The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language Nov 2017 resit (9-1)

Is anyone doing the AQA GCSE English Language resit in 2 weeks time? How are you guys revising?

Scroll to see replies

im doing my mocks xD in 2 weeks time, good luck!
Original post by GcseStudent9
im doing my mocks xD in 2 weeks time, good luck!

Thanks!!! Good luck to you too!!!! :smile:
How are you doing, whats your predicted grades?
How are you doing, whats your predicted grades?

Hi,

I am very well thanks apart from the fact that I have my resit in 2 weeks lol. I was predicted an 8 but slipped in my GCSE and got a 4.:colondollar:

What about you?
Me? my latest results on english lang was 4, im working on it :biggrin: Can you PM me?
Me? my latest results on english lang was 4, im working on it :biggrin: Can you PM me?

Yeah sure! :smile:
Me. I am on my fourth attempt at English gcse. This is my first time doing the new spec. I am pretty nervous to say the least 😂. I got a d in the last three times just hoping for an c
Original post by Greenapplepear
Is anyone doing the AQA GCSE English Language resit in 2 weeks time? How are you guys revising?
Omds it's tomorrow but I don't even know how to revise for it. I was predicted to get at least a 7 but got a 5
Original post by magicbeans1212
Omds it's tomorrow but I don't even know how to revise for it. I was predicted to get at least a 7 but got a 5

Good luck man.I was predicted a 6 got an 8 and still resitting 😂 jokes aside I only found out yesterday tht the exam was today because my college didnt print me a timetable..anyways hope you get atleast ab7
Original post by MarkDeathRider
Good luck man.I was predicted a 6 got an 8 and still resitting 😂 jokes aside I only found out yesterday tht the exam was today because my college didnt print me a timetable..anyways hope you get atleast ab7

How did you find the exam? Your college is a joke. I'd be livid if I was told one day before
Idk what to say.since I only had 1 day to prepare for the exam I had to skip my external religious studies.Only had time to practice section A.I think I should have hopefully atleast 33 marks from that .As for section B..well lets just say.since I hadn't done any extended writing for 4 months I was rusty and didn't do so much.I feel bad for people who prefer description tho as it was 2 stories.i prefer stories but id probs get 14 marks for technical accuracy and 18 marks for content.So hopefully I secured a total of 63 marks. (I got 61 on paper 1 in June) although now that I think about it I thought this went worse than my June one.rip.On a side note ,yes I did get a 9 in paper 1 in summer but I got an 8 in paper 2 (8 overall) and it's my choice to resit.I need to prove to the teacher who predicted me a 6 that it is indeed possible to get the too grade in the country even if u got D's at start of year 11.So.any1 else resitting maths in hopes of going from an 8 to a 9?
It was absolutely dreadful ! No linguistic devices at all
It was about Alice and her experience of digging
I saw repetition
Original post by monelbailey

Ikr I thought I was the only one losing brain cells over how simple it was.The only stuff I was able to pick up was pastoral and colour imagery aswell as enjabment
Original post by MarkDeathRider
Ikr I thought I was the only one losing brain cells over how simple it was.The only stuff I was able to pick up was pastoral and colour imagery aswell as enjabment

Well good luck to you and your grade 9 . I will be lucky to get a 4 in the way this is heading out to be for me. All I can say is that my story was good
The truth is that I had to waffle my self through out the exam
Mr bruffs advice flew out of my head
Original post by monelbailey

I know I hated question 2 because I couldn't find anything apart from personification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending