The Student Room Group

What can I do with A-Level Biology?

Just to recap. I am doing Applied Science at College after failing A Levels last year (I have my reasons but that is for another day). I have thought about resitting A-Level Biology as an external candidate but am not sure what my options are after doing Applied Science and having just 1 A Level in Biology. What would courses would I be able to do at University with these?
Bump
I know someone who did exactly this and is doing biomedical science at a good uni 😊
Original post by xchloeann
I know someone who did exactly this and is doing biomedical science at a good uni 😊

Really? I had no Idea people actually would do this whilst doing applied science. What did they get in Biology?
Bump
Original post by Want_To_Achieve
Really? I had no Idea people actually would do this whilst doing applied science. What did they get in Biology?

I’m pretty sure they got an A or a B, he also looked at biological sciences :smile:
I’m pretty sure they got an A or a B, he also looked at biological sciences :smile:

oh nice to hear that. Hopefully I can get a similar grade to go to University.
oh nice to hear that. Hopefully I can get a similar grade to go to University.

I’m sure you will, just know that there’s lots of options out there especially biology related (I’m guessing that’s what you want to go into).
I’m sure you will, just know that there’s lots of options out there especially biology related (I’m guessing that’s what you want to go into).

Yeah that's where I want to go into. Just wanting to know if because I have only 1 A-Level, that my options are limited in terms of degrees in the Biology field? Also, would I be at an advantage over other Applied Science students since I have an A Level?
Yeah that's where I want to go into. Just wanting to know if because I have only 1 A-Level, that my options are limited in terms of degrees in the Biology field? Also, would I be at an advantage over other Applied Science students since I have an A Level?

Bump

You aren’t limited because I’m sure you can do a science degree with an applied science btec? I’m not sure because I do a levels but you haven’t just got one a level because you’re doing applied science as well which counts as 3? Do correct me if I’m wrong
You aren’t limited because I’m sure you can do a science degree with an applied science btec? I’m not sure because I do a levels but you haven’t just got one a level because you’re doing applied science as well which counts as 3? Do correct me if I’m wrong

Yeah you can do a science degree with Applied Science BTEC but some Universities like Newcastle,etc don't accept BTEC and have A Level requirements. Would I be able to apply to certain Universities (maybe not Newcastle) that don't accept BTEC with my 1 A Level plus my BTEC?
Yeah you can do a science degree with Applied Science BTEC but some Universities like Newcastle,etc don't accept BTEC and have A Level requirements. Would I be able to apply to certain Universities (maybe not Newcastle) that don't accept BTEC with my 1 A Level plus my BTEC?

Potentially, I think it’s something you should ask the university maybe email them?
Potentially, I think it’s something you should ask the university maybe email them?

Yeah definitely. I will email universities and ask about the entry requirements. Thank you.
Yeah definitely. I will email universities and ask about the entry requirements. Thank you.

Anytime :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest