The Student Room Group

Terror attack in New York City: 8 people dead

Six people were reported killed when a man drove a pickup truck down a lengthy stretch of a bike path next to the Hudson River in Lower Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon before he jumped out with two fake guns and was shot by police officers, the authorities said.The attacker, in a Home Depot truck, hit numerous people as he drove south on the bike path, officials said. At least 11 people were reported injured.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/nyregion/police-shooting-lower-manhattan.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/31/new-york-shooting-several-people-reported-injured-lower-manhattan/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41825577
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It’s just a terrorist attack as per usual
Reply 2
Original post by paul514

There are reports that it was road rage
I hope there are no serious injuries or deaths... Casey Neistat often rides in the road on his boosted board, hope he isn't one of those injured.
just revolting. why would someone want to do that ?

:emo:
This is absolutely horrific, completely breaks my heart, I just can’t comprehend why someone would do this :/
7 people dead, 15+ injured, driver reported to have shouted Allahu Akbar
Reply 7
Original post by paul514

Original post by Trapz99
There are reports that it was road rage

FBI are apparently treating this as terrorism now.
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
News just in. Will post updates as they come through

Do you not have a life to get on with? You can just link a single article from a site, they update automatically...
Reply 9
Original post by alain22
Do you not have a life to get on with? You can just link a single article from a site, they update automatically...

That is what I have done. People can click on whatever source they want now. Don't want to post outdated news.
Reply 10
Original post by MartinF98

This isn't a topic to be joking about; stop being so idiotic and show some respect to the deceased
Awful news. I pray for a swift recovery to all affected.

Reported by who?

Guys need to start posting sources with this sort of thing. It's really annoying seeing people make these claims and then having to dig for it yourself. If you post it you should provide evidence.
Reply 13
Original post by Haider_A
This isn't a topic to be joking about; stop being so idiotic and show some respect to the deceased

Original post by Wilfred Little
Reported by who?

Guys need to start posting sources with this sort of thing. It's really annoying seeing people make these claims and then having to dig for it yourself. If you post it you should provide evidence.

It was mentioned on CNN from a "witness statement", the reporter read out what was said. Can't find an article about this so far though.
Original post by UWS
It was mentioned on CNN from a "witness statement", the reporter read out what was said. Can't find an article about this so far though.

Thanks mate.
Reported by who?

Nah can't be bothered
Nah can't be bothered

This is why we need negs.
Original post by Haider_A

I'm not joking, what are you on about? How am I not showing respect to the deceased?
This will be the main thread so I’ll be closing anything else and linking to here.

This is extremely worrying.

This is why we need negs.

When we get round to creating a rules/guidelines thread for the section, posting sources will most definitely be high up. As you would expect really from a News section.
Ridiculous, those poor people

Quick Reply