The Student Room Group

Anyone up for a chat? :)

Scroll to see replies

What time do you normally go to sleep and what time do you wake up?
Original post by Want_To_Achieve

11/12 is my aim but that never happens. And on school days 6:45 am but other days it can be after 12pm. What about you?
Original post by T4wreckedme
11/12 is my aim but that never happens. And on school days 6:45 am but other days it can be after 12pm. What about you?

I used to be like you where I aimed for 11/12 but never got to bed on time. But I never woke up at 6:45. XD I woke up at 7:30 and was always late half the time. And I used to wake up at around 11-12pm on a weekend which wasted half the day.

Now I have decided to wake up early on weekdays and weekends (6:40 am on weekdays and 8:00 am on weekends) despite me going to bed early. Although now I do go to bed earlier than 12 on weekdays.
I used to be like you where I aimed for 11/12 but never got to bed on time. But I never woke up at 6:45. XD I woke up at 7:30 and was always late half the time. And I used to wake up at around 11-12pm on a weekend which wasted half the day.

Now I have decided to wake up early on weekdays and weekends (6:40 am on weekdays and 8:00 am on weekends) despite me going to bed early. Although now I do go to bed earlier than 12 on weekdays.

Yeah my routine is kinda worse because half term but on school days I’d try to go up to bed at 9/10 and aim to be asleep by 11/12 but it’s only if I’m lucky or super tired I’d get to sleep at that time. I too waste my weekends though, saturdays anyway, so I think I should start setting a time to wake up at. The most I’ve slept in is from like 2am to 4pm (14hours it was great) but again wasted my whole day.
I might try and set my alarm for 10/10:30 because I don’t like wasting half my day and then if means I’m up to walk my dog which means I actually do some exercise hahah

Aim to be asleep by 11.30pm and for school I wake up at 6.36am (random but after years I know it's the perfect amount of time) on weekends any time between 9 and 10am.
Original post by Toastiekid
Aim to be asleep by 11.30pm and for school I wake up at 6.36am (random but after years I know it's the perfect amount of time) on weekends any time between 9 and 10am.

How do you do it? I say that but I survive the school day on as little as 2-3 hours some days but then I come home and have a nap for the same length of time ahhah
Yeah my routine is kinda worse because half term but on school days I’d try to go up to bed at 9/10 and aim to be asleep by 11/12 but it’s only if I’m lucky or super tired I’d get to sleep at that time. I too waste my weekends though, saturdays anyway, so I think I should start setting a time to wake up at. The most I’ve slept in is from like 2am to 4pm (14hours it was great) but again wasted my whole day.
I might try and set my alarm for 10/10:30 because I don’t like wasting half my day and then if means I’m up to walk my dog which means I actually do some exercise hahah

Yeah getting up early feels so painful yet so rewarding afterwards when you are productive and still have a lot of the day left to relax and get a nap if you need it.
Yeah getting up early feels so painful yet so rewarding afterwards when you are productive and still have a lot of the day left to relax and get a nap if you need it.

Naps were literally the best thing I found out. Like even going to piano I’d have a nap in the car even though it was 10minutes away. However not great considering I’d be so disoriented. But getting up earlier and being more active/getting more exercise (because I think I’m basically a sloth) is my aim
How do you do it? I say that but I survive the school day on as little as 2-3 hours some days but then I come home and have a nap for the same length of time ahhah

Caffeine and sugar help. For school I have to suck it up, it's obviously compulsory for me to be in full time education.. and I do sport which exhausts me so I collapse in the evenings. On the weekends my parents will shake me awake so I "don't miss the whole day" ughhh
Naps were literally the best thing I found out. Like even going to piano I’d have a nap in the car even though it was 10minutes away. However not great considering I’d be so disoriented. But getting up earlier and being more active/getting more exercise (because I think I’m basically a sloth) is my aim

Also, I think waking up early and being productive helps keep you happy instead of being depressed every day like I used to be. Waking up early and working helps me accomplish more not just because it's early, because it keeps you in the right mood for work.
Anyway guys, I gotta follow my own routine and get to bed. C ya later
Caffeine and sugar help. For school I have to suck it up, it's obviously compulsory for me to be in full time education.. and I do sport which exhausts me so I collapse in the evenings. On the weekends my parents will shake me awake so I "don't miss the whole day" ughhh

Caffeine makes me sleepier but that doesn’t stop me drinking it during school (sixth year privileges I’ve been waiting for ever since start of high school) and my parents used to do that too which was awful, I then also had piano at 10 in the morning so that near killed me
Also, I think waking up early and being productive helps keep you happy instead of being depressed every day like I used to be. Waking up early and working helps me accomplish more not just because it's early, because it keeps you in the right mood for work.

