The Student Room Group

Is a school allowed to move me to betec

I got 8gcse but I failed math and retaking it in November 2nd, 2 days from now I been doing a levels for 1month but the school wants to move me to betec now because my essays weren't up to the standards are they allowed to remove m from a levels after 1month also the thing that bothers me is when the head teacher was reading me the feedback she got from the teachers they were all saying negative things such as poor verbal communication but none of them decide to tell me in person what I wad doing wrong
what a-levels u taking atm
Reply 2
Original post by Ray_Shadows
what a-levels u taking atm

Philosophy and ethics, business studies and psychology
wow, really? the teachers should be telling you how you are progressing and how they feel about your chosen A level subjects
Reply 4
Original post by Blackstarr
wow, really? the teachers should be telling you how you are progressing and how they feel about your chosen A level subjects

The thing is I went to one of my teachers to ask me what I done wrong for my business essay and he just said no application but what I heard from the feedback that was on the paper was no verbal communication, standard of work is poor etc that's why I'm still wondering why he didn't tell me that face to face but now it's to late
(edited 6 years ago)
A btec is worthwhile. I think the school is trying to help you. A btec will provide you with similar opportunities regarding work and university.
Original post by Mosesthemo
The thing is I went to one of my teachers to ask me what I done wrong for my business essay and he just said no application but what I heard from the feedback that was on the paper was no verbal communication, standard of work is poor etc that's why I'm still wondering why he didn't tell me that face to face but now it's to late

Things are not adding up? what did he mean by ' no application'?

how do you feel about your progress?

Do you think you are coping well with A levels?

The teachers should be given you accurate feedback. you should ask for specifics.
Reply 7
Original post by Blackstarr
Things are not adding up? what did he mean by ' no application'?

how do you feel about your progress?

Do you think you are coping well with A levels?

The teachers should be given you accurate feedback. you should ask for specifics.

For all of my essays I've handed to him he just writes no AP which is no application which I think means I'm not connecting it to the business
Reply 8
For all of my essays I've handed to him he just writes no AP which is no application which I think means I'm not connecting it to the business

however we have two teacher for business I handed one of my essays that I worked really hard on and I gave it to Miss she skimmed over it and said it was good better than my other essays and she said she was gonna mark it after she found out I wasn't going to be moved to betec she decide not to mark it and I ask for my book back she refused
I got 8gcse but I failed math and retaking it in November 2nd, 2 days from now I been doing a levels for 1month but the school wants to move me to betec now because my essays weren't up to the standards are they allowed to remove m from a levels after 1month also the thing that bothers me is when the head teacher was reading me the feedback she got from the teachers they were all saying negative things such as poor verbal communication but none of them decide to tell me in person what I wad doing wrong

Well you can appeal and get your parents to talk to the headmaster.

Moving to btec doesnt have to be a bad thing and might suit you better. theres no point doing A levels if you wont be able to cope.

From what you have said, then I think they have not one but tow issues with you.

Poor verbal communication relates t o how you interact in class , which shows how much you understand about the subject. If they say its poor it means you arent participating or are showing a poor understanding of whats being taught. Do you answer lost of questions correctly?

The poor written is that your essays arent up to scratch which shows you havent understood whats been taught and whats expected of you.

Poor application to me means you havent understood the point of the essay so you havent shown and applied much of what you have been taught to show understanding and you havent answered the question. That is what would get you a poor grade.

I think they should have tried to tell you and given you another month to improve, but either they had seen enough or they were concerned about your reaction.

Appeal and ask for another months. Make careful notes on how to improve, participate more, prepare better and improve your essays by learning the material and putting more work in.

For now you should focus on Maths.
What Betec qualification would you need to do an English Literature degree?
Reply 11
Passed my maths now I got kicked out of school

Quick Reply

Latest