The Student Room Group

I want to give up 😢

I am currently studying Chemistry, Biology and Psychology A Levels and I don’t know what to do. Not wanting to sound dramatic 🎀 but as every second goes by the more I detest these subjects and I don’t know why. When ever I have lessons I almost feel scared ❤️ It like I fear something but don’t know what, which is the worst part. All the passion I had for these subjects has withered away leaving me confused 💙 My feelings for these subjects have impacted me in my everyday life 💚 I’m constantly sad which is upsetting as normally I’m a happy person 💜 Please someone give me a happy potion 💛👸🏽😂 I feel like I’m at the edge of the cliff waiting to fall 💔 yet I’m holding on to something that is not even there 💝 Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I had taken a different route but this is my reality so there is no point living in a fantasy 🐣 I’m just going to hold on till I see the light because this is the harsh reality 💋
Is it still too late change your subjects around?
The beginning is always the hardest. Make sure you're organised, and allow yourself time to do things you enjoy. Losing hobbies will only make you more unhappy. I know how you feel, I'm doing Maths, History and English Lit and I am so behind on work. You'll pull through :smile:
Original post by that_guy874
Is it still too late change your subjects around?

Yeah most likely as I’ll be way behind 💛 oh well, all I could do is try my best and just think of this as another trial ❤️ Everyone has to go through a rough patch I guess 🎀
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sugarplumfairy_
The beginning is always the hardest. Make sure you're organised, and allow yourself time to do things you enjoy. Losing hobbies will only make you more unhappy. I know how you feel, I'm doing Maths, History and English Lit and I am so behind on work. You'll pull through :smile:

Thank you so much 💛 Don’t worry you’ll get through it, we have to in order to survive A Levels 🎀.
Original post by Magnolia0
I am currently studying Chemistry, Biology and Psychology A Levels and I don’t know what to do. Not wanting to sound dramatic 🎀 but as every second goes by the more I detest these subjects and I don’t know why. When ever I have lessons I almost feel scared ❤️ It like I fear something but don’t know what, which is the worst part. All the passion I had for these subjects has withered away leaving me confused 💙 My feelings for these subjects have impacted me in my everyday life 💚 I’m constantly sad which is upsetting as normally I’m a happy person 💜 Please someone give me a happy potion 💛👸🏽😂 I feel like I’m at the edge of the cliff waiting to fall 💔 yet I’m holding on to something that is not even there 💝 Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I had taken a different route but this is my reality so there is no point living in a fantasy 🐣 I’m just going to hold on till I see the light because this is the harsh reality 💋

You shouldn't give up just because you've had one fall. Life is made of chapters. Now I don't know what's made you feel so sad about taking these subjects but don't feel like you have to give up just because you are sad at this point in time. You can do it and the first thing you have to do is believe in yourself. Don't wallow in self- doubt. Like I said in life we have many chapters. Think of this as your chapter blue (to me blue symbolises sadness). In life you have to experience your chapter blue (sadness) your chapter Red (anger) and your chapter yellow (happiness) in order to reach to the end of your goal. plus these are the 3 basic primary colours so you have to have all three to make different colours like purple or green, etc. Similarly in life one has to experience all three emotions to achieve what they want. Just because you're at your chapter blue it doesn't mean that your chapter yellow won't come. With time you will feel better. I don't really know if this makes sense but what I mean is believe in yourself and talk to someone you trust. Evaluate all your options. But most importantly have Self-confidence and have trust in yourself that you will make the right desision. GOOD LUCK! :wink::h:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Faeeza.Ifti
You shouldn't give up just because you've had one fall. Life is made of chapters. Now I don't know what's made you feel so sad about taking these subjects but don't feel like you have to give up just because you are sad at this point in time. You can do it and the first thing you have to do is believe in yourself. Don't wallow in self- doubt. Like I said in life we have many chapters. Think of this as your chapter blue (to me blue symbolises sadness). In life you have to experience your chapter blue (sadness) your chapter Red (anger) and your chapter yellow (happiness) in order to reach to the end of your goal. plus these are the primary colours so you have to have all three to make different colours like purple or green, etc. Similarly in life one has to experience all three emotions to achieve what they want. Just because you're at your chapter blue it doesn't mean that your chapter yellow won't come. With time you will feel better. I don't really know if this makes sense but what I mean is believe in yourself and talk to someone you trust. Evaluate all your options. But most importantly have Self-confidence and have trust in yourself that you will make the right desision. GOOD LUCK! :wink::h:

Thank you so much 💕 this is really beautiful 💋 it really touched my heart and I guess your right there is no point in self doubt we only live once anyway 🎀
Thank you so much 💕 this is really beautiful 💋 it really touched my heart and I guess your right there is no point in self doubt we only live once anyway 🎀

No problem and Happy to help! lol Thankyou! :awesome::banana:
Reply 8
Don't give up!! I'm doing the same subjects as you and ik it's so stressing but I feel like you are capable of doing them, you just need a little bit of self-confidence. Instead of stresing ,use that time to be organized and revise, it's all worth it at the end❤ Good luck
Original post by yayayas
Don't give up!! I'm doing the same subjects as you and ik it's so stressing but I feel like you are capable of doing them, you just need a little bit of self-confidence. Instead of stresing ,use that time to be organized and revise, it's all worth it at the end❤ Good luck

💛👸🏽 I guess were in the same boat 🎀💝
Reply 10
Yeah most likely as I’ll be way behind 💛 oh well, all I could do is try my best and just think of this as another trial ❤️ Everyone has to go through a rough patch I guess 🎀

I would see if you can ditch one of the A levels like say psychology and replace it with BTEC L3 Applied Science Sub Dipolma.
Yes you would need to catch up on the Course Work for sure at first and you would still have to work hard at it but the other two A levels would give you the academia to perform very well in the BTEC Course. By submitting Course Work as you go it would give you certainty of results and a BTEC D* = 56 UCAS points taking some stress away from an "all on the day" exam situation in 2 yrs time. You would just need to focus then on the two A level exams.
If you don't enjoy something you are less likely to do well at it, last thing you want is to spend two years struggling and then turn in a mediocre exam result.
If your end goal is to study a specific degree at Uni there are multiple routes to get there - the above suggestion is a more balanced way of doing it imo

If you can't switch, then you can only do the best you can with the subjects you have chosen and I really wish you well and good luck
Reply 11

Don't worry, I feel the same right now. I feel like completely dropping out but I know as time passes, you'll get used it and you'll be fine. :smile:
This thread is super colourful.

Omgosh it's so pretty and colourful 😍😍
Original post by Emerald777O
This thread is super colourful.

OMD I just said that 😂😂
Original post by Salt Queen
OMD I just said that 😂😂

Like it just made me smile for some reason 😂 So colourful and cute
Original post by Emerald777O
Like it just made me smile for some reason 😂 So colourful and cute

There's even a little egg emoji lol
Sorry OP 🙊 you'll get through it

Quick Reply