The Student Room Group

is it haram to wear jeans/trousers???

my whole life i have been wearing jeans and a friend of mine at uni told me its haram and i was like really shocked because no one has ever told me but i searched online and cant really find an answer but i was just wondering is it really haram and listening to music aswell because music always lightens up my mood and loads of people told me its haram.

Scroll to see replies

Lol Jeans are fine,

(Ripped jeans showing your thighs etc, and super skintight jeans are probably haram but you wouldnt want to wear them because they look silly anyway)
jeans are fine haha

but if they make u look like ur wearing leggings then naa..thats haram

and listening to music is also haram.
Of course its haram to wear jeans, its also haram to wear wooly hats(My headteacher always confiscates mine) and to wear white trainers.

Obviously its not, you're friend is wrong. Instead of typing "is it haram to wear jean?s" why not try typing "Islamic rules on wearing clothes" or something.
As for the music, yes it is haram. But hey, I can't judge :colone:
Original post by soIiIoquy
listening to music is also haram.

really? ahahaha been listening to all kinds of music EXCEPT any to do with Islam or any other religion for last 5-6 years....
Original post by JDieMstr
really? ahahaha been listening to all kinds of music EXCEPT any to do with Islam or any other religion for last 5-6 years....

yes, really.
Original post by k0zaf
my whole life i have been wearing jeans and a friend of mine at uni told me its haram and i was like really shocked because no one has ever told me but i searched online and cant really find an answer but i was just wondering is it really haram and listening to music aswell because music always lightens up my mood and loads of people told me its haram.

Abra Kadabra is a good rapper i like
Selected Deep house

Im muslim and i listen to alot of grime and deep house music and i love it :smile:
I believe that if a song is relating to negative thoughts which change your lifestyle is haraam because its changing your personality, Although many scholars of Islam teach us not to listen to music. Dont get me wrong but i think its not wrong, but its just forbidden in Islam. theres a difference. Music broken down is a simple beat being repeated over with different tones etc and some singing. I think theres nothing wrong with music. Once i was tapping my hands and making some nice beats and nodding my head when my friend told me stop because its bad. I didnt continue for the sake of him because i dont wanna go against my friend if you get what i mean :/ Also music is a part of life. Its like a language that you dont need to understand but you can just listen and interpret in different ways. I cant explain myself properly here but you can PM me more and i will break it down for you in different ways. Im not forcing you to believe what i say but just letting you know since you believed your friend about music is haram bla bla bla...

And jeans, As long its not expressing your body too much and seeks attention from males its okay i think. Im not too sure on this so correct me if you can :smile:
some quote i remember from Religious Studies is Guard Your Modesty lol

Ask me more questions about music and im all ears if you wanna talk ;p
it's haram to wear revealing clothes..every Muslim should dress modestly..so covered basically..the essential parts...

Anything that reveals your "figure" is haram...be that thighs, legs, back etc...
My god jeans are fine
Original post by ultimateradman
Of course its haram to wear jeans, its also haram to wear wooly hats(My headteacher always confiscates mine) and to wear white trainers.

Obviously its not, you're friend is wrong. Instead of typing "is it haram to wear jean?s" why not try typing "Islamic rules on wearing clothes" or something.
As for the music, yes it is haram. But hey, I can't judge :colone:

Is the first paragraph a joke? Im confused
this new fashion of ripped jeans is just ...
I don't know where do you live but if you live in the Europe, North America.. etc.. especially countries which majority of population NOT Muslim. This is absolutely bad for you because according to Quran you shouldn't be friend with non-Muslims and as a female you should stay at home you don't have right to work, staring at the boys, talking with the boys etc..

No offence those are not my opinion, my reference is Quran.

My suggestion is go to the Muslim country otherwise you'll go to the hell

Have a good day.
Original post by Shabby33
Is the first paragraph a joke? Im confused

No the headteacher really does confiscate my hat, its annoying.
Original post by ultimateradman
No the headteacher really does confiscate my hat, its annoying.

About the white trainers and wooly hat, I guess its a joke right?
Everything is haram, enjoy life when you can't do the things you want 😁
Original post by sulaimanali
this new fashion of ripped jeans is just ...

It's not new...
Why is music haraam guys? Sure, the messages of some songs are downright pathetic, but I don't really listen much to the current mainstream stuff anyway
Of course it is. The religion likes people to live like those did 2000 years ago.
Reply 18
Original post by k0zaf

The Quran doesn't mention jeans so you're fine. Same for leggings.
Original post by Salt Queen
It's not new...

well its quite common nowadays ..that's what i meant.

Latest

Trending

Trending