The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
Wash them with a pre-soak and see how they come out but they might be only good for scraps.

I used to know someone who struggled with keeping their sheets clean - one thing they would do was to put 3 or 4 bottom sheets on their bed - then they could just take off one and the sheet underneath would be cleaner (it's not a perfect solution but it is better than nothing if you're struggling). That and wearing pyjamas would help stop things getting quite this bad in future.

Lmao @pre soak

More like bleach 🙈❤
Original post by Salt Queen
Lmao @pre soak

More like bleach 🙈❤

Sometimes dirt like this comes out - it's skin and sweat so it's one of the things that normal washing products work well to break down.

Bleach is for after trying with normal detergent - because it wont necessarily break down the dirt
Mini pls!! 😂😂😂😂😷

hahha thank you, thank you *bows down* im the queen of sarcasm and being super funny. haha
Original post by PQ
Sometimes dirt like this comes out - it's skin and sweat so it's one of the things that normal washing products work well to break down.

Bleach is for after trying with normal detergent - because it wont necessarily break down the dirt

He/she can and should use both detergent and bleach
He/she can and should use both detergent and bleach

Bleach doesn't clean or cut through grease - it disinfects and it bleaches colour. You use bleach AFTER removing grease, sweat and skin with a biological detergent (preferably left to soak in warm water to give it time to penetrate and break up the dirt). ANd it's not great to use bleach on artificial fibres....it'll make them go grey or yellow not white
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Paracosm
This is really quite bad. Bin them. They're not going to be salvageable.

I'm sorry to hear you have been going through a difficult time. Have you considered seeking professional help or support? You can always speak to your GP, or if you don't feel comfortable with that you could try speaking with the Samaritans or potentially Nightline.

Please ensure you change your sheets at least every two weeks and consider airing out, scrubbing and/or treating your mattress also. Make sure you're using a mattress protector as well as sheets. Please try your best not to forget as it is important not just for the sake of personal hygiene but for the benefit of your physical and mental health.

Thanks for the advice! :smile:

I've had professional help before, but it's not so much having issues that need to be spoken about. A lot of people in my family have become ill, hospitalised or died in the last year, there's been problems with work and finances and I've not been getting much sleep and stressing a lot - there's usually a few things that require more than 10 minutes that end up getting forgotten about, like eating, sleeping and changing the bed in this instance.
Reply 26
Original post by PQ

I'm trying detergent first but if that doesn't work i'll probably just buy some more, I've spent time before trying to bleach stuff, trying to get a stain out of my memory foam topper with vanish after I left a wet towel on the bed, and its too much hassle than just getting more.
If you bought some grey sheets you probably wouldn't feel so alarmed by the colour.
Original post by Mini_1999
hahha thank you, thank you *bows down* im the queen of sarcasm and being super funny. haha

Let's run a kingdom together 👸

Original post by PQ
Bleach doesn't clean or cut through grease - it disinfects and it bleaches colour. You use bleach AFTER removing grease, sweat and skin with a biological detergent (preferably left to soak in warm water to give it time to penetrate and break up the dirt). ANd it's not great to use bleach on artificial fibres....it'll make them go grey or yellow not white

Original post by Clez
I'm trying detergent first but if that doesn't work i'll probably just buy some more, I've spent time before trying to bleach stuff, trying to get a stain out of my memory foam topper with vanish after I left a wet towel on the bed, and its too much hassle than just getting more.

Geez is it that bad???.... Bleach normally worked when I cleaned my little sister's poo stains

Kill it with fire then
Original post by Clez

Yeah - I wouldn't worry about bleaching them. If a presoak with some bio and warm water followed by a normal wash doesn't clean them then you're not likely to get anywhere with bleach tbh.

Think about layering your bottom sheets - if you've got the motivation/energy to deal with things right now it gives you an option to make your bed cleaner (not as good as clean sheets) with minimal effort.
Let's run a kingdom together 👸

Geez is it that bad???.... Bleach normally worked when I cleaned my little sister's poo stains

Kill it with fire then

yesss lets run this kingdom
Reply 31

That looks even more awful than my sheets.
Original post by Clez
That looks even more awful than my sheets.

I didn't even design it but nothing looks more awful than your sheets hunni
Reply 33
I didn't even design it but nothing looks more awful than your sheets hunni

I meant the tour not the poster. The poster is well designed, in that it succeeds in depressing me further.

In all seriousness though, you shouldn't leave spam on other user's threads - it's a form of trolling which is disruptive to the flow of the topic - there are other places to share things like that.

Unless of course Kanye and co are using this tour to establish a chain of launderettes at which inane songs about nothing have been found to quickly bring stains out of linen, and one of these branches is outside my apartment building - in which case great!
I'd say it's really bad. Did you get some sort of acne on your body?! Cus for me, if I forgot to change my sheet for awhile, those weird tiny bump starts coming up on my body.
Original post by Clez
I meant the tour not the poster. The poster is well designed, in that it succeeds in depressing me further.

In all seriousness though, you shouldn't leave spam on other user's threads - it's a form of trolling which is disruptive to the flow of the topic - there are other places to share things like that.

Unless of course Kanye and co are using this tour to establish a chain of launderettes at which inane songs about nothing have been found to quickly bring stains out of linen, and one of these branches is outside my apartment building - in which case great!

How am I spamming, I'm responding to someone who quoted me but all of my other comments are on topic and of the same nature as everyone else's. Finding it funny isn't spamming and you responding to what you call spamming plays against yourself really and it makes you a hypocrite lol and who knows maybe you can tweet JayZ and ask him to open a chain of launderettes. Anyway I don't even like the song it just relates to when she said "run this kingdom." ...I've even offers ways in which you can fix your bedding...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by PQ

We all need a PQ in our lives.
Reply 37
Original post by May-o2q
I'd say it's really bad. Did you get some sort of acne on your body?! Cus for me, if I forgot to change my sheet for awhile, those weird tiny bump starts coming up on my body.

I had some spots come up on my back yeah, and I've also had a lymph node infection which I also had about a year ago in my last flat which had a mold problem in the room from ventilation issues in an old building.

I thought it was odd as I shower every day, but then I remembered the bed, which is why I'm changing it now.

I don't know why but I just forget sometimes that it needs maintenance - I just think "oh it's just the bed, it looks fine to me" and then when I get home it's dark and I had no lights in the room before.
Original post by Fox Corner
We all need a PQ in our lives.

I'm a very efficient scrubber
Original post by Clez
I had some spots come up on my back yeah, and I've also had a lymph node infection which I also had about a year ago in my last flat which had a mold problem in the room from ventilation issues in an old building.

I thought it was odd as I shower every day, but then I remembered the bed, which is why I'm changing it now.

I don't know why but I just forget sometimes that it needs maintenance - I just think "oh it's just the bed, it looks fine to me" and then when I get home it's dark and I had no lights in the room before.

Maybe set reminder on your phone .. ?!
I guess one month should be the longest period to have the same sheet on... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending