The Student Room Group

Terror attack in New York City: 8 people dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by generallee
You need to walk the walk, not talk the talk.

Ok what is that supposed to mean?
Religion of peace!! Allah snackbar!
Original post by JMR2017
Ok what is that supposed to mean?

It means telling the police about anyone who seems to be being "radicalised."

But all we hear from Muslims is how the Prevent Programme is "Islamophobic" and they won't cooperate.

So, do you walk the walk, or just talk the talk?
Original post by generallee
It means telling the police about anyone who seems to be being "radicalised."

But all we hear from Muslims is how the Prevent Programme is "Islamophobic" and they won't cooperate.

So, do you walk the walk, or just talk the talk?

Yes of course if we see someone who is being radicalised we will and we should report it to the authorities immediately and if they were going to do anything bad they should face punishment as well.
Original post by premedmath
Religion of peace!! Allah snackbar!

Where were you when LV happened mate
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Where were you when LV happened mate

Hope you're not blind or something. :wink:
http://www.timesnownews.com/international/article/manhattan-truck-attack-suspected-terrorist-shouted-allahu-akbar/116606

What does this have to do with my post?
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
The Prevent Program is horseshit, just like the latest proposals to punish people who watch Jihadi videos.

They are not any more islamophobic than the similar programs against nationalism are Nazi-phobic, but the point is they are ridiculous and infringe upon individual rights that Britain used to respect. They declare anything outside of a narrowing Overton Window as Wrongthink, and it is very understandable how muslims feel this is an attack on them.

They may indeed be crude, but do you have a better programme?

Whatever system is devised Muslim activists will condemn as "Islamophobic" that is the point.

The problem is not with the programme (this or whatever replaces it) but with the activists. And the wider Muslim population or much of it.

But not the poster who I asked the question of to be fair. Who seems a good guy.
What does this have to do with my post?

What does that have to do with my original post?
All I said was 'Allah Snackbar'.

What a typical Muslim / Liberal.
What does that have to do with my original post?
All I said was 'Allah Snackbar'.

What a typical Muslim / Liberal.

nice redpill man
nice redpill man

You're spitting on your own face.
You don't even have an argument to make cause you basically **** yourself in the first place.
Pathetic.

A really nice book for you

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Talk-Liberal-You-Must/dp/1400054192
You're spitting on your own face.
You don't even have an argument to make cause you basically **** yourself in the first place.
Pathetic.

There's no argument, you posted something that had nothing to do with the question and use ad hominems to think you've won.
Pathetic.
There's no argument, you posted something that had nothing to do with the question and use ad hominems to think you've won.
Pathetic.

I have never mentioned about winning or losing, thus I have never felt that I have won from whatever this is. You thought this was a game? You're basically following whatever stupid people are doing because you don't have a brain I suppose.

Go home and make kebab homeboy.

I don't want to waste my time talking to an uneducated person like you.
Too intelligent for you honey.
I have never mentioned about winning or losing, thus I have never felt that I have won from whatever this is. You thought this was a game? You're basically following whatever stupid people are doing because you don't have a brain I suppose.

Go home and make kebab homeboy.

I don't want to waste my time talking to an uneducated person like you.
Too intelligent for you honey.

What are stupid people doing that I'm following?

Kebab is here to stay boyo, time to get BLACKED

of course honey, you are the most special most intelligent boy ever
Original post by shadowdweller
Gentle reminder to keep things on-topic and civil please, folks!
PRSOM
Reply 115
Original post by desaf1
270+ mass shootings this year, vast majority committed by white men.
Proportionally, murderers in the US are far more likely to be black than white. In fact, they are about as likely to be black in real terms.

Be careful how you use that race card!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 116
Why? Stop doing this, you had nothing to do with it. I didn't see any whites apologising for Paddock.
Learn the difference between "condemn" and "apologise". Google will help you. Or a dictionary if you have one.

JMR said he "condemned" the attack. He didn't say he apologised for it.

I condemn all attacks on non-combatants. I don't apologise for any of them.

*smh*
Reply 117
Original post by MartinF98
No matter what you say, people aren't going to change their minds and islamiphobia will continue. Apologising is a waste of time when you have no connection to the attack.
Jeez, another one!

Look up, or Google, "condemn" and "apologise".
You will find that they are completely different concepts.

The only people who need to apologise for such attacks are people involved in carrying them out, who now regret their involvement.

Everyone who does not support the attacks should condemn them. Refusal to condemn them is tacit support. No other way of looking at it.
Do you condemn Islamist terror attacks?
Do you condemn Far Right terror attacks?
Reply 118
Original post by Inkswell
dont worry bout' it, just part and parcel of living in the big city, eh?
Someone else who has never actually read the Sadiq Khan quote, just read the Mail headline.
Original post by QE2
Proportionally, murderers in the US are far more likely to be black than white. In fact, they are about as likely to be black in real terms.

Be careful how you use that race card!

inb4 someone screams racism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending