The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE October/November 2017 Thread

Hi!
This is my first time posting on TSR :smile: I thought I should make a thread for the winter exam series this year because I couldn't find one. I still have about 2 weeks left of exams! Anyone who has anything to say about this exam series (rants about papers, grade predictions, etc.) are welcome to post! :smile:

Subjects I'm taking (they're all the extended syllabuses, so the maximum grade possible is A* in all of them):
-First Language English (0500)
-Foreign Language French (0520)
-Mathematics (0580)
-Computer Science (0478)
-Environmental Management (0680)
-Biology (0610)
-Chemistry (0620)
-Physics (0625)

(Note: These aren't re-sits, this is my first time doing these exams! My school chose the winter session, that's all :smile:)
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Maths paper 21 was very easy and 41 was kind of hard but i can still manage to get an A i think
What did you think of Biology? I did variant 3 (Zone 6), and it was alright.
english was hard AF!!!!!!!
Reply 4
Original post by Adam_johns
Maths paper 21 was very easy and 41 was kind of hard but i can still manage to get an A i think

I did 22 & 42 (zone 4, variant 2), 22 was easy for me as well! 42 had quite tricky questions but I managed to answer all of the questions :smile: good luck for your results!

Original post by childishhoon
What did you think of Biology? I did variant 3 (Zone 6), and it was alright.

my whole class thought that biology was so screwed up lol :biggrin: we did variant 2 (zone 4). atp was alright, but some of the mcq questions were written in ways we've never seen before, and there were such weird questions in paper 4 lol! Good luck for your results!

Original post by Nightmare55
english was hard AF!!!!!!!

ahhh! which papers have you done so far? i've only done 22 (zone 4, variant 2), i thought it was easy. the first passage was so weird lol! good luck for your results!
Original post by clinquantxo
I did 22 & 42 (zone 4, variant 2), 22 was easy for me as well! 42 had quite tricky questions but I managed to answer all of the questions :smile: good luck for your results!

my whole class thought that biology was so screwed up lol :biggrin: we did variant 2 (zone 4). atp was alright, but some of the mcq questions were written in ways we've never seen before, and there were such weird questions in paper 4 lol! Good luck for your results!

ahhh! which papers have you done so far? i've only done 22 (zone 4, variant 2), i thought it was easy. the first passage was so weird lol! good luck for your results!

i have only done the english reading paper as a first language 22 and today ill be doing my writing paper 32.....in just 2 hours..the reading paper wasnt hard but it was confusing
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
I am taking chemistry (0620) early, I already did the paper 62 on the 26th and found it not too difficult but not too easy either, how did you find it?
Reply 7
Anyone who did the Literature paper 1 today? (I do variant 2) How was it? What set texts did you do?
Reply 8
Original post by miyomaya
I am taking chemistry (0620) early, I already did the paper 62 on the 26th and found it not too difficult but not too easy either, how did you find it?

Hi, I also did the same variant on the same day! :smile: I had the same thoughts! Also, the style of some questions was quite different than usual, though....
Good luck for your results!
Reply 9
Original post by gladgeek
Anyone who did the Literature paper 1 today? (I do variant 2) How was it? What set texts did you do?

sorry, i don't take literature :/ but i do variant 2 in my papers as well, yay! how is literature as a subject? i'm considering taking literature after IGCSE :smile:
good luck for your results!
(edited 6 years ago)
What did u guys think about physics paper 42 and 22 today?
Hi, I also did the same variant on the same day! :smile: I had the same thoughts! Also, the style of some questions was quite different than usual, though....
Good luck for your results!

Thank you:smile:) best of luck to you too, we'll get through ahhh, let's hope for the best for tomorrow.
sorry, i don't take literature :/ but i do variant 2 in my papers as well, yay! how is literature as a subject? i'm considering taking literature after IGCSE :smile:
good luck for your results!

Literature is as a subject is very interesting, for IGCSE however you need to work hard as well, since study 15 poems, 10 short stories, and 2 dramas!
Best of Luck for your results too!
Original post by RayanneAouissi
What did u guys think about physics paper 42 and 22 today?

Paper 42 was oddly (somewhat) easy....people were saying that there are usually more numerical questions. I thought the questions were simpler than usual and that the questions were more of the general knowledge type lol :biggrin: paper 22 was fine :smile: what about you?? and good luck for your results :smile:
how was chemistry 0620/42/o/n/17 for u?? i didnt finish the paper and struggled through many questions. do u think the grade boundary would be high this time?
Original post by igcsestruggles
how was chemistry 0620/42/o/n/17 for u?? i didnt finish the paper and struggled through many questions. do u think the grade boundary would be high this time?

oh my gosh that paper was so screwed up. i swear almost every paper this session was so different from previous years. but chemistry especially. i mean i knew most of the concepts but the questions were so weird. since the paper was quite difficult, i guess the grade boundaries will be quite low. it's usually between 140 to 150 out of 200 for an A* anyway. but i think i did well, idk. for all subjects, even if i don't know the answer to a question i always make sure i write something down because there's no negative marking anyway :biggrin: so i didn't leave anything blank. oh well, good luck for your results! :smile:
oh my gosh that paper was so screwed up. i swear almost every paper this session was so different from previous years. but chemistry especially. i mean i knew most of the concepts but the questions were so weird. since the paper was quite difficult, i guess the grade boundaries will be quite low. it's usually between 140 to 150 out of 200 for an A* anyway. but i think i did well, idk. for all subjects, even if i don't know the answer to a question i always make sure i write something down because there's no negative marking anyway :biggrin: so i didn't leave anything blank. oh well, good luck for your results! :smile:

Ikr! The biology paper was extremely wierd for me, I don't know the questions were completely different, I think I just ruined it, but irdk. lol.:tongue: Best Of Luck. ANyone who did International Mathematics?
AHHH I'M DONE WITH MY IGCSES TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF EXAMS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yep::yep:
AHHH I'M DONE WITH MY IGCSES TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF EXAMS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yep::yep:

Yh same, today was my last paper - french listening, (pretty pretty hard though) so happy!
Original post by gladgeek
Yh same, today was my last paper - french listening, (pretty pretty hard though) so happy!

yasss i had french listening (and computer science programming) too, it was fine but so different from when i practiced past papers at home bc the speakers were so far away at school lol :biggrin: the questions were okayish i guess
WE CAN CELEBRATE NOW lolll
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest