The Student Room Group

Does this sound like she was coming on to me?

There's this girl who joined a society I am part of and I seem to be the main person she talks to. She will always come up to me and work with me etc even when there are other people available. On a social last week she kept telling me to sit next to her and was sitting really close to me. When she left she tried persuading me to walk home with her because we live quite close to each other. I missed a session with the society this week but showed up afterwards to see everyone and go drinking with them. She came out early and was walking home and jokingly grabbed my arm and told me I had to walk back with her. Does this sound like she is interested in me or not? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

****ing get in there andf shoot your shot
Lol..what would she need to do to make you realise she wants you? Write it on your ****ing head?
Reply 3
Original post by Chaz254
Lol..what would she need to do to make you realise she wants you? Write it on your ****ing head?

See I thought that it seemed like she was interested but I deliberately left out a key fact when I made this thread- When I added her on Facebook her profile pic along with quite a few other pictures are of her and a guy and it definitely seems like she has a boyfriend which made me wonder if I just misread the signals.
Reply 4
Original post by Chaz254

So now you know she is probably in a relationship do you still think it sounds like she's interested?
Original post by michael1010
So now you know she is probably in a relationship do you still think it sounds like she's interested?

Tbh, I probably wouldn't know, sorry. Maybe she is just a really cheerful and friendly girl?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Chaz254
Tbh, I probably wouldn't know, sorry. Maybe she is just a really cheerful and friendly girl?

That's what I thought at first but the she doesn't act like that around anyone else in the society so I'm not sure
Reply 7
Why don't you just ask her out? We won't know.
stop being a pussi and ask her out. Whats the worse that can happen?
Reply 9
Ask her to go out after one of your society things, just the two of you :wink: go for a coffee or something simple and then see what she says and how she reacts :smile: ...And use protection
Original post by Avaia
Ask her to go out after one of your society things, just the two of you :wink: go for a coffee or something simple and then see what she says and how she reacts :smile: ...And use protection

That's what i was thinking but im not sure if she has a boyfriend or not because of the photos on her Facebook profile
There's this girl who joined a society I am part of and I seem to be the main person she talks to. She will always come up to me and work with me etc even when there are other people available. On a social last week she kept telling me to sit next to her and was sitting really close to me. When she left she tried persuading me to walk home with her because we live quite close to each other. I missed a session with the society this week but showed up afterwards to see everyone and go drinking with them. She came out early and was walking home and jokingly grabbed my arm and told me I had to walk back with her. Does this sound like she is interested in me or not? Thanks

no

no it does not
Original post by ANM775
she is attracted enough to date you, but probably won't due to the fact she has a bf

I suggest you bring her to a nightclub which is a known meat-market, ensure that she has plenty to drink to reduce her inhibitions ....waiting until like 1am when everyone around you is getting off with each other, isolate her if possible from friends [to reduce any social pressure she may be under to stay faithful] .....and then go for it son...

i've seen variations of this tactic used a lot where guys have female friends they want to get with.

considering this girl may have a bf, this tactic is probably your best chance at getting anything.......

Yeah i was thinking of asking her for a few drinks and just see if anything happens
How dumb can people get...
Original post by RedGiant
How dumb can people get...

Meaning?
Reply 15
Well, pictures of guys on FB doesn't automatically = boyfriend :3 My best friend used to be in every one of my facebook pics xD he could be a gay best friend :') ...You could straight up just ask her if she has a boyfriend
Original post by Avaia
Well, pictures of guys on FB doesn't automatically = boyfriend :3 My best friend used to be in every one of my facebook pics xD he could be a gay best friend :':wink: ...You could straight up just ask her if she has a boyfriend

Yeah but it looks like a holiday pic and most people don't go on holiday with just one friend and there are a few pics of them looking like a couple. She hasn't set her relationship status on fb to in a relationship though so I'm not sure.
Reply 17
Yeah but it looks like a holiday pic and most people don't go on holiday with just one friend and there are a few pics of them looking like a couple. She hasn't set her relationship status on fb to in a relationship though so I'm not sure.

Are there any other clues? Check out his profile, do they comment on each other's things? have any of her FB friends commented on them being a couple etc
Original post by Avaia
Are there any other clues? Check out his profile, do they comment on each other's things? have any of her FB friends commented on them being a couple etc

His profile pic is the 2 of them and their friends comment things like "lovely pic you two" etc and she likes or hearts most of his pictures so its looking very likely that they're together.
Reply 19
His profile pic is the 2 of them and their friends comment things like "lovely pic you two" etc and she likes or hearts most of his pictures so its looking very likely that they're together.

Hmmmm...does seem like they are :/ You should still just ask her, or make a comment about her 'boyfriend' to her, see if she confirms or denies the fact they together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending