The Student Room Group

Do you ever feel like nobody listens to you?

You listen but they don't wanna listen back. Your words mean nothing to them. You're just... there

EDIT: oops I really don't remember putting this in the gcse forum 😂😂
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don’t know who you are or where you’re from or what kind of person you really are but honey, if you realise someone doesn’t give a **** about you, it is time to take a step back. I know it can be hard because of what that person means to you but in the end you come first. Your wellbeing comes first. If someone can’t reciprocate, you’re not at fault. The world is filled with high class A-holes. Hang in there and have faith.
Hope whatever you’re going through gets resolved! X
nah I don't waste time with those people lol
Original post by IsaacMewton
I don’t know who you are or where you’re from or what kind of person you really are but honey, if you realise someone doesn’t give a **** about you, it is time to take a step back. I know it can be hard because of what that person means to you but in the end you come first. Your wellbeing comes first. If someone can’t reciprocate, you’re not at fault. The world is filled with high class A-holes. Hang in there and have faith.

Original post by ChickenMadness
nah I don't waste time with those people lol

I mean like someone who's really interested in you and wouldn't interrupt you in any kind of way. Like looks at you like they wanna listen. Sometimes I feel the need to talk fast so they don't cut me off.
Original post by IsaacMewton

Rlly sweet btw thanksss sis x
Original post by Emerald777O
I mean like someone who's really interested in you and wouldn't interrupt you in any kind of way. Like looks at you like they wanna listen. Sometimes I feel the need to talk fast so they don't cut me off.

prob just your self esteem issues then lol.

just say what you want and don't care about anything. It'l help if you stop caring what anyone thinks. don't even matter if they're not listening lol.
(edited 6 years ago)
You listen but they don't wanna listen back. Your words mean nothing to them. You're just... there

EDIT: oops I really don't remember putting this in the gcse forum 😂😂

Yeah. Those people are called egotistical ********s that usually chat about shallow crap anyway.
Yes - on CS:GO, all the time.
Can someone close down this thread down pls thanks
My whole life story has been me listening to everyones elses problems but then having to repeat my own problems/story a million times because they selfishly didn't care enough to listen or remember what I told them about myself. Its so ****ing disheartening and actually angers me at times. I mean I like to think I'm a really good listener. Everytime someone comes to me with their problems I always listen, take in everything they are saying and then offer good advice... and I think that is why they always come to me everytime they need to talk. But in return when I try telling them my problems or just asking for a little advice or even just a chat I can tell they are not listening, I see them looking elsewhere and several damn times they just cut me off to start talking about something else. Its SOOOO damn rude. I just gave up! I'm so done with people, DONE!!!
Can someone close down this thread down pls thanks

Just report your thread to be moved.
Original post by MyFightSong
My whole life story has been me listening to everyones elses problems but then having to repeat my own problems/story a million times because they selfishly didn't care enough to listen or remember what I told them about myself. Its so ****ing disheartening and actually angers me at times. I mean I like to think I'm a really good listener. Everytime someone comes to me with their problems I always listen, take in everything they are saying and then offer good advice... and I think that is why they always come to me everytime they need to talk. But in return when I try telling them my problems or just asking for a little advice or even just a chat I can tell they are not listening, I see them looking elsewhere and several damn times they just cut me off to start talking about something else. Its SOOOO damn rude. I just gave up! I'm so done with people, DONE!!!

I have never related to anything more in my life.

I literally thought I was the only one on the planet, at least somebody understands my pain now :cry2: :hugs:
I literally thought I was the only one on the planet, at least somebody understands my pain now :cry2: :hugs:

Haha me too! :hugs:You sound like me when you said that like holy crap. It's just so rude because I'd never do that to them like this is why I take stuff so personal..
Haha me too! :hugs:You sound like me when you said that like holy crap. It's just so rude because I'd never do that to them like this is why I take stuff so personal..

plus they are friends too. friends are supposed to be there for each other but my friends turn away or change the subject even if i just spent a whole 2 hours listening to them talk about themselves

as much as I hated Carrie from satc, the only time I related with her was during this scene
[video]https://youtu.be/js0gfIfWpVo?t=1m7s[/video]

which is ironic because carrie is usually the selfish one who makes everything about her haha
plus they are friends too. friends are supposed to be there for each other but my friends turn away or change the subject even if i just spent a whole 2 hours listening to them talk about themselves

as much as I hated Carrie from satc, the only time I related with her was during this scene
[video]https://youtu.be/js0gfIfWpVo?t=1m7s[/video]

which is ironic because carrie is usually the selfish one who makes everything about her haha

Exactly!!!! You know when you said that you are a good listener so am I but the main reason why people say that is because we never get a chance to talk. It's not even always about your problems but good things or just normal things. Like LOOK at me and give me attention when I'm talking. Listening to someone can just boost their confidence and it's no wonder why I lack confidence .

Such a great scene and do you see after she expressed her feelings then she actually listens to her? Wow

Em, being awake at this kinda hour makes you think deep
Me no can sleep
Exactly!!!! You know when you said that you are a good listener so am I but the main reason why people say that is because we never get a chance to talk. It's not even always about your problems but good things or just normal things. Like LOOK at me and give me attention when I'm talking. Listening to someone can just boost their confidence and it's no wonder why I lack confidence .

Such a great scene and do you see after she expressed her feelings then she actually listens to her? Wow

haha yeah so true, we're great listeners because we are the only ones willing to listen to them whining forever. and then when we try talking they don't hear us so of course we must be great listeners to them!

yeah the only time people ever listen to me is either when i have a go at them or just ignore them for a while. then all of a sudden they have to force themselves to listen. which is just sad.
Original post by Salt Queen

Me no can sleep

I think this deep all the time. Lol you don't know !!

Quick Reply

Latest