The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Caught with noss and weed in dorm

What will happen?

Scroll to see replies

You'll likely have a disciplinary meeting, possibly fined, and worst case evicted.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Dorm? Are you in America?
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
Dorm? Are you in America?

No, England, just everyone in my flat calls it a dorm so picked up haha
Reply 4
Oh no. I changed one of my UCAS application choices from Durham to Bristol recently, because the comp sci and maths course looked better there. Maybe I should regret it, as I've heard there's a lot of drugs in Bristol.
Reply 5
Original post by Kaiylar
Oh no. I changed one of my UCAS application choices from Durham to Bristol recently, because the comp sci and maths course looked better there. Maybe I should regret it, as I've heard there's a lot of drugs in Bristol.

There are a lot of drugs anywhere there is students, changing your UCAS choice won't help with that :tongue:

Original post by LolHelppp
What will happen?

I imagine you will be invited to a disciplinary meeting with your tutor/high up people and told off. You might be asked to move out of halls but if it's a first offence and it was for personal use rather than dealing I doubt they would do anything too major. If you had more than a reasonable amount for your own consumption and they suspected you of dealing that would be another matter.
Reply 6
Original post by Kaiylar

yes the amount of drugs is ridiculous. everyone is doing them, everyone just wants to get drunk, do drugs and party. No one goes to their lectures. Uni is pointless if people treat it like a crack den. I wasn't caught with anything but we had a drug search and they found it in the lounge. So I want to know what's going to happen.
Reply 7
Original post by Etoile
There are a lot of drugs anywhere there is students, changing your UCAS choice won't help with that :tongue:

I imagine you will be invited to a disciplinary meeting with your tutor/high up people and told off. You might be asked to move out of halls but if it's a first offence and it was for personal use rather than dealing I doubt they would do anything too major. If you had more than a reasonable amount for your own consumption and they suspected you of dealing that would be another matter.

this is the second time with weed, from my room :/ I already had a disciplinary meeting and they let me off?
Reply 8
this is the second time with weed, from my room :/ I already had a disciplinary meeting and they let me off?

Well did they say anything last time about what would happen if they caught you again? That would make it more likely that you would get into trouble/be asked to leave since they already gave you a second chance and you clearly blew it.
They should expel you, cancel your degree and maintenance loans, and lock you up!
I read this as 'caught with nose in weed in dorm'
Reply 11
Original post by Rigmarole
I read this as 'caught with nose in weed in dorm'

oh my gosh hahahahaha
Reply 12
Original post by Salt Queen
They should expel you, cancel your degree and maintenance loans, and lock you up!

Hopefully they will girl
Hopefully they will girl

😒.
Hopefully they will evict you
Original post by Etoile
stuff about my UCAS choices.

Are you sure about that? It sounds like Bristol is littered with drugs, compared to other universities like Durham.
(edited 6 years ago)

I don't actually mean this 😂😂 I don't even know what noss is
Reply 17
Original post by Kaiylar
Are you sure about that? It sounds like Bristol is littered with drugs, compared to other universities like Durham.

I'm pretty sure all universities are littered with drugs! If Bristol seems more druggy it's probably only because it's a bigger city. It's not exactly difficult to come by weed or noz anywhere in the country. Caterers use noz in whipped cream machines.

I don't actually mean this 😂😂 I don't even know what noss is

Nitrous oxide (basically laughing gas)
(edited 6 years ago)

Sorry, but you don't seem to be very good at learning.
What will happen?

If its Bristol , then the next step is attendance on a drug awareness course at your expense £55. If you do it again after then it gets more serious. A lot will depend upon the warden and how annoyed they will be with you.

Then they can escalate it further into a formal hearing with bigger fines and exclusion and if its persistent then they can escalate it to uni level where they can throw you out. All terribly exciting and edgy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending