The Student Room Group

2017/2018 Road to A*A*A*A and Durham pls

WELCOME TO MY GYG

Hellooo thank you for clicking onto this page
I'm really late hopping onto the bandwagon but I've been addicted to reading these things lately and decided it would be fun sharing my last few months of school with you all! (That sounds really scary omg I'm too young to be a responsible university student help)

Introduction
Here's a few things about me!
I am a huge procrastinator
Because I'm a huge procrastinator I'm a night owl and hate getting up in the mornings (typical wake up time on the weekend is 11am/12pm - I know, terrible right?)
I love food
I play the piano
I dance 3 times a week (probably terribly)

Did I mention I love to procrastinate?
I stress about everything it's unreal
Most importantly, I've applied to study Maths, and would love to go to Oxford
EDIT: But I can't now obviously because I got rejected :colondollar: So hoping to go to Durham instead
FINAL EDIT: Rejection2 and yet I'm still happy with life! :colondollar: Off to St Andrews :lol:

GCSEs

Spoiler

My Year 12 Story

Spoiler

AS Level Results

Spoiler

A Level Predictions

Spoiler

UCAS Track

Spoiler

Milestones 2017-18

Spoiler

Dates To Remember

Spoiler

Thank you so much for reading if you got this far, have a cookie Feel free to ask me any questions you have or any advice you have for any of the subjects I'm taking! Also tell me if you're doing any of the same subjects or are applying to any of the same universities for the same course, I'd love to know!
I hope you can help me get through this journey - it'll be interesting to see what happens
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsemusicsucks

Hellooo thank you for clicking onto this page :biggrin:
I'm really late hopping onto the bandwagon but I've been addicted to reading these things lately and decided it would be fun sharing my last few months of school with you all! (That sounds really scary omg I'm too young to be a responsible university student help)

Introduction
I love food
I play the piano
Kind of obsessed with pokemon

GCSEs

Spoiler

My Year 12 Story

Spoiler

AS Level Results

Spoiler

A Level Predictions

Spoiler

UCAS Track

Spoiler

Will update this more later but here is everything I can think of at the moment :biggrin:

Thank you so much for reading if you got this far, have a cookie :h: Feel free to ask me any questions you have or any advice you have for any of the subjects I'm taking! Also tell me if you're doing any of the same subjects or are applying to any of the same universities for the same course, I'd love to know! :smile:
I hope you can help me get through this journey - it'll be interesting to see what happens :biggrin:

Congrats on your results mate!:smile: . Just one question.

Spoiler

Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Congrats on your results mate!:smile: . Just one question.

Spoiler

Thank you! :biggrin: No I don't think so, all they submitted were my predicted grades, and mentioned a AS Maths UMS exam mark in my reference :smile:
Thank you! :biggrin: No I don't think so, all they submitted were my predicted grades, and mentioned a AS Maths UMS exam mark in my reference :smile:

Ohh ok. Cheers :smile:
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Ohh ok. Cheers :smile:

No problem! :biggrin:

Hellooo thank you for clicking onto this page :biggrin:

Introduction
I love food
I play the piano
Kind of obsessed with pokemon

GCSEs

Spoiler

My Year 12 Story

Spoiler

AS Level Results

Spoiler

A Level Predictions

Spoiler

UCAS Track

Spoiler

Will update this more later but here is everything I can think of at the moment :biggrin:

Thank you so much for reading if you got this far, have a cookie :h: Feel free to ask me any questions you have or any advice you have for any of the subjects I'm taking! Also tell me if you're doing any of the same subjects or are applying to any of the same universities for the same course, I'd love to know! :smile:
I hope you can help me get through this journey - it'll be interesting to see what happens :biggrin:

Screaming at your GCSE results! Ah well done my friend :grin:

I'll be in it to watch! :wink:
Original post by EmilySarah00
Screaming at your GCSE results! Ah well done my friend :grin:

I'll be in it to watch! :wink:

Thank youuu! Scared that's the only part of my UCAS application that's actually decent :colondollar:
Thank youuu! Scared that's the only part of my UCAS application that's actually decent :colondollar:

I highly highly doubt that! :h:
Reply 8
Why do you remind me of one of those people at school that pretend as if they don't study and hang out with you and then by the end of the term. As As As :angry:
Original post by Nyimane
Why do you remind me of one of those people at school that pretend as if they don't study and hang out with you and then by the end of the term. As As As :angry:

Don't worry I'm happy to admit that right now I have zilch social life, and I've spent basically most of half term attempting maths questions and then failing, and then looking them up on the mark scheme and not understanding anything -_- I wish A Levels were like GCSEs but they're far from it :frown:
Original post by EmilySarah00
I highly highly doubt that! :h:

I wish that was the case :') You're too kind :redface:
The mistake I made was not realizing the difference fast enough. I aced my Cambridge O Levels too, made me overconfident... Then when my A Level results came out, I was humbled with Cs.
Original post by Nyimane
The mistake I made was not realizing the difference fast enough. I aced my Cambridge O Levels too, made me overconfident... Then when my A Level results came out, I was humbled with Cs.

Ahh at least you passed, congrats! Terrified I'm going to absolutely ruin my exams in June >.<
30 October 2017
Didn't really do much after school today - was planning on doing some MAT prep but unfortunately did not get round to it :redface: I had ballet for an hour and a half, and then had an online follow up session from a MAT prep course so I guess that was good enough? xD I also got given quite a fair amount of homework today, and got told I've got a bunch of tests coming up (not so fun) so there's even more to add to my plate! Still got papers 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 to go and 3 days to do them - I regret starting MAT prep so late argh! Gonna try and catch up on some sleep tonight because last night I panicked and went to bed at 3am -_- By lunch I could not keep my eyes open!
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh my god you're amazing well done and good luck!
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Oh my god you're amazing well done and good luck!

thank you so much! ahhh I'll definitely need it 😂
good luck :smile:
thank you! :smile:
thank you so much! ahhh I'll definitely need it 😂

😂I'm sure you'll do great, mind checking my blog out? X
1 November 2017
Today after school, I tried to do a fair bit of MAT prep ie cramming in 2015 and 2016 papers (now writing this I regret not doing these sooner since these were the more recent papers so the 2017 paper was more likely to be similar to those!). I ended up not even completing the 2015 paper after the multiple choice, Q2 and Q3 because I wanted to start on the 2016 paper. I did the multiple choice questions but after that it was getting kinda late and I was aiming to go to bed by 11pm, so I just marked my answers and read through the mark scheme with the longer questions (obviously the worst way to go about it but because I had left everything until last minute I had no more time left). I then had a quick (late) shower before going to bed afterwards. I had quite a rough night's sleep as well - although I fell asleep quite fast, I kept waking up in the middle of the night, so not sure how much decent sleep I actually got...

(I wrote this post yesterday but didn't actually end up posting it because I was so stressed about the MAT - just posting this today before I post today's post, so it's in chronological order :biggrin: )
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest