The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mc_miah
Why is music haraam guys? Sure, the messages of some songs are downright pathetic, but I don't really listen much to the current mainstream stuff anyway

The reason why music is haraam is because of the language that is used in the songs. Swear words and what have you. With this comes the change of character overtime.
Original post by MiszShortee786
The reason why music is haraam is because of the language that is used in the songs. Swear words and what have you. With this comes the change of character overtime.

Your saying all music is haraam?
Original post by Shabby33
Your saying all music is haraam?

Yes.
Yes.

What about music like house and trap etc. Nothing with swearing

By that logic songs that don't have bad language are halal?
Is the first paragraph a joke? Im confused

lol he or she was trying to be sarcastic lol don't worry
Original post by nattm12
lol he or she was trying to be sarcastic lol don't worry

lol
Original post by Stuffme

yes. love me some logic. defo not haaram because his music isn't negative.
Original post by Stuffme

That would then be classed as Nasheeds/Naats. (Islamic version of songs).
That would then be classed as Nasheeds/Naats. (Islamic version of songs).

No. There are songs which spread positive messages (not naats) - are those halal by what you said previously?
What about music like house and trap etc. Nothing with swearing

It has musical instruments in the background which is the element that makes a
song haraam in the first instance. So even if a song has no swearing it will still have musical elements involved.
Reply 31
Yes.

Even instrumental?
Original post by ProgrammerC
I don't know where do you live but if you live in the Europe, North America.. etc.. especially countries which majority of population NOT Muslim. This is absolutely bad for you because according to Quran you shouldn't be friend with non-Muslims and as a female you should stay at home you don't have right to work, staring at the boys, talking with the boys etc..

No offence those are not my opinion, my reference is Quran.

My suggestion is go to the Muslim country otherwise you'll go to the hell

Have a good day.

Seems like you have it all sorted. Mind linking me to some sources please? I would love to read those verses where it says what you just claimed.
Original post by edd522
Even instrumental?

Haha what ever she thinks is right is right for her. Lets not go against her but im just saying that its kinda BS. (The part about instruments and instrumentals) How are nasheeds sung? Some may have just vocal in them but some of them dont, Please dont think im arguing :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Didn't know Muslim men would get turned on by legs. Mmm legs. Mmm ankles.
Reply 35
Original post by (((degener8)))
Didn't know Muslim men would get turned on by legs. Mmm legs. Mmm ankles.

Ankle cleavage. :perv:
Original post by edd522
Even instrumental?

Yes
Excuse me for my blathering ignorance... but what kind of religion forbids people from listening to... instrumental music? Like, what?
Haha what ever she thinks is right is right for her. Lets not go against her but im just saying that its kinda BS. (The part about instruments and instrumentals) How are nasheeds sung? Some may have just vocal in them but some of them dont, Please dont think im arguing :smile:

Most nasheeds are vocals only some are with duff(Halal instrument) and some just have music in them which would make it haraam.

By the ways its not "What I think is right for me" its what has being ordained from Allah.
Reply 39
Yes

But you said:

There is no swear word in instrumental music.

It means that you cannot even watch TV, because there is instrumental music everywhere (adverts, news, movies, football matches, etc.).

Latest

Trending

Trending