The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anderson2727
Same! I think I am going to do both the biology questions in section 2...

What College have you applied to??

I made an open application but it's gone to Newnham, what about you?
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi @domiash,

As far as I know, you're more than welcome to email the Admissions team ([email protected]) to ask in which way you failed to meet the entry requirements. I would advise doing this to get an understanding on how you may be able to improve your application next time if you decide to reapply :smile:

All the best,
Ashley

Hi Ashley, thanks for your reply. The first thing I did after receiving the email was to ask for some more detailed feedback. I hope someone is able to get back to me shortly as I'm quite confused how I could not have met entry requirements! :-(

Thanks
Original post by Canine Copycat
I made an open application but it's gone to Newnham, what about you?

I applied to Fitzwilliam directly! Really loved the college and everyone was so friendly!

I heard most open applications go to Newnham if you are a gal. I wonder where mine would have gone since im a guy 😂
I think I'll probably do the 2 chemistry questions for the NSAA. One of the 12 mark question on last year's paper really confused me and I'm generally better at calculating stuff (with a calculator thank goodness!) than formulating nice answers under time pressure. It just really depends on the questions. The maths for paper 1 is really worrying me as I am not that great at mental maths and that section definitely took me the longest when I did it under timed conditions.
Original post by domiash
Hi Ashley, thanks for your reply. The first thing I did after receiving the email was to ask for some more detailed feedback. I hope someone is able to get back to me shortly as I'm quite confused how I could not have met entry requirements! :-(

Thanks

No problem at all @domiash. Now that I think about it, it might actually be better to call as the Adviser will be able to access your application, see why it was rejected and explain that to you rather than having to send emails back and forth. Plus, you would have the added bonus of being able to clarify anything they may have missed straight away if there's an issue :smile: The number is +44(0)1483682222 and you should ask for Alice Domican who is the Vet Med Admissions Adviser.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Anyone know when we will hear about interviews? I hope we have enough time between the invitation and the actual interview... I don't want the flights to be too expensive!
Original post by sophielophie
Anyone know when we will hear about interviews? I hope we have enough time between the invitation and the actual interview... I don't want the flights to be too expensive!

I'm wondering the same thing...I have to get back from northern Norway :biggrin: Based on the threads from last year/year before, it seems people heard from RVC between the middle and end of November, that's the only one I know about.
I saw on the University of Glasgow forum that they have started to give out interviews for vet med already.

Have you had any luck in sorting this out yet?

Aaaggghhh!! Ok, so I havent received the SJT either, I definitely need to find out whats going on because I was certain I had fulfilled the academic criteria and therefore would be sent the questionnaire...also doesn't help that when I told my teacher at school he just brushed it off and said don't worry they've got lots of applicants they'll get to you eventually...

Thank you for all your help and lets hope I can get this fixed!

I know Surrey said they would give at least one week notice of interviews, Nottingham said we would hear if we had an interview by the 8th (?) of December and their interviews are in January and February, RVC said we'd hear 4-6 weeks after all applications were in for interviews in December.
Original post by animalmagic
Have you had any luck in sorting this out yet?

yes thank you! I emailed them yesterday afternoon and I got a reply very quickly with the links to the questionnaires and the SJT and by some miracle I managed to complete them by the 11:30 deadline last night!!

Its not the best thing I've ever written because I had all of a couple of hours to do it and managed to get it in at 11:19...talk about last minute!

Thank you so much to everyone for all your suggestions and support, very much appreciated x
Original post by animalmagic
I saw on the University of Glasgow forum that they have started to give out interviews for vet med already.

got an interview from Glasgow this afternoon so very excited...now just trying to fix flights!
got an interview from Glasgow this afternoon so very excited...now just trying to fix flights!

AHHHHH CONGRATS! :smile: What date? You nervous?
AHHHHH CONGRATS! :smile: What date? You nervous?

Thank you!!!!! 4th December so got a little while for the nerves to build up...I don't think its properly dawned on me yet but I definitely will be when it comes around!

Has anyone heard from anywhere else yet??
Thank you!!!!! 4th December so got a little while for the nerves to build up...I don't think its properly dawned on me yet but I definitely will be when it comes around!

Has anyone heard from anywhere else yet??

Not yet... I've applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Liverpool and Bristol... I've done all the questionnaires etc. so now I'm just waiting.

I keep telling myself no news is good news:smile:
Not yet... I've applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Liverpool and Bristol... I've done all the questionnaires etc. so now I'm just waiting.

I keep telling myself no news is good news:smile:

Have you done the Bristol questionnaire too? I haven received that one yet, but I don't think I'm alone in that boat...good luck and I'm sure you'll hear soon! :smile:
Have you done the Bristol questionnaire too? I haven received that one yet, but I don't think I'm alone in that boat...good luck and I'm sure you'll hear soon! :smile:

Yes I received it on the 18 October and I submitted it on the 22 October
Yes I received it on the 18 October and I submitted it on the 22 October

Ah ok...hoping one comes my way too then!
Brilliant news, well done!

yes thank you! I emailed them yesterday afternoon and I got a reply very quickly with the links to the questionnaires and the SJT and by some miracle I managed to complete them by the 11:30 deadline last night!!

Its not the best thing I've ever written because I had all of a couple of hours to do it and managed to get it in at 11:19...talk about last minute!

Thank you so much to everyone for all your suggestions and support, very much appreciated x
if you are flying then I presume you are "rest of UK" or EU then and not Scottish?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending