The Student Room Group

Sakura Blossom's journey to a better lifestyle

Hi guys,
This is where I will attempt to keep up with daily/weekly posts to galvanise me into building a better lifestyle & better academic grades.
I am currently in year 12.
You may ask, what did I get on my GCSEs??
Well, I will never tell you- that will remain a mystery to you....
Nah I'm kidding- here they are:

Spoiler

What I'm studying at As-Level:

Spoiler

What I like to do in my spare time:

Spoiler

Any Pets?

Spoiler

Pet Peeves/Hates:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

:banana:Today's update- :banana::

I need to admit now that I always have good intentions to start early and get Sh*t done but it pretty much never happens..
Proof of that, today it's nearly 8 PM and I haven't done anything else other than make my lunch for tomorrow :s-smilie:

What I did today:

In my frees today (I have a whole day of frees on a Tuesday) I FINALLY MANAGED TO UNDERSTAND HYPERTONIC, ISOTONIC AND HYPOTONIC SOLUTIONS!! I mean I should've learnt this at GCSE, but all I could memorise what happened to the cell in a specific solution and what happens to it due to just memorising what happens in a textbook- which meant I didn't (Until today) understand why this happens.:colondollar::biggrin:

I went through my spec for Biology (Which I never actually do but should..) and highlighted the key-points, phrases and wrote down the process for every Biological test and any other key information that I need.

I also completed some of my hwk on Osmosis, but my friend and I are still stumped over C1V1=C2V2... We understand we needed to arrange it, and got the correct answer for the first one, but couldn't get any of the other ones to work :s-smilie:... Another thing I skipped was some of the questions on water potential... I still don't understand it- all I know is that it is measured in negative values :/

What I am attempting to do tonight:

Read through and familiarise myself with Industrial joints for my Product Design Test on 2/11 -DONE

Start writing notes from my Biology Textbook (144-147) for the 2/11- DID SOME

Highlight my Biology learning grid and re-write it up in my note format for the 2/11-DID NOT DO

Start making a list of things I do not understand in Biology- DID NOT DO

Actually go to bed EARLY!!-TOTALLY DIDN'T DO -(Went to bed later than ever & missed my usual train :colonhash:)

Outstanding total Homeworks:

Biology:

(Miss L) Memorise Learning Grid for mini-test (1.8)- 2/11,
Notes (144-147)- 6/11,
Exam Questions & Mark them- 6/11

(Mr H) Osmosis exam questions- 6/11,
Notes of cell cycle- 6/11
Extended Questions Q 6- 6/11
Write down the process of how to do Root Tip Squash to calculate Mitotic Index.

(edited 6 years ago)
You do Chinese A level? I gave it up and eventually my Chinese became worse than when I did it for GCSE :frown: GCSE is only good enough for understanding the language, you just have to speak it all the time in order to be fluent.
Original post by shawn_o1
You do Chinese A level? I gave it up and eventually my Chinese became worse than when I did it for GCSE :frown: GCSE is only good enough for understanding the language, you just have to speak it all the time in order to be fluent.

I'm curious- are you Chinese/ half Chinese? :biggrin:
Thats true, but in my case, my mom (Who's Chinese) comes from an area in China called Chengdu in the Sichuan Province. I've been speaking Sichuanese (The local Dialect) my whole life, so when my mom enrolled me into Chinese school for learning Mandarin I hated it as it was nearly impossible for me to drop the Sichuanese way of speaking, as it's kinda like chalk & cheese!
It's almost like trying to get a person speaking w/ a Welsh accent to speak 'The Queen's English' in a short amount of time.
I mean I managed to get past that block, but I still sometimes slip up :colondollar:
Original post by Sakura Blossom
I'm curious- are you Chinese/ half Chinese? :biggrin:
Thats true, but in my case, my mom (Who's Chinese) comes from an area in China called Chengdu in the Sichuan Province. I've been speaking Sichuanese (The local Dialect) my whole life, so when my mom enrolled me into Chinese school for learning Mandarin I hated it as it was nearly impossible for me to drop the Sichuanese way of speaking, as it's kinda like chalk & cheese!
It's almost like trying to get a person speaking w/ a Welsh accent to speak 'The Queen's English' in a short amount of time.
I mean I managed to get past that block, but I still sometimes slip up :colondollar:

Chinese born in Singapore. Moved to the UK at a young age. Ended up being routine for me to respond back in English even when my parents speak to me in Chinese, and that's probably why I'm finding it difficult to speak the language even though I understand most of it
I'm so mad- :angry: I spent ages typing up today's update at lunchtime today at lunch, and I posted it... I double checked to make sure, and then closed my browser.. When I got home it was gone ARGHHH

Quick Reply

Latest