The Student Room Group

Igcse English (0500) November exam 2017

How did you guys find the exam ? Let's start discussing what we wrote and didn't please . Feel free to write anything ? Can we talk about the first question and everything lol
Bears bears bears
I couldn't find alot of points in summary : (
I think Question 1 was okay.
For Question 2, I wrote that the overall effect was to show Leo's lack of experience and appreciation of the forest. So the first paragraph was showing how he was an outsider in the forest and the forest was hostile towards him, and in the second one, he initially described the forest as beautiful when he was viewing it in terms of civilization, but then described it as grey later on.
Question 3 is my worst question, and for this one it was especially difficult to find summary points.
What did u write for the third and first point of question one , I'm a bit confused and also for the 15 points lol , I, curious
For the first point I made up some ******** about how you've got to outsmart bears and stay down wind and stuff, and for the third I put that the bear was interested in their food and then Damien shot the bear.
I found it really hard to get the 15 points, so I made up even more BS for that one. For example, I put that a reason why teddy bears are popular is because they're traditional.
I'm glad to see that other people found the summary points difficult too though, maybe that means they'll lower the grade boundaries
I thought we had to put five points for each part , that scares the hell out of me lol, and idk overall I found it difficult to grasp points , what about writers effect , what did u choose for the second paragraph and what did u write lol
guys i found question 1 and 2 hard .....the 15 points were easy to find but i didnt have time to finish the summary cuz question 1 took so long to understand.... also the insert was LEO's perspective not damians do i got confused and had to change everything... this has to be the hardest english exam so far
(edited 6 years ago)
whats th exam about have it next
Did u guys choose glitters in writers effect , if u did , what did U write
Original post by sammysammy99
did u guys choose glitters in writers effect , if u did , what did u write

whats the exam about?
English igcse
Original post by sammysammy99
english igcse

paper 1 whats it about so i can revise x

Quick Reply

Latest