Yeah when I wake up late etc my mood isn’t the best so that’s why I wanna change it. Have a good nights sleep :smile:
Caffeine makes me sleepier but that doesn’t stop me drinking it during school (sixth year privileges I’ve been waiting for ever since start of high school) and my parents used to do that too which was awful, I then also had piano at 10 in the morning so that near killed me

I used to do tennis at 9AM every Saturday morning, it was killer. And I play piano too:colone:
I used to do tennis at 9AM every Saturday morning, it was killer. And I play piano too:colone:

9am!! I’d collapse hahah. I love meeting people who play piano, what grade are you on/board are you with?
9am!! I’d collapse hahah. I love meeting people who play piano, what grade are you on/board are you with?

I did grades 1-5 abrsm and took grades 3, 4 &5 music theory (which I somehow passed) then I realised that no way can I sing or just remember how something went (a big part of aural) so I changed to trinity for grade six. It was the best decision I've made regarding piano in however many years, I actually almost enjoyed preparing and taking the exam! You?
I did grades 1-5 abrsm and took grades 3, 4 &5 music theory (which I somehow passed) then I realised that no way can I sing or just remember how something went (a big part of aural) so I changed to trinity for grade six. It was the best decision I've made regarding piano in however many years, I actually almost enjoyed preparing and taking the exam! You?

I did grade 1 and 3 with Abrsm (skipped 2 bc our school told us we needed grade 3 for GCSE. They lied) but again I hated the singing part (why do we need to do that. I signed up for a piano exam not a singing test)
I also changed teachers bc my current one then couldn’t teach me so I did grade 4 trinity in March there (took like a year and a half bc I broke my finger playing basketball in school - another reason why I don’t like sport- so had to re strengthen that) and doing my grade 5 on the 1 st December so like 4weeks and I’m not doing theory because I can’t be bothered... though I too really like the pieces. Plus trinity you only have to learn certain scales whereas ABRSM you have to remember so many....

I realise that when I reply I say so much so I apologise
I did grade 1 and 3 with Abrsm (skipped 2 bc our school told us we needed grade 3 for GCSE. They lied) but again I hated the singing part (why do we need to do that. I signed up for a piano exam not a singing test)
I also changed teachers bc my current one then couldn’t teach me so I did grade 4 trinity in March there (took like a year and a half bc I broke my finger playing basketball in school - another reason why I don’t like sport- so had to re strengthen that) and doing my grade 5 on the 1 st December so like 4weeks and I’m not doing theory because I can’t be bothered... though I too really like the pieces. Plus trinity you only have to learn certain scales whereas ABRSM you have to remember so many....

Yes the scales are so much better with trinity...I'm guessing the broken finger is another clumsy story of yours? :smile: I've not really changed teachers on piano but for my guitar lessons I've gone through way too many teachers which is really annoying (though I think I've found my calling- ROCK GUITAR!) Good luck with your exam, practise loads and I'm sure you'll get merit or distinction (tho the main aim is to pass) as trinity mark them really fairly.

I realise that when I reply I say so much so I apologise

And lol don't worry, so do I. Anyway I'm probably going to go to sleep now cause I want to function tomorrow!
And lol don't worry, so do I. Anyway I'm probably going to go to sleep now cause I want to function tomorrow!

I play guitar too but just teach myself and yes the broken finger was another clumsy story of mine. Like my middle name might as well be clumsy. Thank you and I will tell you how my exam goes when the times comes. Goodnight !! :smile: I should probably sleep too bc aiming to get up at 9am

Quick Reply

Latest