The Student Room Group

EPQ Help

I’m not really sure how to structure my EPQ. My question is to do with smoking and how it affects pregnant women’s children. I’ve currently been structuring it like this:

New Hazard/Risk
Describe the hazard/risk
Provide literature/evidence to say that smoking can increase the risk
Repeat

Is this the correct way to do it?

Should I provide evidence against smoking being a cause to make the argument balanced?

Is there a better way to structure my main section?

Any help would be appreciated, I understand the topic and have plenty of literature. But writing it up is daunting and I feel like I’m doing it incorrectly. Thanks.
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by Atlas99
I’m not really sure how to structure my EPQ. My question is to do with smoking and how it affects pregnant women’s children. I’ve currently been structuring it like this:

New Hazard/Risk
Describe the hazard/risk
Provide literature/evidence to say that smoking can increase the risk
Repeat

Is this the correct way to do it?

Should I provide evidence against smoking being a cause to make the argument balanced?

Is there a better way to structure my main section?

Any help would be appreciated, I understand the topic and have plenty of literature. But writing it up is daunting and I feel like I’m doing it incorrectly. Thanks.

That sound like a good way to structure it but you should definitely add opposing literature to balence it out.
Original post by Fawke
That sound like a good way to structure it but you should definitely add opposing literature to balence it out.

How many points would you recommend covering?
Reply 4
Original post by Atlas99
How many points would you recommend covering?

Probably better to focus on quality rather than quantity.
Original post by Fawke
Probably better to focus on quality rather than quantity.

Yeah I’ll probably rewrite it to add some more evidence for opposing arguments and focus on less points but in more detail.
Reply 6
Original post by Atlas99
Yeah I’ll probably rewrite it to add some more evidence for opposing arguments and focus on less points but in more detail.

I had to rewrite mine a couple of times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending