the time applying was a waste 😣
I’m applying as a graduate too! I was really frustrated when I found out too... feels like all the time applying was a waste 😣

Definitely... so much time and effort spent getting to this point just to be rejected with no specifics :-( Fingers crossed they get back to us with some more info. At the open day Surrey said they took 35% graduates too so I was feeling quietly hopeful about my chances.

x
Original post by domiash
Definitely... so much time and effort spent getting to this point just to be rejected with no specifics :-( Fingers crossed they get back to us with some more info. At the open day Surrey said they took 35% graduates too so I was feeling quietly hopeful about my chances.

x

It’s really disheartening isn’t it 😞
Yes, I bet that made you feel more hopeful.
Let’s just hope they’ll get back to us soon and explain why exactly we haven’t been successful. You’d think they’d take more graduates as we’ve had more experience (both in university and work placements) 😣
Where else have you applied to?
X
It’s really disheartening isn’t it 😞
Yes, I bet that made you feel more hopeful.
Let’s just hope they’ll get back to us soon and explain why exactly we haven’t been successful. You’d think they’d take more graduates as we’ve had more experience (both in university and work placements) 😣
Where else have you applied to?
X

I'm struggling to feel very optimistic now. I've applied to Nottingham and both the standard and grad entry at RVC. What about you?

I know, I always thought unis would favor graduates that have had so much more experience and are clearly dedicated to the profession if choosing to spend another 4/5yrs in education. I've taken a year out since graduating to work 3 jobs in order to finance the tuition fees and clock up more work experience. Having to wait another year to re-apply and do this all over again is not a nice thought right now :frown:
Original post by domiash
I'm struggling to feel very optimistic now. I've applied to Nottingham and both the standard and grad entry at RVC. What about you?

I know, I always thought unis would favor graduates that have had so much more experience and are clearly dedicated to the profession if choosing to spend another 4/5yrs in education. I've taken a year out since graduating to work 3 jobs in order to finance the tuition fees and clock up more work experience. Having to wait another year to re-apply and do this all over again is not a nice thought right now :frown:

Oh tell me about it! It’s such a struggle to stay positive sometimes 😞

Oh okay, similar to me then as I’ve applied to Nottingham, RVC and Liverpool.

Exactly! 100% more dedicated! It doesn’t make sense at all 😞

Let’s just try and stay positive. We have 3 more chances and all we need is one to accept us.

Let me know if you have any feedback or any more responses ☺️ x

Original post by domiash

I'm a grad too, but they're still considering me. Did you guys upload your work experience references and your transcripts to the portal? I've been told that they're not really looking at A-level grades so they either didn't like your degrees or you didn't have the right work experience.
What are you studying?
Original post by Nessie162
I'm a grad too, but they're still considering me. Did you guys upload your work experience references and your transcripts to the portal? I've been told that they're not really looking at A-level grades so they either didn't like your degrees or you didn't have the right work experience.
What are you studying?

I have a first class Bioveterinary Science degree, completed all my work experience references and have 15weeks+ work experience. So I'm feeling really disappointed and frustrated that I have no more info on why I have been rejected :frown:

Congrats on still being in the running for a place!
Does anyone know when Liverpool will be making decisions about who to interview?
Original post by domiash
I have a first class Bioveterinary Science degree, completed all my work experience references and have 15weeks+ work experience. So I'm feeling really disappointed and frustrated that I have no more info on why I have been rejected :frown:

Congrats on still being in the running for a place!

Yeah that makes no sense at all
I’m in my third year of animal management so they’re more likely to dislike my degree as there’s not as much science involved. As for my work experience, I’ve done everything they asked for... horses, farm, dogs, cats, veterinary practice etc... about 500+ hours
Original post by kitkat1234567
Does anyone know when Liverpool will be making decisions about who to interview?

I have no idea... I haven’t heard anything at all from Liverpool
Original post by Nessie162
What are you studying?

It seems really bizarre... I didn’t upload my work experience references as I was waiting for my last one so was going to upload them today, but I got told I was unsuccessful yesterday late afternoon...

What are you studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending