The Student Room Group

anyone help with my epq topic?!!

I'm thinking about doing epq about physics or anything about engineer because I would like to study engineering in uni but I don't have any ideas/topic. Anyone have an interesting idea??
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Have you considered any electronics? Learning to code can demonstrate rigorous thinking as well as being able to focus and self teach.
It also shows a practical side that you may otherwise miss out on in your regular a levels, as well as talking points for your personal statement or interviews if you have to do them.
I’m doing an electronics project (never studied ict or anything for gcse) and it’s going pretty well.
I’m year 13 and applied for maths, and I think engineering/physics is the same in that they have some computing modules in the first year? So it will definitely look good in terms of that!
But mostly, make sure it’s something you’re interested in. Some lads in my year are doing essays for their project and hate it cause they’re not ‘essay people’ and are mostly doing it for the grade - don’t.
It’s so much easier to put a lot of work in it if you’re genuinely interested, so make sure you’re choosing a topic area you’re interested in.
Reply 3
Original post by SaMarlo
Have you considered any electronics? Learning to code can demonstrate rigorous thinking as well as being able to focus and self teach.
It also shows a practical side that you may otherwise miss out on in your regular a levels, as well as talking points for your personal statement or interviews if you have to do them.
I’m doing an electronics project (never studied ict or anything for gcse) and it’s going pretty well.
I’m year 13 and applied for maths, and I think engineering/physics is the same in that they have some computing modules in the first year? So it will definitely look good in terms of that!
But mostly, make sure it’s something you’re interested in. Some lads in my year are doing essays for their project and hate it cause they’re not ‘essay people’ and are mostly doing it for the grade - don’t.
It’s so much easier to put a lot of work in it if you’re genuinely interested, so make sure you’re choosing a topic area you’re interested in.

Thanks for replying! this gives me some ideas of what I should do
U can do something related to renewable energy. I did mine on hydrogen fuel cells and lithium ion batteries which was related to chemistry(which I’m planning on doing at uni). Photovoltaics??
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by TSlayerr
U can do something related to renewable energy. I did mine on hydrogen fuel cells and lithium ion batteries which was related to chemistry(which I’m planning on doing at uni). Photovoltaics??

Thanks for replying! That's what I'm thinking about but I can't come up with a proper title for it. What's your title?
Original post by dfgjhmfjgk
Thanks for replying! That's what I'm thinking about but I can't come up with a proper title for it. What's your title?

'Does hydrogen fuel cells provide a better solution than more conventional rechargeable batteries in the current move to electric-powered vehicles?'

Quick Reply

Latest