The Student Room Group

Will Cambridge see my MAT (because of Imperial) score

I'm signed up for the MAT because of Imperial (I'm applying to Cambridge not Oxford) but after receiving offers from all my other universities (except Cambridge), I've spent more time preparing for a possible interview etc. instead of the MAT. Will Cambridge see my MAT score (which would be worse than it probably should be - mid 60s). Would it have any affect on me as a candidate and if so, would it be worth withdrawing from the MAT (I don't particularly want to go to Imperial anyway now)?

Thanks
Original post by TheAnorak
I'm signed up for the MAT because of Imperial (I'm applying to Cambridge not Oxford) but after receiving offers from all my other universities (except Cambridge), I've spent more time preparing for a possible interview etc. instead of the MAT. Will Cambridge see my MAT score (which would be worse than it probably should be - mid 60s). Would it have any affect on me as a candidate and if so, would it be worth withdrawing from the MAT (I don't particularly want to go to Imperial anyway now)?

Thanks

No- only Imperial will see it
Reply 2
Thank you!

Part of my Warwick offer is that a high score in the MAT may reduce the grades I need in my A levels, so I assume they see it as well)?
Thank you!

Part of my Warwick offer is that a high score in the MAT may reduce the grades I need in my A levels, so I assume they see it as well)?

I'm not sure- I think they use the MAT- so probably see it

How do they know that you're taking the MAT?
Reply 5
Thank you - this has been a great relief.

I guess that I may as well take the MAT then incase I have another change of heart about Imperial.

Thanks again.
Reply 6
Original post by RogerOxon
How do they know that you're taking the MAT?

Just reread my offer and the MAT isn't part of it (got it mixed up with STEP)

I do think Warwick sometimes take the MAT into consideration but I don't know when (obviously not for me haha) as it's on their website
Reply 7
I also got offer from Warwick. I thought they gonna make offer base on MAT until I got mine 2days ago😂😂
Original post by Linda_w
I also got offer from Warwick. I thought they gonna make offer base on MAT until I got mine 2days ago😂😂

what course did u do?

Latest

Trending

Trending