Cambridge IGCSE October/November 2017 Thread Watch

clinquantxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!
This is my first time posting on TSR I thought I should make a thread for the winter exam series this year because I couldn't find one. I still have about 2 weeks left of exams! Anyone who has anything to say about this exam series (rants about papers, grade predictions, etc.) are welcome to post!

Subjects I'm taking (they're all the extended syllabuses, so the maximum grade possible is A* in all of them):
-First Language English (0500)
-Foreign Language French (0520)
-Mathematics (0580)
-Computer Science (0478)
-Environmental Management (0680)
-Biology (0610)
-Chemistry (0620)
-Physics (0625)

(Note: These aren't re-sits, this is my first time doing these exams! My school chose the winter session, that's all )
Adam_johns
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maths paper 21 was very easy and 41 was kind of hard but i can still manage to get an A i think
childishhoon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What did you think of Biology? I did variant 3 (Zone 6), and it was alright.
Nightmare55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
english was hard AF!!!!!!!
clinquantxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adam_johns)
Maths paper 21 was very easy and 41 was kind of hard but i can still manage to get an A i think
I did 22 & 42 (zone 4, variant 2), 22 was easy for me as well! 42 had quite tricky questions but I managed to answer all of the questions good luck for your results!

(Original post by childishhoon)
What did you think of Biology? I did variant 3 (Zone 6), and it was alright.
my whole class thought that biology was so screwed up lol we did variant 2 (zone 4). atp was alright, but some of the mcq questions were written in ways we've never seen before, and there were such weird questions in paper 4 lol! Good luck for your results!

(Original post by Nightmare55)
english was hard AF!!!!!!!
ahhh! which papers have you done so far? i've only done 22 (zone 4, variant 2), i thought it was easy. the first passage was so weird lol! good luck for your results!
Nightmare55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by clinquantxo)
I did 22 & 42 (zone 4, variant 2), 22 was easy for me as well! 42 had quite tricky questions but I managed to answer all of the questions good luck for your results!

my whole class thought that biology was so screwed up lol we did variant 2 (zone 4). atp was alright, but some of the mcq questions were written in ways we've never seen before, and there were such weird questions in paper 4 lol! Good luck for your results!

ahhh! which papers have you done so far? i've only done 22 (zone 4, variant 2), i thought it was easy. the first passage was so weird lol! good luck for your results!
i have only done the english reading paper as a first language 22 and today ill be doing my writing paper 32.....in just 2 hours..the reading paper wasnt hard but it was confusing
miyomaya
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am taking chemistry (0620) early, I already did the paper 62 on the 26th and found it not too difficult but not too easy either, how did you find it?
gladgeek
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone who did the Literature paper 1 today? (I do variant 2) How was it? What set texts did you do?
clinquantxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by miyomaya)
I am taking chemistry (0620) early, I already did the paper 62 on the 26th and found it not too difficult but not too easy either, how did you find it?
Hi, I also did the same variant on the same day! I had the same thoughts! Also, the style of some questions was quite different than usual, though....
Good luck for your results!
clinquantxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by gladgeek)
Anyone who did the Literature paper 1 today? (I do variant 2) How was it? What set texts did you do?
sorry, i don't take literature :/ but i do variant 2 in my papers as well, yay! how is literature as a subject? i'm considering taking literature after IGCSE
good luck for your results!
RayanneAouissi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What did u guys think about physics paper 42 and 22 today?
miyomaya
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I also did the same variant on the same day! I had the same thoughts! Also, the style of some questions was quite different than usual, though....
Good luck for your results!
Thank you) best of luck to you too, we'll get through ahhh, let's hope for the best for tomorrow.
gladgeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sorry, i don't take literature :/ but i do variant 2 in my papers as well, yay! how is literature as a subject? i'm considering taking literature after IGCSE
good luck for your results!
Literature is as a subject is very interesting, for IGCSE however you need to work hard as well, since study 15 poems, 10 short stories, and 2 dramas!
Best of Luck for your results too!
clinquantxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by RayanneAouissi)
What did u guys think about physics paper 42 and 22 today?
Paper 42 was oddly (somewhat) easy....people were saying that there are usually more numerical questions. I thought the questions were simpler than usual and that the questions were more of the general knowledge type lol paper 22 was fine what about you?? and good luck for your results
igcsestruggles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how was chemistry 0620/42/o/n/17 for u?? i didnt finish the paper and struggled through many questions. do u think the grade boundary would be high this time?
clinquantxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by igcsestruggles)
how was chemistry 0620/42/o/n/17 for u?? i didnt finish the paper and struggled through many questions. do u think the grade boundary would be high this time?
oh my gosh that paper was so screwed up. i swear almost every paper this session was so different from previous years. but chemistry especially. i mean i knew most of the concepts but the questions were so weird. since the paper was quite difficult, i guess the grade boundaries will be quite low. it's usually between 140 to 150 out of 200 for an A* anyway. but i think i did well, idk. for all subjects, even if i don't know the answer to a question i always make sure i write something down because there's no negative marking anyway so i didn't leave anything blank. oh well, good luck for your results!
gladgeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh my gosh that paper was so screwed up. i swear almost every paper this session was so different from previous years. but chemistry especially. i mean i knew most of the concepts but the questions were so weird. since the paper was quite difficult, i guess the grade boundaries will be quite low. it's usually between 140 to 150 out of 200 for an A* anyway. but i think i did well, idk. for all subjects, even if i don't know the answer to a question i always make sure i write something down because there's no negative marking anyway so i didn't leave anything blank. oh well, good luck for your results!
Ikr! The biology paper was extremely wierd for me, I don't know the questions were completely different, I think I just ruined it, but irdk. lol. Best Of Luck. ANyone who did International Mathematics?
clinquantxo
Rep:
?
AHHH I'M DONE WITH MY IGCSES TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF EXAMS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH

:ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yep::yep:
gladgeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AHHH I'M DONE WITH MY IGCSES TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF EXAMS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH

:ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yep::yep:
Yh same, today was my last paper - french listening, (pretty pretty hard though) so happy!
clinquantxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by gladgeek)
Yh same, today was my last paper - french listening, (pretty pretty hard though) so happy!
yasss i had french listening (and computer science programming) too, it was fine but so different from when i practiced past papers at home bc the speakers were so far away at school lol the questions were okayish i guess
WE CAN CELEBRATE NOW lolll
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.41%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (66)
9.78%
No I am happy with my course choice (382)
56.59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.22%

Watched Threads