The Student Room Group

HKU and HKUST A Level Requirements for Bachelor of Science

Aaaaa
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you will be fine with your grades. I know for my year, the entry requirement for HKU sciences is AAA and it should be the same for the this year as well.
Reply 2
Original post by sarcasticsloth
Hi! Thank you so much for replying. Do you think HKU will like my A Level combinations for the sciences, despite the grades?

Also, are you a student in HKU? If you are, I'd be really happy if you could tell me how student life is there and how the science courses are to international students. Thanks again :biggrin:

I think your combination is fine. AAA is enough. Think you will be fine as long as you get As in Chemistry and Biology.

I am not studying in HK because my GCSEs were too bad for medicine. And I never want to go back :wink: BTW where are you from?
I know people who are on exchange at HKU and they like the uni a lot.
Reply 3
I'm Indian, but I've been raised in Thailand my whole life. What about you? Are you from Hong Kong since you don't want to go back haha? Where are you studying, if I may ask? *Sorry for so many questions :'D*

I'm relieved to hear that people on exchange like HKU. Hopefully, I get in - fingers crossed. Are the people you know doing science in HKU? What constitutes as 'good' GCSE scores?

Thank you for replying, there aren't so many threads about science applicants for HKU so sorry again for the barrage of questions :smile:

I come from HK :smile: and I am studying in Malaysia now, will be transferring to one uni in the UK next year.
I know people who are doing sciences at HKU but they did not take GCSE or A level. They did the local exams instead.
Reply 4
Thank you so much for your help :smile: I hope you have a great experience studying in UK next year :biggrin:

If you have any additional advice for me, I would be so thankful! If not, it's okay, since you've been the only one who actually replied to my question as of now (and with much appreciated tips) hahaha

I would say the living cost in HK is crazily high and the uni accommodation is really small. Most unis only provide twin room for undergrad students.
Reply 5
Oh :frown: That sounds like something to get used to.

By the way, I'm curious; Is there a large international community in the undergraduate Faculty of Science in HKU? I know in general that HKU has many international students,but I was wondering whether it differs by a lot in different faculties?

I am not sure about this. I know many are studying business instead.
Reply 6
Oh, I see. Also, can people use social media networks like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat ,etc. in Hong Kong without a VPN? Or is it just mainland China? I get contradicting answers online with some saying it's restricted while others say that social media can be used without VPN.

You can use all social media websites in HK without VPN so don't worry. You need VPN only when you go to the mainland China.
Hey guys made a forum for Hong Kong life sciences applicants! We can share our stuff there :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5105830&p=75160832#post75160832

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending