The Student Room Group

The Telegraph opens up black Cambridge student for barrage of online abuse

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
You seem rather triggered. Try some Cheerios.

I would suggest you should stop taking Cheerios.

Just full of sugar and not good for your brain.
Original post by RoyalBeams
So, in your esteemed "intellectual" world, a tweet is an example of media outrage?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Do you know who Robert peston is?
Original post by PQ

No, I don't know him.

I know ITV, I know Robert, I know BBC, I know Peston, and I know Economics.

So who is this Robert Peston?

Please enlighten me.

Or is it not even a person?

Maybe Robert Peston is the media slang for "media outrage".:biggrin:
Original post by generallee
She wanted the notoriety when she wrote that letter (although it may have been more than she realised) and totally deserves the opprobrium.

This is what they do all the time.

They know they have no logical arguments against your point so they shift it to strawmans and "victims".

Before you know itt, you are no more arguing about the crux of was it right or wrong. It is about "we (they) are the victims".
(edited 6 years ago)
This thread has gone from being dull to ****ing bizarre over the last few pages
How disproportionately spiteful. But of course you’d say that.

I can't believe that people are buying into her "poor little victim" schtick.

You don't think she knows she will benefit from all this attention? It will do wonders for her career prospects.
I would suggest you should stop taking Cheerios.

Just full of sugar and not good for your brain.

Original post by PQ

No, I don't know him.

I know ITV, I know Robert, I know BBC, I know Peston, and I know Economics.

So who is this Robert Peston?

Please enlighten me.

Or is it not even a person?

Maybe Robert Peston is the media slang for "media outrage".:biggrin:

This guy seems unhinged. His edgy demeanour reminds me of Jesse Eisenberg’s *****y portrayal of Lex Luthor from the terrible Batman Vs Superman movie. I guess this is what happens when you spend all day being a contrarian bigot on a student forum.
(edited 6 years ago)
I can't believe that people are buying into her "poor little victim" schtick.

You don't think she knows she will benefit from all this attention? It will do wonders for her career prospects.

You must be a psychic of some sort. Is this how you justify online abuse by telling yourself that it’s good for her? Utterly deplorable.
This guy seems unhinged. His edgy demeanour reminds me of Jesse Eisenber’s *****y portrayal of Lex Luthor from the terrible Batman Vs Superman movie. I guess this is what happens when you spend all day being a contrarian bigot on a student forum.

Aww!

One of the sweet SJW labels: Bigot!:biggrin:

The "bigot" vs the "progressives", init?:biggrin:
Original post by moonkatt
This thread has gone from being dull to ****ing bizarre over the last few pages

That is what you get when SJWs realise they lack any logical arguments to challenge your points.

It is a classic way of hiding and deflecting from their lack of logical arguments.
Aww!

One of the sweet SJW labels: Bigot!:biggrin:

The "bigot" vs the "progressives", init?:biggrin:

I’m disappointed you haven’t called me a regressive Marxist cuck :frown:
I’m disappointed you haven’t called me a regressive Marxist cuck :frown:

I would be perfectly happy if you call yourself that.

You have my blessings to do so.
The online abuse (if there actually is any) isn't what is good for her, it is the notoriety. All publicity is good publicity, as I say it will stand her career in very good stead.

I hope she is getting a lot of really nasty abuse mind, she totally deserves it.

She and that vile Gina Miller woman. :biggrin:

Any other black women you despise for completely rational reasons?
The online abuse (if there actually is any) isn't what is good for her, it is the notoriety. All publicity is good publicity, as I say it will stand her career in very good stead.

I hope she is getting a lot of really nasty abuse mind, she totally deserves it.

She and that vile Gina Miller woman. :biggrin:

You hope she’s getting a lot of nasty racist and sexist abuse? Just to be clear, it’s her fault she’s getting abusive e-mails and that we’re not supposed to be feel sympathetic to someone who’s subjected to utter vitriol for no reason? Glad we cleared that up!
Original post by PQ
Any other black women you despise for completely rational reasons?

Is Gina Miller black then??

I am joking, I do know she is, but that has nothing whatever to do with it. (Although congratulations on playing the race card) I hate her because of her opposition to Brexit, and it wouldn't matter whether her skin was yellow, red or blue.

Is it rational? No. Hatred isn't rational. It is a lot of fun though.

I recommend an essay by William Hazlitt. "On the pleasures of hating,."
Is Gina Miller black then??

I am joking, I do know she is, but that has nothing whatever to do with it. (Although congratulations on playing the race card) I hate her because of her opposition to Brexit, and it wouldn't matter whether her skin was yellow, red or blue.

Is it rational? No. Hatred isn't rational. It is a lot of fun though.

I recommend an essay by William Hazlitt. "On the pleasures of hating,."

Gina Miller and your stated reasons for hating her are completely unrelated to the topic of this thread.

Why did you bring her into the discussion?
Original post by PQ
The staff who it was directed to weren't offended. They welcomed it and used it for a discussion (because this sort of input is basic course development stuff).

Why are you so worried about academic staff or curricula being criticised?

It was not simply "criticised". The letter was a massive over reaction with words such as "institutional racism", "decolonisation", etc. As if academics were racist colonists. They should have dismissed this attack as ridiculous.
Original post by PQ
Gina Miller and your stated reasons for hating her are completely unrelated to the topic of this thread.

Why did you bring her into the discussion?

So that you could demonstrate your sparkling sense of humour and general sense of proportion!

It definitely worked.
Maybe you need to go back and re-read, then comprehend.

Or maybe you could defend and elaborate on the point you're trying to make, rather than respond with a glorified 'ur too dumb to understand'.

Yes, you are realy, really that thick.

I should search for the thing I argue does not exist.:facepalm:

You have double padding.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yes, of course you should search for the thing you argue does not exist! Get some ****ing empirical data! How else will you know for sure whether or not it exists?! How else will you be qualified to argue with people about it?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending