The Student Room Group

Relevant work experience for Uni:

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in Sixth Form and my school have mentioned that we will be discussing placements for work experience soon in order to put on our UCAS personal statements.
I hope to study joint honours English Literature and Russian, and was trying to think of any sort of work that I could obtain in this? For languages I am finding it extremely difficult, but I can speak French, so I was wondering if perhaps being a language assistant for French in for example a primary school or secondary school might be an idea? If not, I was also thinking about the British Library in London, which I know is offered though quite difficult (it would definitely satisfy the geek in me).

Any advice is greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by sugarplumfairy_
Hello everyone,

I'm currently in Sixth Form and my school have mentioned that we will be discussing placements for work experience soon in order to put on our UCAS personal statements.
I hope to study joint honours English Literature and Russian, and was trying to think of any sort of work that I could obtain in this? For languages I am finding it extremely difficult, but I can speak French, so I was wondering if perhaps being a language assistant for French in for example a primary school or secondary school might be an idea? If not, I was also thinking about the British Library in London, which I know is offered though quite difficult (it would definitely satisfy the geek in me).

Any advice is greatly appreciated :smile:

Some related to literature would be good, like a library, bookshop or publishers. If you have career ideas, you could also look for work experience relevant to them.
Original post by cheesecakelove
Some related to literature would be good, like a library, bookshop or publishers. If you have career ideas, you could also look for work experience relevant to them.

Ah, publishing, of course! Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending