The Student Room Group

Why no discussion on Kevin Spacey and his alleged 'sexual advance'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yudothis
Didn't know that about him, however I already know his username from other views he holds. Let me guess his view on Weinstein is "he gets sex they get a career" so it's win win for both parties? And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if he pays for sex with barely legal girls.

Yes, it's a win win for both parties in a quid pro quo transaction.

There is no such thing as "barely legal". There is legal. And there is illegal. "barely legal" is legal, no need for the "barely" qualifier at all in a dichotomous distinction.
Original post by KekNewsNetwork
This is one of the greatest sex scandals Hollywood has ever seen and it'll keep on giving.

Latest in a series of high profile accusations tainting the entertainment world, actor Anthony Rapp has spoken of a 'sexual advance' at the hands of Oscar-winning Kevin Spacey, who is said to be "horrified to hear the story".

At the age of 14, Rapp was invited to a party by Spacey who, allegedly, assaulted him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41799026

Tragic if true, this is just another domino. Expect a lot more stories coming out in the next few weeks or months. Who will be next? Your favorite actor?

Here's Spacey's pathetic 'apology', in which he comes out as gay - a smokescreen?

https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/status/924848412842971136/photo/1

The way i feel media portray it is that due to the duration of time since the alleged assault, for what the assault was many feel to overlook it. Although the action would be assault and inappropriate, i feel many see it as 'he fell on top of someone drunk 30 years ago'. I believe the issue around it is masked in debate because of his claims of intoxication, his inability to recall the events of the night and the fact he exploited the situation as a platform to announce his sexuality which was out of order.
On top of that, more dire situations and cover ups have come to light with serial offenders that in a way, although it shouldn't, make the Spacey issue seem like less of an issue in comparison to the likes of Jimmy Saville, Harvey Weinstein etc
Original post by YaliaV
The distinction between paedophilia and the other terms is largely academic; sex with anyone under the age of 16 is still illegal and perpetrators would still be viewed as child abusers by the public at large. Are you attracted to girls as young as 13 or 14?

The age of consent is largely a historic legal characteristic of differing jurisdictions. It has no inherent moral or biological imperative attached to a specific number beyond its general rationale.

Germany for example has age of consent of 14. And no country in world if they have an age of consent law would have set the floor below the earliest possible onset of puberty.

I have already said I do not find teenagers attractive if they display no sexual characteristics because I am not a paedophile. I would not be a paedophile in either Britain or Germany, so why I should be thought of as a deviant in one but not the other if I am always in legal compliance.
Original post by Snufkin
I hope you're joking, that's very creepy. Status? Really? :rolleyes:

Original post by Fullofsurprises
As is often the case with threads like this, we are attracting some people who want to justify their manipulative and creepy behaviours.

Yes, status. When you are physically decrepit, why else will women still be attracted to you? Wealth, power that comes with status is the answer. Hugh Hefner had high status and he continued to attract young models.
Original post by oldboy2007
I have already explained why I could find some teenage girls attractive though less likely than an adult (eg, more 24 year olds are attractive than 14 year olds, by the dint of physical development). So I'm not going to repeat myself. It really depends on the actual development, not an age number.

If they develop earlier relative to their peers, want to express their sexuality and are actually good looking, there is nothing vulnerable about it, beyond legal constraints. Of course you shouldn't commit a crime against their person, but that would apply to a girl / woman or indeed person of any age.

I have already stated I have never found children attractive, so I don't see the problem. Mammals in the wild are ready to mate as soon as they hit puberty. If a teenager develops slowly, eg no tits baby fat and still looks like a kid then of course I could not find them attractive. Because I have repeatedly pointed out, only paedophiles like children, sexual characteristics actually turn them off.

Those are excuses. You are a predator, end of story.
Yes, it's a win win for both parties in a quid pro quo transaction.

There is no such thing as "barely legal". There is legal. And there is illegal. "barely legal" is legal, no need for the "barely" qualifier at all in a dichotomous distinction.

Item called blackmail and exploitation.

And yes it is, because if the only holding you back is legality, I.e. Possible consequences but without them you would do it, then I told matters a lot. Because age is just an arbitrary thing, no girl is suddenly more mature just because from one day to the next she turned 18.

You are a predator who is openly trying to justify himself. But we aren't falling for it. Tell yourself as much as you want "oh but I'm not attracted to kids" (which btw is a disorder), you're in a way worse than them, thy have a disperse, you're just a creep that wants to justify exploitation.
Ps I see my autocorrect on my phone is sometimes changing whole words or making two out of one, can't be arsed to go back and change, but yea the silly parts are that.
Item called blackmail and exploitation.

And yes it is, because if the only holding you back is legality, I.e. Possible consequences but without them you would do it, then I told matters a lot. Because age is just an arbitrary thing, no girl is suddenly more mature just because from one day to the next she turned 18.

You are a predator who is openly trying to justify himself. But we aren't falling for it. Tell yourself as much as you want "oh but I'm not attracted to kids" (which btw is a disorder), you're in a way worse than them, thy have a disperse, you're just a creep that wants to justify exploitation.

Dear me. Mutual exploitation and systems of exploitation is how the world works. When you are employed, you are being exploited for your labour, and you are also exploiting your employer for a wage, which you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

You want to be exploited. If no one wanted to exploit you, that means you are worthless and have nothing to offer.

The French word for management is actually "le exploitation"
(edited 6 years ago)
Dear me. Mutual exploitation is how the world works. When you are employed, you are being exploited for your labour, and you are also exploiting your employer for a wage, which you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

You want to be exploited. If no one wanted to exploit you, that means you are worthless and have nothing to offer.

Except of course the alternative of us workers not working for a specific person is not "ruined career".

Talk all you want. We see you creep. You're nothing more than a pathetic predator.
Except of course the alternative of us workers not working for a specific person is not "ruined career".

Talk all you want. We see you creep. You're nothing more than a pathetic predator.

My view of the world is very bleak, that's why I love Kevin Spacey's characters in his works. So of course I will defend one of my favourite actors.
Original post by KekNewsNetwork
This is one of the greatest sex scandals Hollywood has ever seen and it'll keep on giving.

Latest in a series of high profile accusations tainting the entertainment world, actor Anthony Rapp has spoken of a 'sexual advance' at the hands of Oscar-winning Kevin Spacey, who is said to be "horrified to hear the story".

At the age of 14, Rapp was invited to a party by Spacey who, allegedly, assaulted him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41799026

Tragic if true, this is just another domino. Expect a lot more stories coming out in the next few weeks or months. Who will be next? Your favorite actor?

Here's Spacey's pathetic 'apology', in which he comes out as gay - a smokescreen?

https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/status/924848412842971136/photo/1

Saddened. Se7en was a superb film with Spacey as John Doe. Gutted he's a groper. He's not raped anyone or sexually assaulted per se just got handsy but hw was 14 so pedophilic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91

No it isn't. Management in French is "la gestion".

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Do I have to change my avatar now
Original post by Fullofsurprises
He also doesn't see a problem with Harvey Weinstein (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5013138) and is seeking "fit girls" doing Comp Sci. (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4984914)

And here he is on TSR, the forum for schoolkids and students. Quelle surprise.

Given your recent posts i'm confused why you're not putting this down as a clumsy drunken fumble. :s-smilie:
(edited 6 years ago)
The age of consent is largely a historic legal characteristic of differing jurisdictions. It has no inherent moral or biological imperative attached to a specific number beyond its general rationale.

Germany for example has age of consent of 14. And no country in world if they have an age of consent law would have set the floor below the earliest possible onset of puberty.

I have already said I do not find teenagers attractive if they display no sexual characteristics because I am not a paedophile. I would not be a paedophile in either Britain or Germany, so why I should be thought of as a deviant in one but not the other if I am always in legal compliance.

It does rather seem like you're trying to justify your rather dubious proclivities. The age of consent is probably younger in some countries because they are realistic about teenagers having sex with each other. It doesn't matter what the situation is around the world, as anything under 16 would be illegal here. Maybe you should move if you want to explore further.
Dustin Hoffman
Brett Ratner

Latest two accused :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My view of the world is very bleak, that's why I love Kevin Spacey's characters in his works. So of course I will defend one of my favourite actors.

Mine would be if I had such a dark mind as yours and thought most of the world is like that.

And that's just another sick attitude you have. Sad.
Mine would be if I had such a dark mind as yours and thought most of the world is like that.

And that's just another sick attitude you have. Sad.

The world *is* a dark and bleak place. Human nature is only kept somewhat in check by governments and the social contract, backed up by the law. Human in nature lead nasty, short and brutish lives filled with never ending power plays and intrigues to get one over the other chimp in perpetual conflict over status and resources.

The goal in life is to try to make it to the top of the layer cake. Because you're being **** on the moment you're brought into this world until one day you may rise high enough to **** on others.
(edited 6 years ago)
Police now investigating a 2008 assault in London involving Spacey, reports Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/nov/03/kevin-spacey-accused-sexual-assault-harassment-house-cards-workers-netflix-cnn

I wonder if Spacey still lives in London? If so, he is really up against it now. If he's in the US, he will soon no doubt be relying on the extradition treaty we have with them, which is heavily biased in favour of America.
This is just the beginning it's what people been saying since Hollywood was first created its full of sexual abusers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending