The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do women complain about the sexualisation of boobs but then buy push up bras?

Scroll to see replies

Either way you'll see a pair of titties and you'll stare at them so WHO GIVES A SHITE?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Not like they'll observe you though. :h:

They do sometimes. I've been sexualised here and there.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
They do sometimes. I've been sexualised here and there.

In your dreams lol. It'll never happen in actuality.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
In your dreams lol. It'll never happen in actuality.

Wait I thought sexualisation was a bad thing?
Original post by Student-95
Different women.... The ones complaining are not the ones wearing push up bras and low cut tops. The ones that do, don't complain about it.

Nah the thing is, they are often the same women. So many girls at my uni describe themselves as feminists and go on about all this stuff (tweets, articles etc). But they're the same girls that contour their boobs and wear low cut tops on nights out. Then they start complaining about pervy guys looking down their tops.

Nothing wrong with getting them out and owning your body but it's just when they complain that they're being sexualised when their entire outfit is based around sexualising their tits.

They say it's unfair that men get take their tops off, but they'd all be secretly disappointed if some freak storm hypnotised all men to stop seeing boobs as attractive.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Wait I thought sexualisation was a bad thing?

Well you clearly think it's a good thing. :colonhash:
Women may sometimes wear low cut tops in order to feel self-confident and attractive however the constant sexualisation can often be irritating and unnecessary
Original post by Anonymous
I don't get why women have a problem with men being attracted to breasts? They keep going on about how breasts are functional and for breast feeding and that they're basically the same as a man's chest. But then when they go out, they do their best to get their cleavage showing and then complain that they're being sexualised. Surely women like having this additional attractive feature? I think it's great that a man's moobs aren't anything to write home about but a woman's boobs are another thing they can play up to add to their sexual appeal?

This thread shouldn't even be on TSR. Who are you to say that it's women's fault that we are sexualised. Just because they are out doesn't mean that men should touch them. If a woman wants to dress provocatively, then let her! If my pussy was out for the whole world to see, you still shouldn't flipping touch it. What the f*** kind of question is this. Men should learn how to control themselves, they're not flipping animals.
Original post by Trinculo
That's because your opinion doesn't make sense.

Some women complain about sexualisation of breasts.

Some women buy wonderbras.

There's nothing to say that they're the same women.

Exactly! Can you really hold it against a group that literally contains half of humanity, that some of their members say one thing and some of them do another?
Original post by Reviser101
This thread shouldn't even be on TSR. Who are you to say that it's women's fault that we are sexualised. Just because they are out doesn't mean that men should touch them. If a woman wants to dress provocatively, then let her! If my pussy was out for the whole world to see, you still shouldn't flipping touch it. What the f*** kind of question is this. Men should learn how to control themselves, they're not flipping animals.

Ngl - I think your opinion here is even more divisive and entirely lacks any comprehension of what's being asked. You're adding 2 + 2 and coming up with sexual assault.
Reply 50
Original post by DrawTheLine
It is some men and the media that have sexualised them into being offensive if too much is shown.

Breasts have been sexualised since Man exists. It's not an invention of "some men in the media".
Reply 51
Original post by Reviser101

You saw boobs in the title, thought it would be about sexual assault and posted your Tumblr rant? #triggered

Try to read the thread next time.
Is it any wonder that birth rates across the white section of the western world are falling faster than Diane Abbotts credibility rating . ?

Men can't look ...men can't touch ...they can't think and God help them if they ever pass comment .

Sex will become illegal soon ....Women will one day rule the world ...just ask Theresa May and Angela Merkel .

Johnny English .
Original post by edd522
Breasts have been sexualised since Man exists. It's not an invention of "some men in the media".

I didn't say men in the media, I said men and the media. Therefore I recognise that they have been sexualised before media.
Original post by DrawTheLine
You've missed the point. In adverts and in media, a man can have his bare chest out without covering his nipples. However, if a woman goes out on social media with her nipples out, it's "offensive" and "nudity" and it gets removed from the site. It's just so wrong. Breasts are for feeding babies and producing milk. It is some men and the media that have sexualised them into being offensive if too much is shown.

Yes, it is nice for people to think you have nice breasts. But the main issue is around nipples. A man can have his non-functional nipples out but a woman can't have her very functional ones out because it's "offensive", yet they are the things that support life.

The issue in my opinion isn't about the boob but the nipple.

Breast are great as long as they are for male entertainment, but if males are excluded from them, e.g. breast feeding, it's disgusting. That is what is going on.
Original post by Trinculo
That's because your opinion doesn't make sense.

Some women complain about sexualisation of breasts.

Some women buy wonderbras.

There's nothing to say that they're the same women.

Although there is some logic to your thinking I think its not always the case that its not the same women. I bet in a lot of cases it is the same women but the only differentiating factor is that the woman does not find the guy staring at her breasts attractive. Women who tend to dress up sexy only want attention from high value high social status attractive males. The complaint comes when they get attention from lower value lower social status unattractive men.
So women don't really mean what they say? sounds about right
Reply 57
Original post by Nomisogynists
I don’t buy bras for my boobs to be sexualised, I buys them to make them look good for me so I can feel more comfortable and confident in the way I look. NOT for boys to be looking at them or sexualising them in anyway, because when they do start doing that, it makes me feel insecure and want to hide them.

Mildly contradictory

Latest

Trending

Trending