The Student Room Group

College selection in UK

I am currently studying in 12th grade at the NESS wadia college of commerce in Pune which is alligned with the Maharashtra State Board(HSC), India. I am willing to pursue undergrad in economics in UK
I scored 9.4 CGPA(which translates to 87.4%) in my 10th grade. In my 11th grade,I Took commerce and scored 87.3%(overall) and secured the 3rd rank in my entire batch of 800 students. The scorecard read as follows-
1. Book keeping and accounts 94
2. Economics 93
3. Environmental science 96
4. Business studies 86
5. Mathematics 83
6. English 71
7. Computer science 93

Other academic achievements:
1. TOEFL 111
2. Made study papers for economics(reforms in the Indian banking industry since 1991), accountancy(working of a DeMat account) and business studies(working of consumer courts in india)

Co curricular
1. Founder of a MUN club in Pune which catered to over 300 students internationally and had a turnover of Rs. 4,50,000. Roles handled: head of hospitality, head of finance, head of corporate affairs
2. Worked at MUN world India as an interrn for over 6 months. My role was to make study guides for different committees and country portfolios.
3. Worked at writers club for 8 months as the head of marketing.
4. Been to over 15 MUN conferences since May 2015
5. Vice captain of school cricket team for 4 years
6. Played badminton for my junior college at regional level

Kindly suggest any other alternatives that I should consider for my Bachelors in economics
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Svij123
I am currently studying in 12th grade at the NESS wadia college of commerce in Pune which is alligned with the Maharashtra State Board(HSC), India. I am willing to pursue undergrad in economics in UK
I scored 9.4 CGPA(which translates to 87.4%) in my 10th grade. In my 11th grade,I Took commerce and scored 87.3%(overall) and secured the 3rd rank in my entire batch of 800 students. The scorecard read as follows-
1. Book keeping and accounts 94
2. Economics 93
3. Environmental science 96
4. Business studies 86
5. Mathematics 83
6. English 71
7. Computer science 93

Other academic achievements:
1. TOEFL 111
2. Made study papers for economics(reforms in the Indian banking industry since 1991), accountancy(working of a DeMat account) and business studies(working of consumer courts in india)

Co curricular
1. Founder of a MUN club in Pune which catered to over 300 students internationally and had a turnover of Rs. 4,50,000. Roles handled: head of hospitality, head of finance, head of corporate affairs
2. Worked at MUN world India as an interrn for over 6 months. My role was to make study guides for different committees and country portfolios.
3. Worked at writers club for 8 months as the head of marketing.
4. Been to over 15 MUN conferences since May 2015
5. Vice captain of school cricket team for 4 years
6. Played badminton for my junior college at regional level

Kindly suggest any other alternatives that I should consider for my Bachelors in economics

I don't understand what you're asking... what do you mean by alternatives?
Reply 2
Original post by Etoile
I don't understand what you're asking... what do you mean by alternatives?

I meant... colleges that I must apply to.
Reply 3
Original post by Svij123
I meant... colleges that I must apply to.

Well, here's the league table for economics. You can apply to up to 5 places but not both Oxford and Cambridge. You'd have to check the entry requirements of the universities you like the look of though because I'm not sure how your grades equate to UK qualifications.
Reply 4
Original post by Etoile
Well, here's the league table for economics. You can apply to up to 5 places but not both Oxford and Cambridge. You'd have to check the entry requirements of the universities you like the look of though because I'm not sure how your grades equate to UK qualifications.

HSC grades are considered parallely with A levels
A* 90%+
A 80 to 90
And so on
Reply 5
Original post by Svij123
HSC grades are considered parallely with A levels
A* 90%+
A 80 to 90
And so on

Surely not exactly equivalent to A levels though since no one takes 7 A levels! For UK students universities specify 3 A level grades. Anyway, my point was that *you* need to do the research, no one can do that for you. Obviously no one on the internet knows your preferences for modules you absolutely (don't) want to take, whether you'd rather be in a small town or big city, what part of the UK, etc etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending