The Student Room Group

I don’t think my boyfriend likes me anymore :(

I asked him about it but he says its fine. We’re in sixth form so I can’t help thinking he’s just staying with me for the sake of it. Our relationship is just off at the moment, I asked him if it was something outside of our relationship bothering him, he said no. I don’t know what to do :frown:
Inb4 “leave him”
What exactly is going on in your relationship? Can you be specific?
Reply 3
Maybe it's just you who thinks he doesn't like you.
It's very easy to over think and over analyse these things. If he says it's fine it's probably fine! Is there anything specific that's troubling you?
Reply 5
Original post by del1rious
What exactly is going on in your relationship? Can you be specific?

Our conversations just seem one sided all of a sudden, he seems disinterested and distracted when talking to me :frown: but he still seems to approach me to talk etc, I don’t know if that’s just for the sake of it
Reply 6
Original post by UWS
Maybe it's just you who thinks he doesn't like you.

I know that’s what I feel cautious about, but at the same time I don’t want to be naive about it
Reply 7
Original post by EmilySarah00
It's very easy to over think and over analyse these things. If he says it's fine it's probably fine! Is there anything specific that's troubling you?

I feel like I’m not usually someone who gets paranoid about stuff like this, my instincts are telling me that there’s something to worry about
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like I’m not usually someone who gets paranoid about stuff like this, my instincts are telling me that there’s something to worry about

follow your gut. It's always right. The only way you would know is to stay and see how things get if you love him. If your not yet in love leave him there's nothing to fight for.
Tell him you feel as though he don't like you and that it's ok to open up.
Reply 9
Original post by Jennifer303
follow your gut. It's always right. The only way you would know is to stay and see how things get if you love him. If your not yet in love leave him there's nothing to fight for.
Tell him you feel as though he don't like you and that it's ok to open up.

I really don’t want to let him go, when we’re good we’re great, its just been so difficult trying to get him to open up and its frustrating not knowing what’s wrong/what I’m doing wrong
Original post by VirgoStrain
Stress maybe? If I was floundering in my studies I would avoid everything that moved.

To be honest I highly doubt it. He’s not one to stress over school work anyway, let alone the fact that there isn’t much to even stress about right now at college. My main concern is how he seems to be normal with his friends etc, I asked a few of them and they haven’t noticed anything
Original post by VirgoStrain
Well he’s always going to be more relaxed around his own gender right? That’s the case with pretty much all people.

That’s the thing, it’s not only his own gender, his girl friends too :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I really don’t want to let him go, when we’re good we’re great, its just been so difficult trying to get him to open up and its frustrating not knowing what’s wrong/what I’m doing wrong

Babe I just came out a relationship exact thing happened and he cheated on me at the end we was so in love. When we were good we was so good when we was bad it was bad. He denied cheating but a week after he told me he did take her out and get her number but he didn't do anything physical in which she said they did kiss and hug. He then told me he don't know why he got her number I told him it's because you was fed up with me couldn't take my crap basically. There's more crap I had to take of his. He then said I'm not calling to work things out just to tell you I did take her out but not physically cheat and that he was finding himself and he's working on himself ! This destroyed me because I did so much and put so much when I could feel we was drifting I always would make it work and it did but it's as if he kept pulling away after like a couple weeks. the cheek to cheat and then say he's focusing on himself. It's really hard for me right now as there was so many red flags.
nobodies said this yet but....
leave him
UPDATE: the same happened again today, we were walking and having a dead conversation until his friend (a girl) came over, and then he was fine
Make sure you break up with him before he breaks up with you :innocent:
Original post by MissMilkshake
Make sure you break up with him before he breaks up with you :innocent:

Honestly? I actually am considering it, I don’t know what to do :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest