The Student Room Group

Friendship groups in school?

Hey guys!

I’m 15 and in year 10, I’ve fallen out with a few girls at my new school as they’re really quite the mean girls and now I’ve come back, I’ve made up with them but I don’t wanna get too close with them, they’re all arguing with my ex right now and it’s awkward around them I want to make new friends but the only people in my classes which I can’t change are those girls. And people in my classes are always whispering and laughing at me behind my bAck asking why they would be friends with me. It’s so awkward hanging around with them is just awkward silences I’d rather be on my own but if I walk off I get taunted by getting called a snake.

Please help?
Thanks.
Reply 1
Hey hun,

first of all can I just say I'm sorry. No one deserves this. But am I surprised? No not the slightest, you wanna know why? This is typical high school behaviour. To be honest you remind me of myself, I was that girl that the popular group of girls decided they liked so they became friends with her, but not real friends because the second you said something they disagreed, they instantly dislike you and made you feel like ****, then they will forgive you but ONLY to do it all over again. It's toxic.

My advise is TO DISTANT YOURSELF. You said if you walked away you'll get taunted like a snake? Yeah and so what? Let them because they will get bored soon and if they keep doing it just look them deadpan in the eyes and say ''yeah and so what? okay.'' it'll just throw them off because they'll see that they are unable to phase you. Honey if you don't want to see them around at lunch and break time, head to the library, grab a book and sit down or go to the ict department and go on the computers. In class if you're worried because they are in the same class as they will bother you? they won't, only if you do not sit with them. Talk to the teacher maybe before class and ask to be seated on the other side of the room. Focus on your work because i hear GCSE's are real tough now. Real friends will come to you. You'll find them, don't stress about that right now, because they could be in the other classes and you just haven't had the chance to get to know them. Right now you need to focus on getting rid of those toxic girls, because WILL eventually leave you be..the rumours will then disappear too, people will forget.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY BECAUSE I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH:

HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS ARE PEOPLE YOU WILL NEVER SEE OR SPEAK TO AGAIN.

I'm in year 13 love, it's been a year and a few months since i've seen people from my high school (not counting close close friends). Give year the rest of yr10 and year 11 a chance to make some new friends and if you still hate your school, you can always apply to a new school for sixth form and meet some really new awesome people.
Reply 2
Sorry to hear about ur situation. I'm a bit confused, do other girls laugh at you for being friends with the mean girls of do they laugh at you to be horrible to you? Hope things get better. Just focus on your GCSE exams and just draw yourself away from the popular sector and talk to people who are nice and concentrate on their studies. You'll be much happier focusing on work and making genuine friends x
Original post by Sarahxmoor
Hey guys!

I’m 15 and in year 10, I’ve fallen out with a few girls at my new school as they’re really quite the mean girls and now I’ve come back, I’ve made up with them but I don’t wanna get too close with them, they’re all arguing with my ex right now and it’s awkward around them I want to make new friends but the only people in my classes which I can’t change are those girls. And people in my classes are always whispering and laughing at me behind my bAck asking why they would be friends with me. It’s so awkward hanging around with them is just awkward silences I’d rather be on my own but if I walk off I get taunted by getting called a snake.

Please help?
Thanks.
they don't deserve you. simple. you can do so much better than those horrible girls. if you're worried about being taunted/called names for walking away, don't be- i'm not saying that this won't happen (it most likely will), but how long could it last? you're in year 10, so you only have another year, and you don't have to see these horrible people again. focus on yourself, and do what is best for you; at the end of the day, these girls are affecting you negatively, and you do not need that, especially in the run up your exams next year. focus on yourself, girly, and don't let everyone's comments get to you- i will never understand what people get out of being mean.
i really hope things get better for you soon- all you have to do is walk away; it will be hard, but once you've done that, it should hopefully get easier.
good luck on everything, i'm hoping you get through this xxx
Reply 4
Original post by nattm12
Hey hun,

first of all can I just say I'm sorry. No one deserves this. But am I surprised? No not the slightest, you wanna know why? This is typical high school behaviour. To be honest you remind me of myself, I was that girl that the popular group of girls decided they liked so they became friends with her, but not real friends because the second you said something they disagreed, they instantly dislike you and made you feel like ****, then they will forgive you but ONLY to do it all over again. It's toxic.

My advise is TO DISTANT YOURSELF. You said if you walked away you'll get taunted like a snake? Yeah and so what? Let them because they will get bored soon and if they keep doing it just look them deadpan in the eyes and say ''yeah and so what? okay.'' it'll just throw them off because they'll see that they are unable to phase you. Honey if you don't want to see them around at lunch and break time, head to the library, grab a book and sit down or go to the ict department and go on the computers. In class if you're worried because they are in the same class as they will bother you? they won't, only if you do not sit with them. Talk to the teacher maybe before class and ask to be seated on the other side of the room. Focus on your work because i hear GCSE's are real tough now. Real friends will come to you. You'll find them, don't stress about that right now, because they could be in the other classes and you just haven't had the chance to get to know them. Right now you need to focus on getting rid of those toxic girls, because WILL eventually leave you be..the rumours will then disappear too, people will forget.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY BECAUSE I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH:

HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS ARE PEOPLE YOU WILL NEVER SEE OR SPEAK TO AGAIN.

I'm in year 13 love, it's been a year and a few months since i've seen people from my high school (not counting close close friends). Give year the rest of yr10 and year 11 a chance to make some new friends and if you still hate your school, you can always apply to a new school for sixth form and meet some really new awesome people.

Couldn't agree more. I'm year 13 too and distancing myself from horrible people I'm never going to see again was the best decision of my life. It took me way too long to realise that these people don't matter to me in the slightest but I guess it's because everyone's obsessed with not being a target or being made fun of.

Quick Reply

Latest