The Student Room Group

Terror attack in New York City: 8 people dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JMR2017
However I do think it's important for people to know Muslims are against these attacks 100% I will never condone these terrorist attacks. Ever.

most Muslims are. comments from Muslims on facebook playing the victim card
Original post by Hateocracy
I think the suspect was a legal immigrant, i wonder how he reacts to this

That's my point. It isn't a natural born American, it isn't a Mexican who walked over the border, it isn't somebody who was visiting America and stayed illegally, it is somebody who was let it, who given what they did unsurprisingly seems to be a Muslim
Original post by JMR2017
However I do think it's important for people to know Muslims are against these attacks 100% I will never condone these terrorist attacks. Ever.

Which, depending on how what you wrote is read, it either trivially false or a bit of a pointless statement. If it is read as all Muslims are against it then it's trivially false because there are Muslims celebrating it, if going for the "there is at least one Muslim totally against it" then it's pointless because in the over 1bn Muslims there almost certainly will be one, a good point to start looking would probably be the US military
Original post by Jammy Duel
Which, depending on how what you wrote is read, it either trivially false or a bit of a pointless statement. If it is read as all Muslims are against it then it's trivially false because there are Muslims celebrating it, if going for the "there is at least one Muslim totally against it" then it's pointless because in the over 1bn Muslims there almost certainly will be one, a good point to start looking would probably be the US military

No Muslim in my family or community ever condones these acts, we are all fighting against extremism!
Original post by Jammy Duel

You don't have to say all before it, it should come as common sense. If I said "Americans are against it" would it be a pointless statement because there'd be some American citizen somewhere who isn't against it.
Reply 66
Note found in truck claiming attack was done in the name of ISIS
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us/new-york-shots-fired/index.html
dont worry bout' it, just part and parcel of living in the big city, eh?
Reply 68
Original post by Inkswell

Exactly. Run hide tell and don't look back in anger.

No big deal.
The suspect is called Sayfullo Saipov.

"Sayfullo" is a Central Asian rendering of "Saifallah" - or "Sword of Allah".

Hmm, what a fascinating name.
Reply 70
Original post by JMR2017
No Muslim in my family or community ever condones these acts, we are all fighting against extremism!

You need to walk the walk, not talk the talk.
Original post by Trapz99
There are reports that it was road rage

No it's an islamic terrorist who shouted Allah Akhbar whilst doing it
Unbelievable that nowadays you can guess the religion of the terrorist with 99% accuracy as soon as news of a terrorist attack comes out...
Original post by 04MR17
The US needs to have a good long look at themselves and their morals.:frown:

Whats this supposed to mean? How is it relevant?
Original post by Inkswell

In the context in which that point was made i.e big cities will always be key targets because they get the most publicity, then yes.

You added the don't worry which is a wholly disingenuous distortion of what was actually said.
There's only one way to curb ( not prevent altogether ) this type of situation and that is to ban all form of religion and gatherings across the Western Hemisphere .

We are after all, the only animals that kill one another for religious reasons .

Time to call on this religious nonesense that was written hundreds if not thousands of year ago at a time when the world was flat not round and donkeys were more popular than BMW .

Not one animal in the history of time has died as a result of religious indoctrination or hatred .

The only animals that blindly follow are ourselves .

The end .

Johnny English
Original post by 999tigger
Whats this supposed to mean? How is it relevant?
There is too much death in the United States. By whatever means, the only benefit it has is a small improvement in global population control and it's good for the funeral industry. Bar that, I see no benefits. Their culture is becoming more and more normalised to incidents of unexpected deaths, and I fear the consequences of that as a cultural atmosphere.
Original post by generallee
The suspect is called Sayfullo Saipov.

"Sayfullo" is a Central Asian rendering of "Saifallah" - or "Sword of Allah".

Hmm, what a fascinating name.

Lol if that’s your name your parents should automatically be put on the terror watch list
Original post by UWS
Note found in truck claiming attack was done in the name of ISIS
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us/new-york-shots-fired/index.html

Everything is done in the name of ISIS these days, unless ISIS directly helped him with the attack this means nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending