The Student Room Group

Lecturer ignoring me ??

Im a first year student and have been assigned my first assessment. Last week my lecturer told us to email him a draft version which I did on Tue/Wed. He emailed me back on Thurs saying he’ll give me feedback later on in the day. He didnt.
So i waited until Monday and I didnt get a reply whereas my friend emailed him on Fri & gave her feedback on Saturday. I emailed him saying I appericate you’re busy and wanted to know when I’ll get my feedback.
Yesterday, I had a lecture with him and at the beginning he said put your hands up if I havent given you feedback so there were like 3 of us. He said to us email him again to remind and he’ll give us feedback. I still don’t have any replies from him & this work is due in on Friday and I won’t be seeing him until next week now.

I’m not sure what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by choco_monsterxo
Im a first year student and have been assigned my first assessment. Last week my lecturer told us to email him a draft version which I did on Tue/Wed. He emailed me back on Thurs saying he’ll give me feedback later on in the day. He didnt.
So i waited until Monday and I didnt get a reply whereas my friend emailed him on Fri & gave her feedback on Saturday. I emailed him saying I appericate you’re busy and wanted to know when I’ll get my feedback.
Yesterday, I had a lecture with him and at the beginning he said put your hands up if I havent given you feedback so there were like 3 of us. He said to us email him again to remind and he’ll give us feedback. I still don’t have any replies from him & this work is due in on Friday and I won’t be seeing him until next week now.

I’m not sure what to do.
As he asked you, Email him again to remind him.
Original post by 04MR17
As he asked you, Email him again to remind him.

I have, twice
Reply 3
I have, twice

Check the email address. And if you are sure it correct pop round to his office and ask him, or the department secretary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Check the email address. And if you are sure it correct pop round to his office and ask him, or the department secretary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is the right email as he uses it to email announcements etc
I am unashamedly a pest to university lecturers, I email, chase, email, chase constantly.

The way I see it is that if you put in the effort to submit the work on time the least they can do is give you feedback, plus you are paying an extortionate amount in tuition fees.
Original post by del1rious
I am unashamedly a pest to university lecturers, I email, chase, email, chase constantly.

The way I see it is that if you put in the effort to submit the work on time the least they can do is give you feedback, plus you are paying an extortionate amount in tuition fees.

Often they will tell you to hound them. The reason being is that they're incredibly busy and it is difficult to keep track of requests from hundreds of students.
Reply 7
It is the right email as he uses it to email announcements etc

Ok, so pay them a visit.

And I've moved your thread to the University life forum :smile:
Reply 8
Check the email address is correct, if it is, keep emailing him. Try to go and see him after one of his lectures or go to his office, you need to follow up with him and chase him down
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Often they will tell you to hound them. The reason being is that they're incredibly busy and it is difficult to keep track of requests from hundreds of students.

Yes exactly
Original post by Doonesbury
Ok, so pay them a visit.

And I've moved your thread to the University life forum :smile:

thanks!

I dont want to come across as ‘annoying’ i emailed yesterday around this time. I should probably email him today esp if he said he was meant to give feedback yesterday
I dont want to come across as ‘annoying’ i emailed yesterday around this time. I should probably email him today esp if he said he was meant to give feedback yesterday

I stopped worrying a long time ago about being annoying haha!
I stopped worrying a long time ago about being annoying haha!

What do i email n say this time😭😭 I
What do i email n say this time😭😭 I

Dear ......

I refer to my earlier email dated .... regarding feedback on ....... to which I still have not received a reply. I need the feedback as soon as possible in order to inform my studies and so that I may better progress within the module.

I would be grateful to receive the feedback at the earliest opportunity.

Kind regards
It might sound a bit sh**ty but I have learned this is the only way you get things done in life!

You should have seen the tone of some of the emails I sent to my solicitors when buying my house 😂
Dear ......

I refer to my earlier email dated .... regarding feedback on ....... to which I still have not received a reply. I need the feedback as soon as possible in order to inform my studies and so that I may better progress within the module.

I would be grateful to receive the feedback at the earliest opportunity.

Kind regards

aww thank you so much!! hope he replies back this time hahaha
It might sound a bit sh**ty but I have learned this is the only way you get things done in life!

You should have seen the tone of some of the emails I sent to my solicitors when buying my house 😂

I totally agree with you, you need to be in ‘charge.’ But i just sometimes dont like to be pushy or annoying which is bad and i know that has to change esp now im at uni 😤
I totally agree with you, you need to be in ‘charge.’ But i just sometimes dont like to be pushy or annoying which is bad and i know that has to change esp now im at uni 😤

Yep it does! I used to worry about that too but now I don’t care and life is much easier!
Could you go to see them in person? Some lecturers have drop in hours where they will be in their office. Failing that you could try copying in a higher up member of staff into the email. That's what we get told to do. Unfortunately some lecturers are abominble at answering emails even though they are supposed to have a 3 day turn around!

Quick Reply

Latest