The Student Room Group

GCSE November Retakes

I’m going to be retaking GCSE Maths and English Language this week and the next, I don’t think I’ll pass either - what happens if I fail, do I have to retake them again and what if I fail the next retake and continue to fail them? Thank’s.
Original post by fatmatt69
I’m going to be retaking GCSE Maths and English Language this week and the next, I don’t think I’ll pass either - what happens if I fail, do I have to retake them again and what if I fail the next retake and continue to fail them? Thank’s.

Firstly think positively, you would pass. In the instance you do not its not the end of the world (yet!). If you end up failing do not worry you can re-take at the end of year May/June 2018. If you repeatedly fail which I doubt it you would have to continue re-taking it until you eventually pass.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that if you fail this lot you'll just have to try again, and then if you fail the next you'll have to try again after that.

But try to be positive, if you think positively you're much more likely to do better, I know it's hard to do but it's worth a try!
Reply 3
I failed English language 3 or 4 times and was starting to give up, but with a little bit of revision and practice, I managed to get a C when I re sat it in college. Watch mr bruff on YouTube he is quite good and goes through all different types of questions etc.
Reply 4
If your college only does retakes in May/June, can you go somewhere else to do retakes in November?

Quick Reply

Latest