The Student Room Group

Dear non-PC, red pilled internet right wing, what's your solution to terrorism?

You people seem keen on wasting your lives on internet arguments about Islam and its role in terrorism (which is mostly drivel)

So what is your solution to the problem that is reasonable and can bring genuine change?

Because as far as the rest of us are concerned, over the past 50 years the world has become a safer place and terrorist attacks have gone down. Except for when you invade the middle east, leave a vacuum for terrorists to take over and then a new radical group forms to spread terror against the nations that attacked it. Bin Laden notoriously said "You undermine our security, we undermine yours". Well, the solution most liberals stick with is leaving the middle east alone and allow for the ideologies to die out.

What do you have that's better?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alain22
You people seem keen on wasting your lives on internet arguments about Islam and its role in terrorism (which is mostly drivel)

So what is your solution to the problem that is reasonable and can bring genuine change?

Because as far as the rest of us are concerned, over the past 50 years the world has become a safer place and terrorist attacks have gone down. Except for when you invade the middle east, leave a vacuum for terrorists to take over and then a new radical group forms to spread terror against the nations that attacked it. Bin Laden notoriously said "You undermine our security, we undermine yours". Well, the solution most liberals stick with is leaving the middle east alone and allow for the ideologies to die out.

What do you have that's better?

Stopping people following Islam, having strong borders to stop illegal migrants, completely stopping the idiotic concept of multiculturalism, having a migration policy that keeps migration levels at a sustainable rate to facilitate integration of migrants. A strong foreign policy focused on eradicating the most toxic forms of Islam to preempt random unwarranted attacks on the west such as 9/11.

Leaving the Middle East alone would lead to more 9/11s, since these toxic ideologies would have fertile breeding grounds and bases for operations against the west. The whole point of the war on terror was to ensure these groups had nowhere to establish themselves.
Reply 2
Omg, whoever wrote that - sit down.
Reply 3
Original post by D3LLI5
Stopping people following Islam, having strong borders to stop illegal migrants, completely stopping the idiotic concept of multiculturalism, having a migration policy that keeps migration levels at a sustainable rate to facilitate integration of migrants. A strong foreign policy focused on eradicating the most toxic forms of Islam to preempt random unwarranted attacks on the west such as 9/11.

Leaving the Middle East alone would lead to more 9/11s, since these toxic ideologies would have fertile breeding grounds and bases for operations against the west. The whole point of the war on terror was to ensure these groups had nowhere to establish themselves.

Tell me, oh genius - how are you going to stop the fastest growing religion in the world without the whole of the Middle East bombing the absolute **** out of you?
That's the thing with most of you racists. All talk
Reply 4
Original post by D3LLI5

As expected no intelligent solution. This is why you people reside on the internet as opposed to going to good unis or having a good influential job.

Next.
The vast majority of right wing people also support no more wars in the middle east. They just want to have a stricter immigration policy which in my opinion is a far opinion. There is a small group of right wing nuts on the internet but the same can be said for left wing liberals.
Original post by ANON xx
Tell me, oh genius - how are you going to stop the fastest growing religion in the world without the whole of the Middle East bombing the absolute **** out of you?

Haha I’m quaking. The idea that the Middle East would try and bomb the west simply because we don’t want their religion shows how barbaric the religion is and why it is so imperative to end it.

Through re-education programs and trying to eradicate such beliefs at school we could also reduce the numbers of followers, assuming we have the migration policies implemented

It’s no more racist to think we should get rid of Islam than to think we should get rid of Nazism or human sacrifices, they are deluded and damaging ideologies.
Reply 7
Original post by humanteaparty
The vast majority of right wing people also support no more wars in the middle east. They just want to have a stricter immigration policy which in my opinion is a far opinion. There is a small group of right wing nuts on the internet but the same can be said for left wing liberals.

Except that it's already gotten stricter.

It's also very lazy to say we should cut immigration on the off-chance we'll stop terrorism when so much of it is homegrown.

Oh dear, now you're being dishonest. there's far more right wing nutters here than hardcore leftists (if any). Pls dont play the false equivalence fallacy, it's just silly.
Reply 8
Original post by ANON xx

You're saying that Muslims would bomb western countries for not accepting Islam?
Original post by alain22
As expected no intelligent solution. This is why you people reside on the internet as opposed to going to good unis or having a good influential job.

Next.

I go to Cambridge and already have a very high paying job waiting for me so your assessment is slightly inaccurate. The solution I presented would work, if you want to criticise it then go ahead, resorting to a crap attempt at ad hominem just shows your inability to contribute to this debate
Well I'm right wing and I'd suggest leaving other countries to their own business. Funnily enough, it's been left wing liberals like obama and hillary bombing the hell out of the middle east leading to ISIS, not right wingers.
Reply 11
Original post by D3LLI5
I go to Cambridge and already have a very high paying job waiting for me so your assessment is slightly inaccurate. The solution I presented would work, if you want to criticise it then go ahead, resorting to a crap attempt at ad hominem just shows your inability to contribute to this debate

I find it highly ironic how you say we should stop Islam like we do Nazism and advocate for fascist policies like stopping people from following islam.

1) Stopping the following islam is impossible - there are muslims here who'll never comply + streisand effect (a favourite by you ppl)

2) Borders to stop illegal migrants is something id support. Except they dont enter via jumping the border in most cases.

3) how does one quantify integration? silly proposal really.

4) Dont think there's anything more generic than "strong foreign policy"

5) Everytime you invade the middle east, it leaves a vacuum of area that's got no control or authority. and every time its filled by islamist extremists. that's a fact even the far right in many cases have accepted.

you also ignore the fact that most terrorism is homegrown through something called radicalisation. Your idiocy makes the UKIP manifesto look like a book written by god.
Reply 12
Original post by alain22
Except that it's already gotten stricter.

It's also very lazy to say we should cut immigration on the off-chance we'll stop terrorism when so much of it is homegrown.

Oh dear, now you're being dishonest. there's far more right wing nutters here than hardcore leftists (if any). Pls dont play the false equivalence fallacy, it's just silly.

bro - i like u that much rn imma follow u xx
Original post by DarthRoar
Well I'm right wing and I'd suggest leaving other countries to their own business. Funnily enough, it's been left wing liberals like obama and hillary bombing the hell out of the middle east leading to ISIS, not right wingers.

Exactly. I mentioned that but OP completely ignored that. OP doesn't realise how small a group the alt right are.
Reply 14

Trump is continuing the same policies. And their foreign policies have been neoconservative nor "left wing liberal".

You can't make the argument that bombing the middle east is a left wing liberal thing. It's completely laughable.

Today I learned George Bush and other neocons were left-wing liberals.
Original post by alain22
Trump is continuing the same policies. And their foreign policies have been neoconservative nor "left wing liberal".

You can't make the argument that bombing the middle east is a left wing liberal thing. It's completely laughable.

And you saying that leaving the middle east alone is a liberal opinion when its one shared by the vast majority of right wing people is also laughable.
Reply 17
Original post by humanteaparty
Exactly. I mentioned that but OP completely ignored that. OP doesn't realise how small a group the alt right are.

Yes, we all know it's a populist policy.

Except that a huge number of trump supporters cheered him on when he fired those tomahawks into Syria. So to pretend like a significant number of right wingers dont support military intervention is stupid.
Nuke the Middle East
Reply 19
Original post by D3LLI5
Haha I’m quaking. The idea that the Middle East would try and bomb the west simply because we don’t want their religion shows how barbaric the religion is and why it is so imperative to end it.

Through re-education programs and trying to eradicate such beliefs at school we could also reduce the numbers of followers, assuming we have the migration policies implemented

It’s no more racist to think we should get rid of Islam than to think we should get rid of Nazism or human sacrifices, they are deluded and damaging ideologies.

Wow,you really are so contradictory. So it apparently isn't barbaric when the West bombs the Middle East - typical double standards.
Islam is perfection - Muslims aren't.
Understand the difference, you close-minded prick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending