The Student Room Group

willMissing a GCSE requirement for course matter

zs
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by toeojsjdfhjej
My predictions, statement, AS grades etc meet/exceed requirements for the course(AAB) but they require a B in English language, when i got a C. Will this mean my application is discarded or will it not matter, that much, also considering my ps is well written and i got a B in Literature which could be seen as an alternative?

if they state a specific gcse grade they wont normally be lenient, contact them before you apply so you know for sure.
Depends on the entry requirments.
Original post by badmathkid
Depends on the entry requirments.

Requirements is AAB, Plus B in Language and Maths at GCSE.
I meet A-level requirements with predictions and everything else is fine but I flopped language at GCSE and got a C so i dunno if my application would even be considered or whether it doesn't matter that much
Original post by toeojsjdfhjej
Requirements is AAB, Plus B in Language and Maths at GCSE.
I meet A-level requirements with predictions and everything else is fine but I flopped language at GCSE and got a C so i dunno if my application would even be considered or whether it doesn't matter that much

I'm almost certain that they will consider your application as there are so many people out there that do not do so great with English at GCSE but they end up doing the courses that they want at UNI. I don't think they'll criticise you for that. Best not to worry. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending