The Student Room Group

Just resat english paper 1.

Scroll to see replies

umm.. yeah i guess i m mixing them up. I must hv used character discription in structure question. silly me. but u know we r human
Reply 21
Original post by _gcx
hopefully that means you'll get a satisfying grade :smile:

Yeh now to do even better in paper 2 :smile: and score 60-70% like im hoping.
paper 2 is more difficult than paper 1 so yeah good luck!!
Reply 23
Original post by Chinmay V
umm.. yeah i guess i m mixing them up. I must hv used character discription in structure question. silly me. but u know we r human

Don't worry bro you brought me down at the start saying my point is silly as i made a mistake when i was writing it up but then cheered me up by taking a look at the actual work i produced , now let me do the same we will pass if we get near to 72 marks which is very possible im sure you will have done great in the essay question , the descriptive writing and we still have paper 2 left so aim to not mix up for that paper ! :P
paper 2 is more difficult than paper 1 so yeah good luck!!

btw you can quote posts (button next to reply) :smile: It makes it clear who you're replying to and gives the other poster a notification.
Original post by fizan1
Don't worry bro you brought me down at the start saying my point is silly as i made a mistake when i was writing it up but then cheered me up by taking a look at the actual work i produced , now let me do the same we will pass if we get near to 72 marks which is very possible im sure you will have done great in the essay question , the descriptive writing and we still have paper 2 left so aim to not mix up for that paper ! :P

yeah I hope u pass with flying colors too. Aiming at an A won't be bad tho xd
Reply 26
yeah I hope u pass with flying colors too. Aiming at an A won't be bad tho xd

For the essay question as one of the points as to why you agree did you use the fact that she wasn't wanting to join her friends , ask for help while digging to prove her self.
Actually I am not doing a resit but instead I am doing it because I changed boards. In previous board I got an A* in english, let's see what i get in this one
Reply 28
Actually I am not doing a resit but instead I am doing it because I changed boards. In previous board I got an A* in english, let's see what i get in this one

Well if you like what im doing ill take your judgement for it then and think im headed in the right direction :P i got a 3 , a 6 in english literature (dum i know when literature is the harder one)
Original post by fizan1
For the essay question as one of the points as to why you agree did you use the fact that she wasn't wanting to join her friends , ask for help while digging to prove her self.

yeah sure it was one of the most important points
Reply 30
yeah sure it was one of the most important points

Yay i guess im on the right track as other candidates XD i thought i was making stuff up but i guess people are on the same line as me .
Original post by fizan1
ff

What exam board?
Reply 32
Original post by King Ring
What exam board?

AQA
Original post by fizan1
AQA

So did you have an extract about a woman called Alice?
Reply 34
So did you have an extract about a woman called Alice?

Yes , at the start i made 3 points 1 about pathetic fallacy/personification and one about verbs and one about adjectives the extract was really limiting on what you could pull out .
cya i gotta prepare for next one now. best of luck!!
Yeah, so at the start, I made 3 points. 1 about symbolism one about the sentence structure and one on the use of positive language. I totally forgot about pathetic fallacy :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by VirgoStrain
is this for the new 9-1 specification or the old A*-G one? I did really poorly in my paper 1 which brought my result down to a 7. I was wondering if there are any resit opportunities next year assuming it's the 9-1 spec.

yh we resat 9-1 its available next year as well with the year 11ers just check with your centre.
Reply 38
Yeah, so at the start, I made 3 points. 1 about symbolism one about the sentence structure and one on the use of positive language. I totally forgot about pathetic fallacy :frown:

Do you reckon violent verbs is 1 as it contrasts with the use of the positive adjectives.
Original post by fizan1
Do you reckon violent verbs is 1 as it contrasts with the use of the positive adjectives.

not really sure tbh

Quick Reply

Latest